Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Ah, but your daddy doesn't have the same friends to keep setting you up in business, then bailing you out when you fail...like Arbusto.
Excuse me, I thought it was Obama that was manning the money presses these days.

PS: Bail outs go to the man in charge today and he's the one that says, business must not fail and Obama is the one who is bailing them out, so they won't feel like failures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 01:46 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
If I were Bush and I were free of that job, Id never want to go back...even for a minute.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Actually, now that Im thinking of it, I think Id find me a nice secluded cabin somewhere and become a hermit, and have a sign out front that said

Leave me the _____ alone, you crazy people!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Excuse me, I thought it was Obama that was manning the money presses these days.

PS: Bail outs go to the man in charge today and he's the one that says, business must not fail and Obama is the one who is bailing them out, so they won't feel like failures.

Nice attempt at deflection, but it won't fly. The Bush/Walker clan is well-known for having done business with the Nazis during WW II, and their ties to the Saudi "Royal Family" are no secret...there are many books to detail it all, from Hitler to the Saudis to baseball to oil companies. History doesn't go away because time passes, as much as the right wing would like to forget the utter incompetence of the Bush '43 administration and the fishy business deals that made the family fortune. This thread is about Bush...take complaints about saving the economy to the appropriate thread.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Bush Turns Down Obama Invite to Ground Zero - President Obama - Fox Nation

Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Nice attempt at deflection, but it won't fly. The Bush/Walker clan is well-known for having done business with the Nazis during WW II, and their ties to the Saudi "Royal Family" are no secret...there are many books to detail it all, from Hitler to the Saudis to baseball to oil companies. History doesn't go away because time passes, as much as the right wing would like to forget the utter incompetence of the Bush '43 administration and the fishy business deals that made the family fortune. This thread is about Bush...take complaints about saving the economy to the appropriate thread.
Then don't bring it up.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Obama extended an invitation to GWB to join him at Ground Zero Thursday, and there are reports that Bush turned him down.

Here was a FANTASTIC oportunity for the two presidents most directly involved in the hunt for Bin Laden, to stand together at the site of the attack, and put our bitter partisanship aside for a moment, in a gesture of national unity, healing and closure, and to demonstrate to the world that when the chips are down, we stand united.

And Bush turned him down?

Why???
Obama has spent 3 years blaming Bush for every problem in the world. I wouldn't go either.

Besides Bush doesn't want his poll numbers dropping after being seen with Obama.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Bush failed at his task and standing at Ground Zero would be a reminder of that failure.

He started a costly (in lives and money), needless war in Iraq and failed to go after the real target of the 9/11 terrorists who were no where near Iraq.
LOLs. Spoken like a true statist.

Your point might have some validity except Presidenet Obama has never repudiated the Bush war policy. He has instead tripled down in Afghanistan, continued the war in Iraq, multiplied the drone attacks many times over, and continued to treat international law as well as the U.S. Constitution as flexible rules in the waging of war and enforcement of national security. Insofar as Obama is implicitly admitting none of this was necessary to catch Osama, he should be criticized for persisting in it, not hailed as a hero of foreign policy restraint.

Obama likes the Bush war policy so much that he promises more war: Osama’s "death does not mark the end of our effort. There’s no doubt that al Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must – and we will – remain vigilant at home and abroad. . . . The cause of securing our country is not complete."

You can't criticize Presdient Bush on this this without saying the same about President Obama. Since they have the same policy.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
He said he was done and evidently he is done.
Why should he go? It is not going to bring anyone back.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
I think GWB is pretty much over the Presidential thing. I don't much blame him.

Last edited by carterstamp; 05-04-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies