Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,739,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So now its the right's turn to whine
No crying from my camp. Glad he is dead but it is your camp that is displaying such hypocrisy and you certainly whined a bit for 8 years of Bush. Killing unarmed human beings (if you can call him human) is only tollerated when there is a leftist in the office, right? Got it. It was so wrong to treat pooor old Sadam like the rat he was when the right wingers were in office and we did not kill him before he got his day in court. Dont you remember whining then? How bad Sadam was treated? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
You may or may not like how the SEALs and CIA handled the mission. But the bloody SOB is dead! We should be happy about that!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,739,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The left has always said that President Bush was a "cowboy" that "shot from the hip" and now it turns out that Barack Hussein is the cowardly cowboy that shoots first and asks questions never.
Noticed he was wearing his golf shirt in the photo and someone must have handed him a windbreaker. What a bummer being pulled from ones golf game to watch that bloodbath. I did have to give Hillarity some credit because she looked close to puking.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM

27,113 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
But the bloody SOB is dead!

Maybe.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
The Loony Left has arrived. Maybe the SEALs should have miradized him in Pakistan? Would that make the Far Left and Islamists happy?

Look our Constitutional protections only exist within our borders it's not global.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Noticed he was wearing his golf shirt in the photo and someone must have handed him a windbreaker. What a bummer being pulled from ones golf game to watch that bloodbath. I did have to give Hillarity some credit because she looked close to puking.

When he entered the room he thought they were playing SOCOM on XBOX 360. Obama got agitated when no one would give him a controller. Hillary has her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing at him for not knowing that what was on the monitor was real people dying.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Probably already said but all those in the World Trade Center and on the planes were also unarmed so Karma's a B,, ch

Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is responsible for not doing the right thing and taking him alive and give him a trial and than have him receive the death penalty like a Western Country treats their prisoners.

I'm glad Osama is dead, but after hearing that he didn't have a gun, I'm now changing my mind and think this will cause more harm to the USA!

IF it is how it is now was reported on NBC earlier this morning. They were reporting that Osama had no gun and was immediately shot.

In The Netherlands 2 crazy people tried to file a police report to accuse the USA of murdering Osama but the police didn't want to take their report. I agree on that, but I think if the above is true, than Obama will be responsible when US citizens will be killed in a similar way....

We all know that the 9/11 victims never got a proper burial...many were burned to life...

Why did Obama order a proper muslim burial within 24 hrs....

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the bastard is dead, but I think this will hurt the US more...

This is not like with Hitler...when Hitler died the war was completely over. With Osama there are multiple muslim extremist groups who will go on just as they have been doing but now with more hate and more brutal killings, than they already have committed.
All I can say is: the right is sure upset that it was Obama and not Bush who got Osama!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM

27,113 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I did have to give Hillarity some credit because she looked close to puking.

So much for the look on her face;

Osama bin Laden dead: Blackout during raid on bin Laden compound - Telegraph

"Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense moments as we were waiting for information.

"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the operation itself as they were going through the compound.""

Old 05-04-2011, 07:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Whose lame-brain idea was it to feed it live to the White House? Let's be honest: It's one thing to video covert missions (as SEALs routinely do), but its entirely another thing to feed that video into a place where politics are able to grab hold and twist and contort the message to someone's benefit. In this case, it would be the President who is benefitting. This is not proper in the least. The White House has already back-tracked on its original "Osama fought back" assertion. If the video wasn't made available to politicians, then this type of thing would never come up. It should be the sole domain of our Intelligence Services, and never in the hands of politicians. Period.

Personally, I believe this government gets what it deserves if an international inquiry is put forth to find out the real answers.

The video should have never been piped back to the White House. Now they share culpability with the outcome.
He is the President so cannot get upset over his decision to feed it live while he and many others watched. However in the Arab Countries seeing this, don't know how that fares well with them. I am not so sure if this was a wise move or not.

I think this whole thing is far from over, i persoanlly feel that many in other Countries are going to push for a international inquiry.

Osama was unarmed, and i could really care less, i really don't care at all, however in those Extremists Arab Countries, oh they are going to give a damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies