Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Even more than men ALL women need to learn to defend them selves using what even means necessary. If this means training women to be able to kill anyone that starts an assault so be it. Self defense is every individual's responsibility.

Unfortunately for this woman even defensive skills would not have prevented the attack. A couple of well armed male (cultural bias) bodyguards might have been useful.
If you watch the interview you will hear her describe how she and her bodyguard (former Special Ops) were pulled apart in the attack. He did his best but 2 people against hundreds....not good odds. They were literally trying to pull her body apart alive. Quite disturbing narrative, but I think important to share with the women in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You seriously did not just say that? I really don't want to derail this thread, but there are 213, 000 reported sexual assaults in the US each year, and it's estimated that more than 60% of sexual assaults are not reported. That's how "western ideals" treat women.
Yet you're seriously comparing behavior that is treated as criminal behavior in the US with behavior that is business as usual, passed down through the genrations, in that part of the world.

Honor killings for rape vicitims, killing unchaste women, raping in public without worrying about punishment and on and on and on.

Sorry, no matter how progressive you try to be there's no way you can compare their culture's ideas on treating women with that the western nations.

Where have you been the last several years, in a cave?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Geez this is bad. I'm glad the women came to her rescue.

This is what a mob can do. It doesn't matter. Mobs are just unruly

Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yet you're seriously comparing behavior that is treated as criminal behavior in the US with behavior that is business as usual, passed down through the genrations, in that part of the world.

Honor killings for rape vicitims, killing unchaste women, raping in public without worrying about punishment and on and on and on.

Sorry, no matter how progressive you try to be there's no way you can compare their culture's ideas on treating women with that the western nations.

Where have you been the last several years, in a cave?
You dug yourself a hole, don't put words in my mouth now.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Geez this is bad. I'm glad the women came to her rescue.

This is what a mob can do. It doesn't matter. Mobs are just unruly
The mob mentality is terrifying.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:54 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Dug a hole? I'm on solid ground here.

I have no problem with what I posted about that woman hating culture.

I don't understand them, respect them and I never will, diversity be damned.

You're the one that came up with "... here in the US..." comparison

Maybe there was too much nuance in your comparison for me to grasp.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't think that's allowed. In the liberal utopia that is now Egypt, private firearms ownership is pretty much band. Or at least it was back when I was over there on business...granted that was 15 years ago.
they should have assigned a Blackwater security detail to each reporter

Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
LOL, I think you are the one with the shovel.........

Old 05-06-2011, 10:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It was a difficult interview to which to listen. Though, I think if you have teenage daughters, that you should not only listen but also listen to it again with them. Young women need to understand that this world is a dangerous place with predators who have no regard for what Western civilization considers human behavior. Educate them, teach them to be situationally aware and avoid putting themselves in harm's way by being in the wrong place at any time. Get them to self-defense classes so that if they are ever attacked they have half a chance. Likely they will never have to face the overwhelming force that Ms. Logan did. But, odds are that they may face an attacker one day.

Extremely powerful, positive words. What great advice you have given, nothing else really to say. I say truly always be aware of your surroundings and make sure you are not at the wrong place at anytime.

If you have an instinct about someone or a group of people, your mind is telling you something you should know.

I would say if you are attacked, scream if you can kick, make noise and you must fight for your life.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
The mob mentality is terrifying.

It is more then just trerrifying, it is damn Ruthless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies