Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,365,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Try to follow along young fella....
I WANT to know what you think is proper for Bin Laden. I know how tough of a question that is, old fellar...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,088,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can I just have one of the lefties answer this question?

What would you say/believe if Bush claimed to have killed OBL and then refused to release ANY Proof?
Seriously, if President Bush had directed a mission that resulted in the killing of OBL I would have accepted it and been relieved....pictures or not. For one thing, I don't believe that the SEALS would allow their integrity to be used in this way to spread a falsehood. For another, I don't believe you could have that many people involved in a conspiracy without the truth coming out. Good grief, they couldn't even keep a secret for an hour when they were waiting for President Obama to announce the killing of OBL.

But I must say this. We have some very serious problems in this country right now that threaten our very foundation. I believe those problems can only be solved by all parties working together in good faith for love of country. These continual sideshows and conspiracy theories only distract from the issues that are of real and lasting importance and prevent the working together that is so vitally needed if our country is to survive.

I only fear that someday our grandchildren will look back at this period of history with scorn when they see that our beloved country was not destroyed from without but from within by our hatred and distrust of our fellow Americans.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 PM

26,881 posts, read 15,101,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
fwiw I did not have hatred of Bush in 2001. Its his blind followers who post without fact, that are an aberration. The last few days I've see so much Obama hate on this forum from far right quislings, and it seems to be founded on no facts, just the fact that he didnt live in Kansas all his life. I find that VERY sick and sad.

He is president, and deseves some respect. For those who hate him so much, maybe they should go back to school or do something productive, instead of watching Trump on E! channel.

When you don't respect the Constitution what else do you expect?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,693,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Do you really think that releasing the photos now would appease anyone who wants to believe in the latest conspiracy du jour? Not likely

As someone else said earlier in this thread, this was a CIA operative. Don't you think that it's possible that they may have more information on this subject than you do? Oh say it isn't so? It's another conspiracy I tell you! No one knows more than these conspiracy theorists! You take that BACK!
On an additional note...Someone made an earlier comment about the truth coming out, once the SEALS who undertook this assignment, start being interviewed and "talking". Don't look for that to happen any time soon. Remember? These people do NOT exist. They are ghosts. There is a REASON these people were chosen for this mission. Why would anyone with common sense want these people to come forward and boast about their mission? To do so, would likely mean suicide and/or death to their families. Why do people think no one stepped forward to claim a $25,000,000 reward for the arrest and capture of Bin Laden? 25 mil doesn't do you any good if you and your entire family are dead! Have we forgotten who these people are? These are terrorists/sociopaths...they are hiding everywhere.....in plain sight!

Last edited by beachmel; 05-04-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I dont know why some citizens have a hard time just supporting Obama's decision (at least initially). All these complaints from people who dont quite grasp the difficulty in making some decisions. Just imagine yourself in his position. Perhaps in the long run this works? He's a smart president, just maybe . . . maybe . . . he knows what he's doing?

The military experts thought it would be best to scorch the earth when it came to eliminating Bin Laden. Obama thought different, it was a risky decision but a better won. Just shut up and trust Obama for once.
Ummm.. we've seen his judgement in not only friends and acquaintances but in the ability to choose new friends and acquaintances. It's hardly awe-inspiring.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,160,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I dont know why some citizens have a hard time just supporting Obama's decision (at least initially). All these complaints from people who dont quite grasp the difficulty in making some decisions. Just imagine yourself in his position. Perhaps in the long run this works? He's a smart president, just maybe . . . maybe . . . he knows what he's doing?

The military experts thought it would be best to scorch the earth when it came to eliminating Bin Laden. Obama thought different, it was a risky decision but a better won. Just shut up and trust Obama for once.
The same Obama haters who hated him before the election are participating in this thread, the
underlying reason is clearly bigotry.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,990,714 times
Quote:
America should not be portrayed as savages to the rest of the world.
How America is portrayed to the rest of the world, lies
in our actions, all of them (by example).

Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
The same Obama haters who hated him before the election are participating in this thread, the
underlying reason is clearly bigotry.
As well as the same Obamablowers.... your point is moot.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,799,066 times
The photos will eventually be released for historical purposes. Until that happens, I am afraid the children will have to be content with their make believe theories, which they would have regardless. Currently there is no point in releasing them.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,160,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
How America is portrayed to the rest of the world, lies
in our actions, all of them (by example).
Right and Obama NOT parading Bin Laden's head around on a stick sets a good example....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies