Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
You are quick to assign me things I never said. It leads to misunderstandings.

I'll restart from the beginning and walk you through what I actually said and our exchange, but if you will insist on painting me as some kind of automaton who eats up anything he is told, this will go nowhere.

My initial comment about conspiracy theorists was not about people who question the official story about HOW he died, it was directed to the OP and others who say there isn't any proof that he did die. An important nuance there.

Since you think that he died as well, I don't know why you felt concerned by my comment but still, you replied to me and mentionned wikileaks and transparence.

To which I replied that wikileaks offers nothing ground breaking. Of course, I was meaning terms of grand scale conspiracies, such as faking the death of OBL for political gains would be. Perhaps I should've elaborated more.

You then pressed on and mentionned examples of war crimes and went on a tangent about an old CIA program which has been declasified.

I replied that these weren't the work of a shadowy conspiracies, but war aberrations. And I actually made it clear that official versions are often spinned to put the govt in good light, but that I didn't believe in crazy stories.

Now you are saying I'm dismising these actions. I'm not. I'm dismissing that they are the cause of a huge conspiracy à la Alex Jones.

This, is the chronology of our exchange.

I didn't dismiss Wikileaks work. FYI, I absolutely agree with what Wikileaks is doing. You did not educate me about anything. I watched a long documentarry on these 'dancing parties'. I also read a good part of these cables and I hoped the helicopter footage, which was utterly disgusting, would raise awareness about how ugly war is. I am an antiwar person. But still, in regards to huge conspiracies like faking the death of a figure like OBL or a 9/11 inside job would be, wikileaks offered very little, wouldn't you agree?

I also do not believe the official version. The White House already changed its story and it appears OBL was unarmed and released pictures show men shot beside beds. I have serious doubts about the "resitance" they allegedly offered. But, I completly dismiss theories that an admistration would go as far as staging this whole thing...the risk is just too big.

So in a way, you and I think alike. We both agree he died but question the official version of HOW he died.

Hopefully this clears it up.
Same with me. I have no doubt that OBL is as dead as a doornail. Where I differ is the where, when, and how. Those are the questions that need to be asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Good, now they all need to shut their mouths to the press and decide on "No more comments".
Everyone who opens their mouth in DC has a different story.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Same with me. I have no doubt that OBL is as dead as a doornail. Where I differ is the where, when, and how. Those are the questions that need to be asked.
You understand that if the where and when differed from the official story, it would imply a massive lie and orchestration from this admistration. It would imply that this was all theatre. This is where you lose me.

I only have a problem with how he died. The main question being, was he given an actual chance to surrender or was he just executed? Did his wife really rushed the troops?

Soldiers and even policemen are all too good at justifying their trigger happiness and interpretations of firefights are often sujbective, even with footage of it.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good, now they all need to shut their mouths to the press and decide on "No more comments".
Everyone who opens their mouth in DC has a different story.
What was that about pride and pestilence?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:30 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am beginning to think that this administration is the gang that can't talk stright.
At least they can spell straight.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No pictures of dead Osama! No proof
Do you honestly think a "President of the United States" would fake bin Laden's death?

If Bin Laden wasn't really dead, then what would prevent Bin Laden from appearing in another video, like the ones he appeared in post 9/11?

Try to imagine the effect a video like that would have on Obama's presidency if one were to suddenly surface, with Bin Laden describing events that occurred "after" the date of his own death!

Do you think Obama would risk his entire reputation, his remaining term in office, and his legacy as president by "faking" Bin Laden's death?

Please try to think logically.

The ONLY reason the pictures and videos are being withheld, is to prevent terrorists from using them as reason to kill Americans.

Obama has American lives at stake, and he knows it.

The pictures would trigger emotions and cause anger by Bin Laden supporters, which could result in American deaths abroad.

Obama did the right thing by making it a quick burial at sea, and doing it in a respectable Islamic tradition.

Now Bin Laden's death is behind us, and we no longer have to worry about his spreading terrorist hate for Americans thoughout the Islam world, or his planning new attacks on American targets.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
My man Obama does not have to show people proof every time he does something. Just like his birth records people think they can whine and demand that he show them proof. It don't work that way.Same people demanding proof of the killing are most likely the same ones who cried for proof of his birth records.....

Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
My man Obama does not have to show people proof every time he does something. Just like his birth records people think they can whine and demand that he show them proof. It don't work that way.Same people demanding proof of the killing are most likely the same ones who cried for proof of his birth records.....
And he learned a lot from that whole experience didn't he? So much so that what was the final results of all that?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I understand why some are clamoring for pictures, after all, the only books they read are filled with pictures.
Oh gosh I so wanted to rep you for this but they say I've given you too much praise already today.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh gosh I so wanted to rep you for this but they say I've given you too much praise already today.
Yup, we should take the federal government on its word. Not because they've told the truth over and over and over but because Obama is in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies