Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times

Advertisements

Oh man, this is some funny thread rolling up here. I can't wait to see where it's at on post two hundred. I might as well jump in and help move the snowball along.

The timing is hugely suspect. There are several people that were involved initially in the hunt for OBL. I'm leaning towards the John Rappaport theory that OBL was actually dead back in 2002 from kidney failure. I'd also point out that a "fake" photo of a dead OBL that has been making the rounds on the internet for more than 2-3 years has resurfaced. Go figure the fake shows a bullet wound in the same place they said he was shot over the weekend.

The insertion and subsequent killing on OBL happened on the same day that Hitler took his own life. Why is it these coincidences keep popping up?

They quickly disposed of the body within hours of his death. No way is this being left open for conspiracy theory.

Now the WH has decided they won't release the photos and videos for fear of them being used as a rally point for Al Queda? Really? Does anyone here think that Al Queda needs an actual photo to rally? That is one lame excuse for withholding evidence to the public.

I'd like to believe we went in, found OBL, and took him out, but somehow the truth is getting muddled as the days wear on. Also less and less believable, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Oh man, this is some funny thread rolling up here. I can't wait to see where it's at on post two hundred. I might as well jump in and help move the snowball along.

The timing is hugely suspect. There are several people that were involved initially in the hunt for OBL. I'm leaning towards the John Rappaport theory that OBL was actually dead back in 2002 from kidney failure. I'd also point out that a "fake" photo of a dead OBL that has been making the rounds on the internet for more than 2-3 years has resurfaced. Go figure the fake shows a bullet wound in the same place they said he was shot over the weekend.

The insertion and subsequent killing on OBL happened on the same day that Hitler took his own life. Why is it these coincidences keep popping up?

They quickly disposed of the body within hours of his death. No way is this being left open for conspiracy theory.

Now the WH has decided they won't release the photos and videos for fear of them being used as a rally point for Al Queda? Really? Does anyone here think that Al Queda needs an actual photo to rally? That is one lame excuse for withholding evidence to the public.

I'd like to believe we went in, found OBL, and took him out, but somehow the truth is getting muddled as the days wear on. Also less and less believable, IMHO.
I agree. I also didn't even think about the fact that the old photo of OBL being dead has the exact same wound where they say he has it now. Something IS NOT RIGHT WITH THAT!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Too many people want to make the operation a political football.
I am very much skeptical about the whole event, not because of Obama, but because this was a CIA operation.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
If you want to ditract people form looking too closely at what you're doing, you give them conspiracy theories to think about. These were not accidental screwups, they were deliberate. The military aspect went off without a hitch but everything else was so muddled that there's no way it was all an accident.
Dump the body making it hard to prove or disprove he's dead. Deliberate.
Play games about releasing the photos. Deliberate.
Kill him outright and not take him prisoner. Deliberate.
It's all smoke and mirrors just like with the birth certificate. My advice is to just forget Osama and focus on all the other problems we're facing. problems Osamas death will have zero effect on.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Amateur hour? Every hour is amateur hour with Obama and his cronies ....

These clowns can't even come up with a halfway decent story. Everyone knows Osama Bin Laden has been dead for at least 3 years now. He hasent made any videotapes since the fall of 2007.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:19 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The fiasco that is developing around the death of UBL demonstrates that Obama still isn't ready for prime time. Apart from Robert Gates he has surrounded humself with foreign policy and PR lightweights. As a result what should have been a victory lap is turning into a national and international fiasco.

In the first place apart from announcing the death of UBL no information about the raid should have been released until the operation was thoroughly debriefed. That way all the relevant facts would have been known and a coherent storyline could have been provided to the press and our allies.

Secondly it should have been decided beforehand how the death of UBL would be verified (pictures? DNA? Live witness accounts?, etc.) to satisfy the critics and to avert (as much as that is possible) the conspiracy scenarios.

Instead the the WH let the story get away from them and now they are scrambling for control of the narrative.

Indeed ...

Never send a boy to do a man's job.
JimMe !!! ... ! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... Your Post Is Spot On ! Jolly Good Show JimMe !

TA / Ole Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies