Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times

Advertisements

"The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes."

Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
See my responses in red.

You're serious, aren't you?

Here's sommore.

http://www.beforeitsnews.com/story/6...artland...html

Last edited by ergohead; 05-06-2011 at 09:58 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Again, you don't know what you're talking about.
Yet, you argue something that you read about v. something that was personally experienced.

Good go.
You're saying that you know about the Kent murders because your wife took a class.
That's like saying that I know all about concentration camps and WWII because I live where I do.
No matter what I read, I'll never know what WWII was like or what it was like existing in an concentration camp.
Yet, you're trying to do just that.
It's laughable.

And again, you're just p***ed off and stomping your feet up and down, because there are people that don't cling to your every word, and fall in line with what you believe! And I'm telling you again, just because you don't believe in every single policy of the US government (which I don't either) that DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO START RIOTING! UNARMED OR NOT! Doesn't sound very peaceful, now does it? When tensions are high, s*** is going to go down! Admit it, there were those who went to the protests with alterior motives WITH THE INTENT OF STARTING PROBLEMS! Kind of contradictory to the peace and love philosophy that the hippies seemed to cling to don't ya think? What about the owners of businesses that were smashed by rioters? Was that OK! Should the owners of said businesses just sit there and take it? I know for a FACT that I wouldn't!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If you lived in Chicago in 1968, then you were not paying attention.

1968 Chicago riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chicago Seven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At which liberal school did you receive your Marxist indoctrination?

Leftists are always violent, in absolutely every case. Including Kent State. I have absolutely no problem with government, be it the National Guard or Law Enforcement, shooting violent leftist protestors to protect the lives and property of the innocent.

Doesn't matter if it's left or right! I'm not into the whole left vs right thing, because I think both extremes can be nut jobs! Protesting is one thing! I get that! People ABSOLUTELY have a right to have their voices heard! That right ENDS when rioting, and a mob mentality develops! You start trashing someone's property, and putting others in danger, you are by no means an innocent protester!

Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Doesn't matter if it's left or right! I'm not into the whole left vs right thing, because I think both extremes can be nut jobs! Protesting is one thing! I get that! People ABSOLUTELY have a right to have their voices heard! That right ENDS when rioting, and a mob mentality develops! You start trashing someone's property, and putting others in danger, you are by no means an innocent protester!
I agree with you very strongly. One of the best things I read yesterday trying to see what has these people so excited was that on the day before the sad event students were cleaning up the damage in the city. Now that sounds like an attempt to make the police, the governor, the mayor and the National Guard look like the bad guys. They ignored the fact that it was also the students that were forcing the NG troops up the hill through sheer force and numbers.

I don't know who panicked and gave the order to fire but if he gave the order as some of our lefty friends here seem to think we see much less readiness for crowd control in his training. Some said he said, "Right here. Get set. Point. Fire" No military officer would give that kind of order especially the get set and point part. Hopefully the young man who gave that order knew better commands than that. I would have been rolling on the ground in laughter if I had heard something like that.

I wonder how many years and how much technology it took for THEM to come up with that.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Well, all I can say is that we had big demonstrations here in Toronto this past year at the G20 summit. How many people got shot or killed by the quthorities? That would be a big zero. What happened at Kent State can never be excused however you want to look at it.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You're serious, aren't you?

Here's sommore.

Before It's News

Thank you for illustrating the point that I've been trying to make. People assume that students were gathering and acting in a violent manner, while all too often the situation was more akin to this. It's almost as though LE enjoys an excuse to try out their new "toys," whether provoked or not. It didn't take long for the new sound weapons to be used. If this video doesn't make it clear, then people simply don't want to believe the truth.

Last edited by Evenstar51; 05-06-2011 at 02:19 PM..

Old 05-06-2011, 01:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, all I can say is that we had big demonstrations here in Toronto this past year at the G20 summit. How many people got shot or killed by the quthorities? That would be a big zero. What happened at Kent State can never be excused however you want to look at it.
And that's the bottom line.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
So, lets summarize...
20 pages later it seems apparent that shooting unarmed students is acceptable because they were nasty commies anyway. So good riddance!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
So, lets summarize...
20 pages later it seems apparent that shooting unarmed students is acceptable because they were nasty commies anyway. So good riddance!

No, it's much more profound than that.

It's better to be the shooter than the shootee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies