Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is 4 points too many.
Just keep rubbing it in why don't ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
New Hampshire has done something right. We are 74 points behind the "leader".

Contrary to popular belief not all Liberals support the Gun Grabbers, I see my support and belief in the necessity of the 2nd Amendment is entirely in agreement with the Liberty part of Liberal. This does not mean I support irresponsible misuse of firearms. The person that pulls the trigger is always responsible for what the bullet does.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You can check and see how your state is ranked by these authoritarian fools.

Obviously, if you believe in the 2nd Amendment, you want your state to have as few a points and be ranked as low as possible.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...d_Rankings.pdf

What is the murder rate by bullets per capita in Arizona, Alaska, Utah, Montana, Idaho and Oklahoma, compared to California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Michigan ?

That pretty much documents the success.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I do not know but I would bet the high control states have higher rates of murder involving guns.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You can check and see how your state is ranked by these authoritarian fools.

Obviously, if you believe in the 2nd Amendment, you want your state to have as few a points and be ranked as low as possible.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...d_Rankings.pdf
LOL.. The Brady Bunch..

Looks like Arizona earned 0 points in their ratings. That's a rating of 100 for us supporters of the Second Amendment, and I'm certainly proud to be an Arizona Native.

When will these people realize that you can impose the strictest gun control laws, but they will not affect criminals, they'll get guns, that's one reason why they're called "Criminals", because they do not abide by any laws.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Let me preface this by saying, I am not a gun owner and don't know much about the gun control laws. But, I am a strong proponent of Constitutional Rights. For those of you whose passion is about this particular right, are you aware that the Federal Department of Education has authorized one text book and financially subsidized this text book called, "We the People:The Citizen and the Constitution." It is basically the Federal Curriculum for civics and government. It has been around since HR6 in 1994. Many schools use this text and soon, I imagine all will be, as Federal Funding for State Schools is dependent upon success with the Federal Curriculum. The text provides an "interesting" slant on the Constitution and on the United States Sovereignty in general. For those interested in the Second Amendment, it is interesting to note that in the Unit discussing the specific rights that our "Bill of Rights" protects today, the following number of pages are devoted to the following ten amendments:

First Amendment 16
Second Amendment 0
Third Amendment 1
Four through Eight 17
Ninth Amendment 0
Tenth Amendment 0

So our children are really not being taught that they are guaranteed the right to bear arms. The book doesn't state the opposite. It just cleverly omits it. Out of sight - out of mind. What is it that Reagan said? Something like, "Freedom is always never more than one generation away from extinction."
Who will stand up to defend something they don't even know exists???

The Second Amendment has controversy surrounding it. Some people love the right to bear arms. Others don't. But should the Federal Government via the public schools be trying to lull our children into not learning that we have this right? Sounds exactly what they are trying to do.

If this is your passion, you can read more about this indoctrination and more in one of two great books written by a former lawmaker and University Professor, Allen Quist.

Fed Ed: The New Federal Curriculum and How It's Enforced

America's Schools: The Battleground for Freedom

Check out the books at Amazon. They are only about $12 each. Customer reviews give great information even if you decide not to purchase.

A lot going on out there. There really is a need to read up on it.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
LOL, California having effective gun laws? I'll believe that when I see it.. all it's "effective" at is keeping law-abiding citizens from owning weapons to hunt and to protect themselves with.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I know it is wrong, but I hope a giant condor flies over the brady bunch and pukes on them.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Let me preface this by saying, I am not a gun owner and don't know much about the gun control laws. But, I am a strong proponent of Constitutional Rights. For those of you whose passion is about this particular right, are you aware that the Federal Department of Education has authorized one text book and financially subsidized this text book called, "We the People:The Citizen and the Constitution." It is basically the Federal Curriculum for civics and government. It has been around since HR6 in 1994. Many schools use this text and soon, I imagine all will be, as Federal Funding for State Schools is dependent upon success with the Federal Curriculum. The text provides an "interesting" slant on the Constitution and on the United States Sovereignty in general. For those interested in the Second Amendment, it is interesting to note that in the Unit discussing the specific rights that our "Bill of Rights" protects today, the following number of pages are devoted to the following ten amendments:

First Amendment 16
Second Amendment 0
Third Amendment 1
Four through Eight 17
Ninth Amendment 0
Tenth Amendment 0

So our children are really not being taught that they are guaranteed the right to bear arms. The book doesn't state the opposite. It just cleverly omits it. Out of sight - out of mind. What is it that Reagan said? Something like, "Freedom is always never more than one generation away from extinction."
Who will stand up to defend something they don't even know exists???

The Second Amendment has controversy surrounding it. Some people love the right to bear arms. Others don't. But should the Federal Government via the public schools be trying to lull our children into not learning that we have this right? Sounds exactly what they are trying to do.

If this is your passion, you can read more about this indoctrination and more in one of two great books written by a former lawmaker and University Professor, Allen Quist.

Fed Ed: The New Federal Curriculum and How It's Enforced

America's Schools: The Battleground for Freedom

Check out the books at Amazon. They are only about $12 each. Customer reviews give great information even if you decide not to purchase.

A lot going on out there. There really is a need to read up on it.
I wonder what Texas is doing about this? I need to check. Texas has a HUGE impact on text books.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Somebody also needs to remind the Brady Bunch that the problem is not guns, but violent individuals tha should remain in prison. Murderers and other types of criminals have been around since the begining of time, long before guns were invented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies