Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 02:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Never had his pizza so can't comment on that.
Based on what I've read and heard so far, I don't agree with his politics.
He is way too far right for you to approve of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This is an absolute fabrication.
Have you ever thought of me as a racist because I said something about Obama and his policies? I'll bet you have and that cuts your fabrication to pieces, I think.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
All I have heard for the last two year is "You only disagree with Obama because you can't stand that a black man is president..".
Your words are very true and it has been nearly 3 years, total.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I don't know that much about Mr. Cain, other than that he's a right-wing extremist. I know that doesn't distinguish him from the Republican field.

What I do know is that earlier this year he publicly stated that if he were president he would not appoint Muslims to the Cabinet or a federal judgeship.

In case you're wondering, this position violates the Constitution.
Is there something in the Constitution that says a President can't use religion as a reason not to appoiint? I have read that thing and read it and never did manage to see that part.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Let me know when you're ready to respond to what I posted.
She won't need to let you know until you tell me where you find some of your crap in the Constitution.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't understand where this comes from. The community activist stuff was a small part of Obama's career pre-presidency. He practiced law, taught at the U of Chicago, and was an Illinois state senator. I think he'd stand up fine against a pizza-maker.
I thought old Herman was a CEO of the company. I sure didn't know he made pizzas. Can you prove that part? You listed all of Obama's experience and not one part of it indicated him having any experience in running a business the way that Cain did for a time. Keep trying as there is a chance that you will make a conversion. Lets hope it isn't the wrong direction, though.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:00 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,159 times
Not an Obama lover but was intrigued by his answers in the Fox debate last week. He is not bought and paid for and speaks his mind effectivlely. Why not Paul/Cain or Cain/Paul ticket?

Last edited by mary54mi; 05-08-2011 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: accidentally hit enter.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Disgusting lie, that the left continues to allude to. Nice try, since we all know who the true racists are.
The thing about this one is that I prefer either Cain or Allen West and both of them are black. I am constantly called a racist by the lefties here because I don't like Obama but surely not because of his skin color. Both Cain and West have darker skin than Obama.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolitiSize View Post
Business owners may understand how to generate profits but that does not qualify them to understand complex social issues and public policy.

Many policy decisions are not about private gain. Hard for business people to see past that.
Community Organizers have no experience with important policy decisions and they have no idea what it takes to run a business. Obama had no experience that would have helped him in the Presidency, none whatsoever, but so many people thought he was cool, he was black and he talked (read...lied) a good line so they voted for a complete puppet who has proven that he has no idea how to run a country.

Please don't even try to tell anyone how a private business owner or private CEO would not be able to be a good President. Sorry, but Obama has put that ball to rest.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The fact that this guy is against all abortions, even in the case of rape and incest means he will never get my vote.
He wasn't about to get your vote, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies