Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times

Advertisements

Are there any other cities with 100,000 people that had EDs (electoral districts) that voted for McCain at an 90%+ rate (minimum 100 voters)?

The only one I know of is NYC which had 26 plus another 1 that had 90 out of 98 votes for McCain, and another 2 that had 90% out of 66 and 81 votes respectively. There were around the same amount of EDs that that voted for McCain at an over 80% rate (including some that round off to 90%) (these districts also had a similar voting pattern for Bush, Kerry so don't claim racism)

the top 2 ED's in NY were 97.6% and 97.3%

I could also make in NYC a area all in 1 neighborhood (50,000 people) (Borough Park) that voted for McCain at 90.2 to 9.5

and it wasn't just Orthodox jews, IN Brighton Beach they had a 80% McCain district (mostly Russians many of which are Jewish some of which are Orthodox)

In fact I can make a contiguous area only in NYC with over 2,160,000 people where McCain wins (he won by 1 vote)

there's a lot of dark red here
http://www.urbanresearch.org/resourc...Obama_2008.pdf

In addition many of those who vote democrat are not really liberal in the modern sense of the word (ex. many African Americans and Hispanics) but staunch democrats
(with most of Bedford-Stuyvesant where almost EDs were Obama 98+ with around half of them being 99%+ and a few where McCain got no votes at all)

In fact despite the fact that most politicians in NYC politicians support gay marriage if it actuality came to a vote I'm around 75% sure in NYC only it would be defeated and possibly by quite a large margin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Are there any other cities with 100,000 people that had EDs (electoral districts) that voted for McCain at an 90%+ rate (minimum 100 voters)?

The only one I know of is NYC which had 26 plus another 1 that had 90 out of 98 votes for McCain, and another 2 that had 90% out of 66 and 81 votes respectively. There were around the same amount of EDs that that voted for McCain at an over 80% rate (including some that round off to 90%) (these districts also had a similar voting pattern for Bush, Kerry so don't claim racism)

the top 2 ED's in NY were 97.6% and 97.3%

I could also make in NYC a area all in 1 neighborhood (50,000 people) (Borough Park) that voted for McCain at 90.2 to 9.5

and it wasn't just Orthodox jews, IN Brighton Beach they had a 80% McCain district (mostly Russians many of which are Jewish some of which are Orthodox)

In fact I can make a contiguous area only in NYC with over 2,160,000 people where McCain wins (he won by 1 vote)

there's a lot of dark red here
http://www.urbanresearch.org/resourc...Obama_2008.pdf

In addition many of those who vote democrat are not really liberal in the modern sense of the word (ex. many African Americans and Hispanics) but staunch democrats
(with most of Bedford-Stuyvesant where almost EDs were Obama 98+ with around half of them being 99%+ and a few where McCain got no votes at all)

In fact despite the fact that most politicians in NYC politicians support gay marriage if it actuality came to a vote I'm around 75% sure in NYC only it would be defeated and possibly by quite a large margin.
Outside of white yuppie, Hispanic and Black areas, NYC is pretty conservative.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Really? I don't believe that for a minute. Were gay marriage to be put to a vote in NYC, and NYC only, it would pass by a huge margin. You sure can make those areas where McCain won by a high percentage, but you make a mistake in assuming that those votes are all Conservatives.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
When was the last time NY went Republican for anything?
They also have a combined top rate of 55% which sucks.
They are a giant welfare state at this point.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Really? I don't believe that for a minute. Were gay marriage to be put to a vote in NYC, and NYC only, it would pass by a huge margin. You sure can make those areas where McCain won by a high percentage, but you make a mistake in assuming that those votes are all Conservatives.
you mean the orthodox Jewish areas? because those were they areas McCain won at over 90% Frankly there are more are Orthodox Jews that would vote for Obama then there are Orthodox Jews who would vote (especially when there not elected officials trying to keep their speakership) for gay marriage.

Most Italians in NYC in areas such as Dyker Heights and Howard Beach or even more Democratic areas such as Bensonhurst (just talking about the Italians not any other groups) these a reason that both the state senator and assemblyman from those areas are anti gay marriage

look at the map if you even know the first thing about NY and you'll see that those areas that are voting McCain are anything but pro gay marriage. and in only taking pro McCain EDs in NYC a vote to ban gay marriage would be passed at a much higher margin. Franky even more modern Orthodox Jews in super liberal areas such as the UWS would vote to ban gay marriage.

your ignorance makes me question weather your even from NYC.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Outside of white yuppie, Hispanic and Black areas, NYC is pretty conservative.
agreed and if most Hispanic and Black's vote against gay marriage at a rate similar to other areas it would fail drastically in NYC

Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
NYC is pretty darn conservative. Actually, the entire USA is very conservative with a lot of pervasive fundamentalist customs ingrained into our culture that most people irrationally clutch and cling to.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
agreed and if most Hispanic and Black's vote against gay marriage at a rate similar to other areas it would fail drastically in NYC
Fact, Prop 8 was a success in California partly because black voters supported it more than Hispanics did. And I do agree with your assessment. Hispanics and blacks are not liberals, they are just Democrats. My atheist Chinese step-father even thinks homosexuality is disgusting

Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
When was the last time NY went Republican for anything?
Martin Golden, Nicole Malliotakis, Andrew Lanza in 2010 (the problem is NYC is the most gerrymandered area in the country). Those areas of south Brooklyn that went to McCain have 5 Congressional districts (and all 5 go through 1 Jewish Neighborhood).

Old 05-06-2011, 03:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
USA is very much fundamentalist: criminal gangs and criminal-minded individuals with no conscience and perhaps even schizophrenia are trained by Christian churches to infiltrate organizations within major cities to watch over liberals: they make sure to intimidate and make real "liberals" feel like unwelcomed guests and strangers in a strange land: sometimes stalking and murder is involved. It is a total violation of the equal protection clause. But this is the major reason why our country is still very much anti-liberal and mostly corrupt. It's not the gays or social liberals who ruined Wall Street, the banking system, the housing, the job market, the education system, the pervasive abuse of corporations, the infiltrations of drugs, the wars, and so forth ... it was conservative people who wanted to keep everything conservatively corrupt while attacking the "real liberals" in order to appear legitimate. Of course, the foolish public keeps falling for the same dirty tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Fact, Prop 8 was a success in California partly because black voters supported it more than Hispanics did. And I do agree with your assessment. Hispanics and blacks are not liberals, they are just Democrats. My atheist Chinese step-father even thinks homosexuality is disgusting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies