Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You In Favor Of Gay Civil Unions?
YES I Am. 64 64.65%
NO I Am Not. 21 21.21%
Undecided. 5 5.05%
No Opinion. 9 9.09%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times

Advertisements

It seems that not only the majority of Americans support Gay Civil Unions; but new polls now show that a slim majority of Republicans now support recognizing Gay Unions.

I don't care what you "feel" you must call it and/or why you feel that need to not use the term marriage. As long as I have the same rights as everyone else Civil Unions is fine with me....it's all semantics anyway.

However I don't think anyone will ask if I'm "Civil Unionized" but will ask instead if I am married......and hopefully soon after being with my mate for over 28 years I can finally reply YES!!!!!

So are you OK with Gay Civil Unions and why??????

Ridiculous, Hateful and Tired/Illogical posts will not be replied to; but will be ignored along with that poster.

Poll: Majority of Republicans now support gay unions | News Story on 365gay.com

Yet Another New Poll Shows Majority Support For Same-Sex Marriage | The New Civil Rights Movement

Majority of Texans support civil unions or gay marriage | LGBT CareerLink
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 PM

What you can do to fight for marriage equality in New York | News Story on 365gay.com

Old 05-06-2011, 11:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
I have been a proponent of Civil Unions from Day 1. The Gay Agenda should have taken this track from the start, since it is a good compromise for all. You get your "benefits," and man/woman marriage proponents get to keep their institution intact. But no, it's All Or Nothing for Homosexual Whiners.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
It seems that not only the majority of Americans support Gay Civil Unions; but new polls now show that a slim majority of Republicans now support recognizing Gay Unions.

I don't care what you "feel" you must call it and/or why you feel that need to not use the term marriage. As long as I have the same rights as everyone else Civil Unions is fine with me....it's all semantics anyway.

However I don't think anyone will ask if I'm "Civil Unionized" but will ask instead if I am married......and hopefully soon after being with my mate for over 28 years I can finally reply YES!!!!!

So are you OK with Gay Civil Unions and why??????

Ridiculous, Hateful and Tired/Illogical posts will not be replied to; but will be ignored along with that poster.

Poll: Majority of Republicans now support gay unions | News Story on 365gay.com

Yet Another New Poll Shows Majority Support For Same-Sex Marriage | The New Civil Rights Movement

Majority of Texans support civil unions or gay marriage | LGBT CareerLink

How long have I been saying social conservatives don't care about gay civil unions?

Social conservatives don't want the definition of marriage to be changed to include homosexuals union because that changes the definition of the union heterosexuals have.

"Live and let live."

Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM

27 posts, read 34,395 times
Gays will eventually be able to marry in this country... but there will never be a country that has a King and a King.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanaceaHero View Post
Gays will eventually be able to marry in this country... but there will never be a country that has a King and a King.

I'll leave the "queen" jokes to someone else.

It's too easy.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanaceaHero View Post
That makes a whole lotta sense?????? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

Not too many monarchies these days but unfortunately still plenty of uneducated people.

Ever hear of The King And I......works for me!

YouTube - Cheney supports gay marriage

Old 05-07-2011, 12:30 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Marriage for gays. Simple as that.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Marriage for gays. Simple as that.
I agree....I just don't understand the opposition by some folks when the issue does NOT directly affect them in any way. Like I say.....Don't like Gay Marriage then don't get one.

I also do NOT understand why some people think it's within their "rights" to deny me or any minority our rights, when we are naturalized, taxpaying U.S. citizens just like themselves.

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Laura Bush: Gay Marriage Will Come

Old 05-07-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I agree....I just don't understand the opposition by some folks when the issue does NOT directly affect them in any way. Like I say.....Don't like Gay Marriage then don't get one.

I also do NOT understand why some people think it's within their "rights" to deny me or any minority our rights, when we are naturalized, taxpaying U.S. citizens just like themselves.

Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Laura Bush: Gay Marriage Will Come

"I agree....I just don't understand the opposition by some folks when the issue does NOT directly affect them in any way."

...that you care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies