Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

Advertisements

40% approval rating?

Not bad this early into the race.

Wait till Sarah shows us what she's got!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
First and foremost, if you consider that an insult, then you certainly haven't been the subject of my wrath before. I have no reservations whatsoever expressing my displeasure with liberal ideology. Most people on this forum know that. Apparently you have pretty thin skin, if you consider your response something resembling thick skin. LOL

1) Teabaggers? That's your response? Why don't you do yourself a favor and dig up a few statistics. This nation has always been right-leaning.

2) Obama's election does nothing to disprove that we are a right-leaning nation anymore than Jimmy Carter's election did. I'll not say any more to that effect until you educate yourself.

Obama's campaign promises are irrelevant to this conversation.

3) Democrats are not united at all. YOU may agree with the President, but millions of your bretheren are highly upset with his inability to take on the GOP. Again, educate yourself.

Yes, I consider inferring that a person is lying is insulting, although I've heard much worse from more worthy opponents. I made it clear that I'm not thin-skinned; you simply inverted my statement so as to appear clever. That's a middle school trick. And pooh-poohing the teabaggers? Not long ago they were the darlings of the GOP...until their constituents learned what their true agendas are and began to back away.
Obama's election was the result of a grass-roots campaign, one that crossed every barrier of race, religion and social status...even age. His campaign promises certainly are relevant...they were relevant when Poppy Bush said, "Read my lips...no new taxes." The fact that Obama did in two years what the Bushistas couldn't do in seven is a tough pill to have to swallow, but history will record the fact that bin Laden was taken out on Obama's watch.
My point from the initial post is that Democrats are never totally united, but in 2012 the GOP will face far greater problems. It's become the party of old white men, along with a few extremely crass women. Educate yourself...you certainly don't speak for all Republicans or Americans, no matter what you think. As for being the subject of your wrath, that's one thing that isn't a worry for me...I'm familiar with your style...try to denigrate and demean others. Which makes you just like a million other self-absorbed and bitter cowards hiding behind a computer screen.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:41 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
40% approval rating?

Not bad this early into the race.

Wait till Sarah shows us what she's got!
That's 40% for both of them. Sarah has already shown us what she's got

YouTube - Sarah Mania! Sarah Palin's Greatest Hits

Old 05-07-2011, 12:44 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, I consider inferring that a person is lying is insulting, although I've heard much worse from more worthy opponents. I made it clear that I'm not thin-skinned; you simply inverted my statement so as to appear clever. That's a middle school trick. And pooh-poohing the teabaggers? Not long ago they were the darlings of the GOP...until their constituents learned what their true agendas are and began to back away.
Obama's election was the result of a grass-roots campaign, one that crossed every barrier of race, religion and social status...even age. His campaign promises certainly are relevant...they were relevant when Poppy Bush said, "Read my lips...no new taxes." The fact that Obama did in two years what the Bushistas couldn't do in seven is a tough pill to have to swallow, but history will record the fact that bin Laden was taken out on Obama's watch.
My point from the initial post is that Democrats are never totally united, but in 2012 the GOP will face far greater problems. It's become the party of old white men, along with a few extremely crass women. Educate yourself...you certainly don't speak for all Republicans or Americans, no matter what you think. As for being the subject of your wrath, that's one thing that isn't a worry for me...I'm familiar with your style...try to denigrate and demean others. Which makes you just like a million other self-absorbed and bitter cowards hiding behind a computer screen.
You seem to left out the fact that Obama's election was primarily due to the fact that GW Bush's numerous failures had many Americans looking for ANY change.

Obama ran a far better campaign the Mc Cain and even Hillary Clinton would have won had she won the Dem. spot.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You seem to left out the fact that Obama's election was primarily due to the fact that GW Bush's numerous failures had many Americans looking for ANY change.

Obama ran a far better campaign the Mc Cain and even Hillary Clinton would have won had she won the Dem. spot.

That's what I meant about Obama's campaign being grass-roots...I should have been more clear. And while I would have loved to point out the many, many failures of Bush '43, one by one in excruciating detail, it would have been off-topic and would have turned the discussion from Obama and who he'll be facing in 2012. I'm not so sure that Hillary could have won; I'm not sure that people were ready for a woman POTUS. But she's been doing well as Secretary of State, so I'm glad that she can end her political career on a high note.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
9 out of 10 say no way to Obama.

Obama is a lame duck no matter what.

Trump already beat up Obama by forcing him to deliver his long form. Trump therefore showed he could force Obama into doing things and being up front like he has never been before.

Obama has ZERO chance of being re elected, get over it and move on.

Its time for change, a REAL change instead of a rookie fool who has been a gift to end liberalism in America.

Thanks to Obama liberalism is dying in America with only a few *******s left to defend Obama. The rest of them got smart and are moving on.

Trump was trailing Obama by the double digits and now its well past 20..... Obama has basically led EVERY SINGLE Republican in virtually EVERY poll

Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Trump was trailing Obama by the double digits and now its well past 20..... Obama has basically led EVERY SINGLE Republican in virtually EVERY poll

Oooh...that doesn't square with what the RW here wants to believe! LOL!

Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Yep, i'm a bitter keyboard coward who happens to be sitting in Iraq right now.

I am happy to denigrate liberalism as an ideology. The entitlement mentality that it has wrought has thoroughly and completely brought this nation to its knees. And yet you and your cohorts celebrate this by incessant support for the programs that are responsible for our financial demise. Further, you refuse to negotiate modernization and reformation of those programs. Why is that? Keep celebrating while the rug is pulled out from under you. It's par for the course in Liberal Land.

The problems run deep and wide, and span every single American, rich and poor. Keep celebrating worthless wins, such as gay marriage and who killed OBL. In the grand scheme, these are totally meaningless to the prosperity of this nation. But liberals insist on bringing these types issues to the forefront of their ideological battle in America instead of what really matters: the economy and the debt. You folks just don't get it. Never have. And for that reason I will continue to rail against you and your cause. Trust me on that.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:19 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
1) Yes, but there's plenty of buyer's remorse; the teabaggers' 15 minutes of fame are about over.
That may be true about teabaggers, but what about the T.E.A. Party?

Quote:
Recent independent polls show that Obama has had a nice bump in his approval rating, especially among Independents.
Let's see what the approval rating is in 6 months or one year, or even more important, in Nov., 2012.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:31 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
If Trump or Palin don't stand a chance then why do Obama supporters seem to be obsessed with them ???

BTW Jeb doesn't stand a chance anytime soon as his brother G.W. really tarnished the Bush brand name.

REALITY CHECK !!!! All Obama does is cater to Special Interest groups.
Because they want them to win the Republican nomination to ensure a victory in the general election. It's like the Miami Heat wanting the Memphis Grizzlies to win the West instead of the Lakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies