Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Well if your case was just like the cited case then you wouldnt have chased them to the end of the earth because you would have killed yourself over it. There absolutely was an invasion of privacy....that is the crime here and these turds should be punished for THAT. The death of the individual was soley his doing and it is a tragedy; however, the perps of the privacy issue did not kill him...he killed himself....definately something void in the kids brain and reasoning abilities.
Did anyone not go to college or HS in the last thousand years? Did people in your schools not do ridiculous pranks?

Technology today is advanced, and people can take videos/pics of someone doing something stupid and present it broadly, is no different than some idiot taking a kodak instant of someone else doing something stupid and posting it on the school's bulletin board.

Yes, it is immature, teenage nonsense, but prosecutable? Give me a break, get these running-for-higher-office prosecutors the hell out of these jobs already. This is no different the lowlife prosecutors charging 14 year olds for taking naked pictures of themselves and texting to their boyfriend/girlfriend.

Just an overly litigious, morally adrift society flying off the rails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
That was NOT a prank. That was a form of Bullying.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Good for you. You put up with bullying and that makes you a super awesome person.

Tyler had a reasonable expectation of privacy and that was violated. That is a crime. Yes, killing yourself over something like this IS drastic no I wouldn't kill myself over it. Had they known he was going to kill himself they likely wouldn't have done it. Too bad for them. They should have thought about their actions first.

No, I don't agree with the posters saying they deserve a life sentence, but they do deserve to spend some time behind bars. In America you can't just do whatever you want to do if it effects somebody else. If you violate someone else's rights, you deserve to be punished.

I also have to wonder why you would write your reps if you lived in New Jersey. Ever heard of separation of powers? This is in the judicial domain. The New Jersey Legislature can do nothing to stop this trial.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
That was NOT a prank. That was a form of Bullying.
Oh my, golly gee whitakers, what a travesty...nooooo....not.... bullying ....that's just so, so terrible

Gosh, George, I think we'll need to call out the Navy Seal Team 6, I think the mail man just "bullied" us when he stepped on our lawn to deliver our mail...

Old 05-07-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Tyler had a reasonable expectation of privacy and that was violated.
He had a ROOMATE. In a college dormitory. How much privacy can you expect in such a place?

You want privacy when you desire to have intimate relations - GO GET A HOTEL ROOM.

Quote:
That is a crime.
Hardly.

Quote:
Yes, killing yourself over something like this IS drastic no I wouldn't kill myself over it. Had they known he was going to kill himself they likely wouldn't have done it. Too bad for them. They should have thought about their actions first.
Yes, I'll remind all kids of that possibility the next time they give someone a wedgie, or short-sheet their bed - the recipient might either kill themselves, or worse...

Quote:
No, I don't agree with the posters saying they deserve a life sentence, but they do deserve to spend some time behind bars.
Then you would be as clueless as they are. They were living in a very public dormitory, which offers little, if any privacy.

Quote:
In America you can't just do whatever you want to do if it effects somebody else. If you violate someone else's rights, you deserve to be punished.
Expecting rights to privacy in a crowded, public dorm is not realistic.

Quote:
I also have to wonder why you would write your reps if you lived in New Jersey. Ever heard of separation of powers? This is in the judicial domain. The New Jersey Legislature can do nothing to stop this trial.
If you think this nonsense isn't politically motivated by prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-07-2011 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
He had a ROOMATE. In a college dormitory. How much privacy can you expect in such a place?

You want privacy when you desire to have intimate relations - GO GET A HOTEL ROOM.

Hardly.

Yes, I'll remind all kids of that possibility the next time they give someone a wedgie, or short-sheet their bed - the recipient might either kill themselves, or worse...

Then you would be as clueless as they are. They were living in a very public dormitory, which offers little, if any privacy.

Expecting rights to privacy in a crowded, public dorm is not realistic.

If you think this nonsense isn't politically motivated by prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves...
Juppiter was my name in Latin class in high school -- in latin it has two. How dare you report me to the moderators? It was just a little innocent prank. Is EVERY sort of bullying a criminal offense these days? GOD! You need some more fortitude. I will be calling my representatives about this.

Also Tyler had asked his roommate to leave so he could have someone over in private and the roommate agreed-- that is a reasonable expectation of privacy

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-07-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 05-07-2011, 11:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
This is what happens when you vote for Liberalism your entire life. Eventually it comes back to bite you. The prosecutors were held hostage to Liberal brow-beating their entire professional careers. What else could they do but honor the cultural malfeasance that envelops New Jersey like a shiit cloud?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
From what I read those two disguse me and they should be prosecuted for any law broken. I have to really wander about their parents raising them ;if they thought that was a prank.People worrying about big brother when its so called friends you have to woory about often.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:23 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
juppiter was my name in latin class in high school -- in latin it has two. How dare you report me to the moderators? It was just a little innocent prank. Is every sort of bullying a criminal offense these days? God! You need some more fortitude. I will be calling my representatives about this.
+1

Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 AM

766 posts, read 1,395,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I think the mail man just "bullied" us when he stepped on our lawn to deliver our mail...
And you compare THIS to secretly taping somebody having sex, and then posting it on the Internet?

You need therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies