Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or False: Barack Obama is the Jackie Robinson of Politics
True. Obama and Robinson Both Beat the Racial Odds Thus Making Them Comparable 7 19.44%
False. President Obama and Jackie Robinson Share No Historical Parallels 29 80.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
On the one hand, someone who plays a schoolyard game well and became famous because of it.

On the other hand, someone who is picked by the political machine to be the figurehead because he is of the liberal's "preferred" race, is tall and thin as we expect our leaders to be, and has no experience or opinions in/on anything. Famous because the prize went to either him or his opponent, and Bush was a monumental failure.

Alike or not, it's just sad.
I had to rep you for this post. The thing that bothers me most about this one is that Robinson was a great college football player along with his ability in baseball. If he had come along 50 years later he might well have been a professional football player.

Robinson was very much one of the most successful diplomats of the period in that he managed to keep from fighting back against the whites who tried so hard to push him out of the League. He was a great man any way you looked at him and Obama is a great speaker with his teleprompter working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 09:01 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I was always under the impressions that Jackie Robertson was one of the greatest players to ever play the game of baseball, but I learned from you there were many better but he wasn't easily riled...
It's a good thing you came along to rewrite history...
and OP, your polls trying to promote racism are going so well for you today. All the polls show results oppossite of what you want to hear..!
...what I want to hear...

lol.

That's hilarious!

Yeah, right. Asking questions is "promoting racism".

Maybe in Soviet Russia...but not the United States.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am for Allen West and hope they can talk him in to running against Obama. That would surely split the black vote enough for him to win.
I'd be shocked if more than 3 out of every 100 African-Americans voted for West over Obama.

Allen West is Clarence Thomas II.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:32 PM

504 posts, read 456,934 times
Default Perish for a lack of knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I was always under the impressions that Jackie Robertson was one of the greatest players to ever play the game of baseball, but I learned from you there were many better but he wasn't easily riled...
It's a good thing you came along to rewrite history...
and OP, your polls trying to promote racism are going so well for you today. All the polls show results oppossite of what you want to hear..!

I suggest you do abit of research as to Major League Baseball's very intensive and careful selection process in finally integrating baseball. Robinson had the spit , polish and temperment, BUT he was not the most talented.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Absolutely not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I have a feeling we won't be seeing anymore Black presidents for a very, very long time once Obama is out of office.
You must be insane. Nothing could be further from the truth. President Obama wasn't elected because he is black. He was elected because he is supremely educated, highly intelligent, and the most articulate president that we have ever had. He is dignified, poised, seeks out opposing points of view to make decisions, and versatile. He has been incredibly successful since being in office.

If another candidate from the Dems happens to be this qualified and effective, that person will get elected. Race not the deciding factor here, except to racists.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Barack Obama is simply the Barack Obama of politics. There are no parallels.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,687 times
Unless Jackie Robinson can lay claim to having killed a terrorist mastermind responsible for over 3000 dead Americans, the answer is false.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:32 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
I suggest you do abit of research as to Major League Baseball's very intensive and careful selection process in finally integrating baseball. Robinson had the spit , polish and temperment, BUT he was not the most talented.
You may express your opinion no matter how wrong you are, and this time, you're REALLLY wrong. It's OK, I'm sure you're used to be wrong...!!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
You must be insane. Nothing could be further from the truth. President Obama wasn't elected because he is black. He was elected because he is supremely educated, highly intelligent, and the most articulate president that we have ever had. He is dignified, poised, seeks out opposing points of view to make decisions, and versatile. He has been incredibly successful since being in office.

If another candidate from the Dems happens to be this qualified and effective, that person will get elected. Race not the deciding factor here, except to racists.
Of all the attibutes you mention, the only one that fits obama is that he is black. Other than that, he is a complete failure...
You should be on the comedy channel with that load of horse poop...!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:36 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
No , Robinson was good .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies