Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
That is only its presentation, religion. I'm not so sure that is the end game.
Ideology is an extremely effective tool when used to gain advantage. IMO, religious ideology is no different in that sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Islam is fighting for what the other people have. What was it that MLK use to say, 'we will love you no matter what you do to us'. And his counter part Malcome X, said, something to the effect, 'it is ours and we will take it by force if we have to'. (not exact quote, but give me a minute if you need it, let me know, I can find it)
To Calvinist...this is an example, supporting the contention of Muslims as aggressors...to a degree. The peaceful Christian King versus the more militant Muslim X.

Now, I did not research this one bit. I am just looking at it conceptually. Care to assess how I am wrong, or right if you will?

Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
What reason do I have not to? Well truth be told, I am not exactly sure of your meaning...
We are saying that Hitler was a Christian even though he did not display Christianity principle beliefs in his actions. If we say something long enough and hard enough soon other people will begin to believe it too, and therefore equate and depict that all Christians are Hitlers. Hitler himself, said it to himself often enough that he too, believed he was a Christian.

So, now, I'm saying to myself and others that I am Presidential, if I say it to myself and to others often enough, they too may come to believe it too...now what of my actions, what of my outward display of any ability to say that I could be or could hold that office, none, but if I believe it and others begin to believe it, actonbell, may appear on the ballot.

If people don't ask critical question, it could fly.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
We are saying that Hitler was a Christian even though he did not display Christianity principle beliefs in his actions. If we say something long enough and hard enough soon other people will begin to believe it too, and therefore equate and depict that all Christians are Hitlers. Hitler himself, said it to himself often enough that he too, believed he was a Christian.

So, now, I'm saying to myself and others that I am Presidential, if I say it to myself and to others often enough, they too may come to believe it too...now what of my actions, what of my outward display of any ability to say that I could be or could hold that office, none, but if I believe it and others begin to believe it, actonbell, may appear on the ballot.

If people don't ask critical question, it could fly.
I see. Thanks for the clarification. Yes. And definately unfortunate, at least in Hitler's case.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:02 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
To Calvinist...this is an example, supporting the contention of Muslims as aggressors...to a degree. The peaceful Christian King versus the more militant Muslim X.

Now, I did not research this one bit. I am just looking at it conceptually. Care to assess how I am wrong, or right if you will?
We have two different techniques in which to motivate people to the civil rights agenda, all men are created equal and the laws need to reflect that. Their goals are the same, but one chooses one path to take the other another path to take. The choice of which is the right path is up to the observer and to how each will speak to their hearts and move them internally.

Personally I choose, 'love no matter what', rather than, 'its mine and i'm going to take it'. The aggression to the later is, an invitation to war with one another, were as equality is understood, 'love' is the equilateral.

Good things come to those who love. and yes, I just made that up.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."
- Adolf Hitler, 1922

Yea, but he didn't really mean any of that, LOL. Does it really matter if Hitler was a Christian or not anyway? If he was, the Christians would just revoke his membership under Special Rule #328 - BadActs/Retroactive Withdrawal. This is the rule that states that a Christian that commits any bad acts will have his status as a Christian retroactively revoked effective to the moment of conception. Special Rule #328 was required to clarify the confusion caused by Special Rule #12 - This rule specifies that no Christian has or will ever do anything evil, immoral or even objectionable.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
We have two different techniques in which to motivate people to the civil rights agenda, all men are created equal and the laws need to reflect that. Their goals are the same, but one chooses one path to take the other another path to take. The choice of which is the right path is up to the observer and to how each will speak to their hearts and move them internally.

Personally I choose, 'love no matter what', rather than, 'its mine and i'm going to take it'. The aggression to the later is, an invitation to war with one another, were as equality is understood, 'love' is the equilateral.

Good things come to those who love. and yes, I just made that up.
I have no reason not to believe you and I am a make love, not war sort of person...and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make...and no I sadly did notmake that up... :-)

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 05-09-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Yea, but he didn't really mean any of that, LOL. Does it really matter if Hitler was a Christian or not anyway? If he was, the Christians would just revoke his membership under Special Rule #328 - BadActs/Retroactive Withdrawal. This is the rule that states that a Christian that commits any bad acts will have his status as a Christian retroactively revoked effective to the moment of conception. Special Rule #328 was required to clarify the confusion caused by Special Rule #12 - This rule specifies that no Christian has or will ever do anything evil, immoral or even objectionable.
Hee hee.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:21 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
It's pretty comical that this wouldn't be happening (as well as many other crazy things in the world's history...) if we didn't have religion...

Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
It's pretty comical that this wouldn't be happening (as well as many other crazy things in the world's history...) if we didn't have religion...
You sure have a unique sense of humor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies