Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:51 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It doesn't matter. Based on the same reasoning you provide, I see not Muslims but those who use Islam to propagate their cause to instill violence to gain political and economic grounds.

If you blame Islam for violence because the violent scream their lungs out with religiosity, blame Christianity for the violence from those who screamed their lungs out with that religiosity. The moment you claim one side as being innocent, and the other side vilified, the bias shows.
Islam is fighting for what the other people have. What was it that MLK use to say, 'we will love you no matter what you do to us'. And his counter part Malcome X, said, something to the effect, 'it is ours and we will take it by force if we have to'. (not exact quote, but give me a minute if you need it, let me know, I can find it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
And that is the example of what happens when it is in the wrong hands.
Well said! It would be wrong to conclude that Christianity taught the things Hitler did just because Hitler considered himself a Christian.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But why burn churches and kill people ? Take it to the voting booth.
Nigeria did this in retaliation to their election outcome. They want Muslim rule but didn't get it so they riot instead ?

And the moderates don't say a word ? No outrage at death and destruction in the name of their religion ?

Come on..this is not the era of the Crusades. I would have thought even third world nations have grown beyond that tribal, war mentality. All or nothing..give us what we want or you die.
So, is this an example of a lawless land?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Well there's not much coverage on follow up.
I do follow foreign news sites.

It seems most just don't do enough follow up to see if justice really was served.
Almost like "drive by reporting" and always on to the next "hot issue".

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:

It seems most just don't do enough follow up to see if justice really was served.
Well. This is still the era of the Crusades IMO. When discussing conflicts worldwide, there is a lot of Muslim / Christian conflict. Perhaps not on as grand a scale in any one given area, but still Muslim / Christian. Maybe it is completely one-sided and maybe it started with the Muslims drawing first blood around AD 300...and centuries later, Christians are still in the self defense mode. This is possible.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
It not exactly lawless. At least one side is trying to enforce / impose its religious laws / beliefs on another. Historically speaking, this rarely goes well.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I too have come across coverage from foreign news sites. I have found that they have some really sharp journalists and talk show hosts. I'd share here but it would be OT to do so., however, given to the topic, there are many middle easterners that have American views, whether they know this or not, I don't know. And visa versa... It is like I always suspected, we all bleed red. Imagine that.

PS: Many would like to establish that law, (imho) so as to know beyond doubt what the rules are.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-09-2011 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
It not exactly lawless. At least one side is trying to enforce / impose its religious laws / beliefs on another. Historically speaking, this rarely goes well.
That is only its presentation, religion. I'm not so sure that is the end game.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Well said! It would be wrong to conclude that Christianity taught the things Hitler did just because Hitler considered himself a Christian.
I consider myself Presidential, well, because I am. You believe me don't you?

Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I consider myself Presidential, well, because I am. You believe me don't you?
What reason do I have not to? Well truth be told, I am not exactly sure of your meaning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies