Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 03:44 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage

By the way, where is the demand that men be fathers to their children and take an active, equal role in child-rearing? These anti-woman individuals fall eerily silent when it comes to fathers taking an active role in their children's lives and giving their kids moral guidance.
That's not their role, their role is to provide the income to provide financial support for those children. They don't have to play a part in their lives except to be the ATM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon,

I did read the entire thread before posting.

I suggest you reread my post and realize that I discussed the different branches of feminism in the first two paragraphs. Hint: the first branch I discussed are interested in true equal rights, and the second branch I discussed are interested in "equal plus extra" rights.

If you are for equal rights and support equal parenting laws, there is no need for the condescending post. I am not your adversary if our goal is the same.
I suggest you reread your own post, in which you referred to feminism as being one idea as a whole, and not in branches. Hint: I quoted it for you, right down to the sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I am not a fan of the current form of feminism being pushed by NOW and others.
"The current form"? There are many "current forms" and it'd do you well not to mix them up if you really do have the same goals. We haven't achieved equality yet. Some of us want equality, and some radicals want something else (that, I'm not interested in...I for one don't need to be seen as superior to men—just not inferior). It'd also do you well to lose the condescending tone, since no one was attacking you.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:46 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
That's not their role, their role is to provide the income to provide financial support for those children. They don't have to play a part in their lives except to be the ATM.
How pathetic.

I sure hope you never have kids.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM

That's the man's role. Women are the caregivers.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
If the women don't even want them around, I suppose not. Guess those guys picked the wrong women.

I've only picked women that didn't want kids in the first place. Lucky me.
*sigh*
You can't accept that there are deadbeat fathers who run away from responsibility, can you? No matter what atrocities a would-be father commits by abandoning his family, you're prepared to claim that the mother wanted a deadbeat for her kid. I'm not going to entertain this any further.
Luckily I'll never be in that situation either, because I have no desire to have kids.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You realize that your paragraph above is basically the very same rant that has been heard from each proceeding generation. My great-great grandparents said the same of the youth of their day as did my grandparents of the younger generation as did my parents of my generation as I am doing of todays generation.
I don't know how old you are, but I was born in the 1950's ... and I have seen the dramatic shifts and changes.

You may claim that the comparisons are the same ... such as how the ultra conservative wanted to ban Elvis Presley because his hip gyrations were viewed as morally indignant ... but it ain't gonna wash. No comparison at all to the mosh pits and the satanic devil music and the moral decline we see occurring right now ... like Lady Gaga blood soaked chest. You'd have to be a blind fool not to notice the cult of death .... the skulls ... the blood ... the soul shattering evil of this cultist style death music.

Look around you ... War and Terror .... Terror and War .... death and destruction ... BP and the Gulf of Mexico ... Japan's 6 Nuclear meltdowns ... Afghanistan and Iraq .. and Libya ... next is Pakistan and Syria and Iran

In case you haven't noticed .. the world has gone stark raving insane ... the likes of which we have never seen before in this country.

And what worries the fine ladies here? They're worried about their legal right to kill babies.

Charming.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
That's the man's role. Women are the caregivers.
Hmm. I just have one question...
Say a man and a woman have some kids, and they go the traditional route. Forget about whether they're doing it out of choice or obligation. Man goes to work, gets all the income for the family. Woman raises the kids and stays at home.
According to TKramar's Rules Of Life, what happens after the kids grow up and leave home? Is it okay for the woman to sit back and relax and spend hubby's free money since "her job" is done? After all, that's the man's role, right? To be an ATM? He should be satisfied, shouldn't he?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
*sigh*
You can't accept that there are deadbeat fathers who run away from responsibility, can you? No matter what atrocities a would-be father commits by abandoning his family, you're prepared to claim that the mother wanted a deadbeat for her kid. I'm not going to entertain this any further.
Luckily I'll never be in that situation either, because I have no desire to have kids.
Oh, I can accept that. I also accept that the women in question made BAD choices. If they made good choices, they wouldn't be going after the bad boy who would do such a thing. And that ultimately, the women don't really care what he does--they're happier to get rid of him and divorce him--if they were ever married in the first place--because they don't NEED him to raise their kids.

Ask any single mom if she "needs" a man...

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I don't know how old you are, but I was born in the 1950's ... and I have seen the dramatic shifts and changes.

You may claim that the comparisons are the same ... such as how the ultra conservative wanted to ban Elvis Presley because his hip gyrations were viewed as morally indignant ... but it ain't gonna wash. No comparison at all to the mosh pits and the satanic devil music and the moral decline we see occurring right now ... like Lady Gaga blood soaked chest. You'd have to be a blind fool not to notice the cult of death .... the skulls ... the blood ... the soul shattering evil of this cultist style death music.

Look around you ... War and Terror .... Terror and War .... death and destruction ... BP and the Gulf of Mexico ... Japan's 6 Nuclear meltdowns ... Afghanistan and Iraq .. and Libya ... next is Pakistan and Syria and Iran

In case you haven't noticed .. the world has gone stark raving insane ... the likes of which we have never seen before in this country.

And what worries the fine ladies here? They're worried about their legal right to kill babies.

Charming.
Why are you trying to change the focus of this thread from women's equality to abortion? This is the third post you've brought up abortion. I think there are lots of threads on abortion on this forum, and that we don't have to hi-jack this thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times
Quote:
I suggest you reread your own post, in which you referred to feminism as being one idea as a whole, and not in branches. Hint: I quoted it for you, right down to the sentence.

"The current form"? There are many "current forms" and it'd do you well not to mix them up if you really do have the same goals. We haven't achieved equality yet. Some of us want equality, and some radicals want something else (that, I'm not interested in...I for one don't need to be seen as superior to men—just not inferior). It'd also do you well to lose the condescending tone, since no one was attacking you.
Quote:

Hi Doobage,

I suggest you reread the sentence you quoted. Did you miss the "being pushed by NOW and others?" Nowhere did I say that was the ONLY form of feminism being pushed right now. In fact, I was only commenting on the child custody situation, I didn't even mention other tenets of the current form of feminism being pushed by NOW and others. If I were generalizing all current feminism as you seem to assume, I would not have narrowly focused on child custody.

For the record, I was not being condescending, I was simply responding to your implication that I did not read the entire thread, and now I am responding in regards to your sentence dissection, both of which are condescening, but it really doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies