Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 12:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No dear, just because women don't accept anything a male says as the truth doesn't mean they loathe or hate or are bi!ches as you have been taught.

I've read most of the 32 pages and found many well written, intelligent rejoinders to the misogynists who think women are lesser/evil/the cause of all the world's problems which DOES look like loathing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Anyone that doesn't accept ANYTHING a certain gender says as the truth is narrow minded. And isn't that what feminists hate about men? That they never accepted anything women said as the truth?

It has a lot less to do with being taught, and more do do with what is seen and heard.
I have no idea what your post has to do with the one of mine above that you quoted...???? Maybe the word "anything" mislead you from the point??? If I put in the word "everything" would that lead you back to the POINT ? Otherwise it looks like you're deliberately missing the point.

Your:"And isn't that what feminists hate about men? ""...again refers to a "hate" that hasn't been shown here. Sure, SOME feminists may hate men, AND some non-feminist women may ALSO hate men.

Your "It has a lot less to do with being taught, and more do do with what is seen and heard"

is wrong.....some men ARE taught by society, by their father's, friends, co-workers and even their mothers that any woman who DARES to disagree with a Male is a bi!ch......that doesn't mean they are. Calling them that is just another way to subjugate them, make them feel inferior....works with some women, NOT all women....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Men never accepted anything women said as truth??????

Feminists don't hate men. Feminists hate women being relegated to secondary status instead of equal status. That's all.
I was quoting someone else - not my opinion.

But you're wrong on your second point - many feminists hate men.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I have no idea what your post has to do with the one of mine above that you quoted...???? Maybe the word "anything" mislead you from the point??? If I put in the word "everything" would that lead you back to the POINT ? Otherwise it looks like you're deliberately missing the point.

Your:"And isn't that what feminists hate about men? ""...again refers to a "hate" that hasn't been shown here. Sure, SOME feminists may hate men, AND some non-feminist women may ALSO hate men.

Your "It has a lot less to do with being taught, and more do do with what is seen and heard"

is wrong.....some men ARE taught by society, by their father's, friends, co-workers and even their mothers that any woman who DARES to disagree with a Male is a bi!ch......that doesn't mean they are. Calling them that is just another way to subjugate them, make them feel inferior....works with some women, NOT all women....
Hit a nerve, did I?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I was quoting someone else - not my opinion.

But you're wrong on your second point - many feminists hate men.
And many do not.
Some people like broccoli, some dont. -shrugs-

Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't like children, I have no desire to get married and I definitely don't think my femininity is tied directly to being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

Some women want to be a housewife and I think that's great... my own Mother was a fantastic SAHM and I'm glad she took that path, but it's simply not for me and I'm glad that I'm not relegated to it due to my 'plumbing'.
I would be ecstatic if we could retire the phrase "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" for eternity.

It's invoked to create a negative image of homemaking and raising children, and it serves no one in a thoughtful discussion.

That you used it kind of belies that you are "glad" your own mother was a SAHM. It also feels insulting to homemakers who might be reading this.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And many do not.
Some people like broccoli, some dont. -shrugs-
Approximately 99.9% of feminists are misandric.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I have asked you before to post proof of this, which of course, you havent, and will not.
Go away.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No, they just hate you!

Just kidding, you set yourself up for that one!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:07 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, when the wimmin folk defend their opinions it's seen as a negative, as being bitchy and 'uppity' if you will. It's funny how the feminists points are being proven without even trying

I'm pretty happy regarding the way feminism panned out, otherwise I'd be a stewardess instead of a pilot
Yeah, and all of the little girls of the future can follow in your footsteps ... .... errr ... I mean ... all of the little girls that would have hypothetically been born could have hypothetically followed in your footsteps.

There is a silver lining to this cloud .... in 30 or so years, the skies will be safe again.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I would be ecstatic if we could retire the phrase "barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" for eternity.

It's invoked to create a negative image of homemaking and raising children, and it serves no one in a thoughtful discussion.

That you used it kind of belies that you are "glad" your own mother was a SAHM. It also feels insulting to homemakers who might be reading this.
I didn't get any negativity from that post at all, merely that is not a path that particualr poster would choose.

I'm a SAHM, and I'm not offended. By the way I am barefoot in the kitchen as we speak (but I'd better not be pregnant, or else someone will be in trouble!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies