Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I look at it this way. I wouldn't say women are less happy, but rather more open about their unhappiness. There are more opportunities for women today than before. Back in the old days, if a woman was unhappy, she basically learned to swallow it. Nowadays, if a woman is unhappy with something, she is more likely to speak up and/or fight back. I add this analogy. I watched a documentary about Romania. A woman put it this way "Under communism, when we were unhappy about waiting in line for bread, we whispered for fear of the authorities finding out. Now, we can shout about our disappoinment".
So now Romania still sucks, but it's filled with shrieking harpies.

I guess that's progress. If you're a Progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 02:21 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So now Romania still sucks, but it's filled with shrieking harpies.

I guess that's progress. If you're a Progressive.
I was making an analogy. There is a difference between being dissapointed and keeping it to yourself and being dissapointed and trying to do something about it, letting it be known. If you are aren't scared to shout about your unhappiness, than I would say that's more progressive than not being able to. At least if you're able to, you can try and make changes, and get other people involved. That was part of what women were fighting for. They were tired of the way they were treated and wanted changed. If women seemed unhappy when they were fighting back, it's because they were unhappy in the first place and didn't say anything before.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
I don't know why I'm surprised - but I am - that there are Americans in this day and age who think men can't be nurturing and that women can't be tough. LOL or that if there's a little role absorption from the other gender, it's going to bring Armageddon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies