Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 12:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
S

I cannot understand, for the life of me, why anyone wants to enter a mind altering state which handicaps their ability to think. Smoking pot is not an activity which is beneficial to our children or society in general and should not be encouraged in any way.

How do you feel about cocaine? meth? heroin?

Smoking pot is very beneficial to our society. Millions of people use it to relax and enjoy life. It's no different than listening to music.

Do you ever relax? Do you ever do something just because it's fun? Have you ever climbed a mountain just to see if you could? Do you enjoy doing anything other than what is needed for life like eating, drinking and sleeping? If not, you lead a very boring life.

Lots of things alter your state of mind. When out fishing, have you ever just reclined back and daydreamed? That is an altered state of mind. Have you ever closed your eyes and just listened to music? That is an altered state of mind.

And the children thing is totally bogus. There are lots of adult activities that are not appropriate for children such as driving, cutting down trees, riding a motorcycle, sex with another person, etc, etc.

You might want to live your life doing nothing but those things that are appropriate for children, but millions of us don't see it that way and would prefer to enjoy life.

But the most important reason that it should be legal is because we don't need government telling us how to live our lives.

Last edited by Roadking2003; 05-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The nations children are more and more trying pot and dropping out of school, getting into trouble and jails.
IMO, death penalty after one time for drug dealers or suppliers.
After on $5000 ticket for minor posession, start to confiscate all assets of users and just make it clear they are F'ing up America and we are sick and tired of having to clean up their mess.

There is no honor, use or good with RECREATIONAL drugs, including pot.
You are in the extreme minority. You must live a very boring life.

Recreational drugs have a wonderful place in the lives of millions of very productive, very educated and very responsible people.

Oh, BTW: I'm on jury duty next week, and I can assure you that if it is a drug possession case, they will be not guilty.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Here's a real problem. Lots of things are f***ing things up here. And there are a lot of different ideas of what those things are. Yes. There is probably consensus on some but clearly no where near all. So we call for a law that defines an activity that as illegal then a series more that punishes those who break the law. If everyone had their way, and had their items made illegal, we would be inundated with legal issues, even more than now (Personally, I'd outlaw soda because it (sugar) is f***ing up the health of the country probably as much as or beyond what pot and alcohol do). We would be in a police state or moving toward one, if we aren't already.

Be careful what you ask for.
Unless they choose to be on an island, the drugs are among the worst things here.
My sister sees in Head Start that 20% of the youngsters coming in have mental problems related to drugs and alcohol consumption of the parents.
Execute the drug dealers and makers that sell recreational drugs.
Take wealth from users.

Need to have a big message saying ENOUGH ALREADY GROW THE F'ING UP!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I cannot understand, for the life of me, why anyone wants to enter a mind altering state which handicaps their ability to think. Smoking pot is not an activity which is beneficial to our children or society in general and should not be encouraged in any way.

How do you feel about cocaine? meth? heroin?

It would have been a huge loss to society if the musicians in the 1970s like Jim Morrison, etc, had not been able to use recreational drugs. I suspect that the wonderful music they made would not have been the same.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Though it goes against my "live and let live" ideals, you might be on to something.
Yeah. Me too. There's alway a snag or two right?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
The nations children are more and more trying pot and dropping out of school, getting into trouble and jails.
IMO, death penalty after one time for drug dealers or suppliers.
After on $5000 ticket for minor posession, start to confiscate all assets of users and just make it clear they are F'ing up America and we are sick and tired of having to clean up their mess.

There is no honor, use or good with RECREATIONAL drugs, including pot.
I see that we have another conservative that supports freedom and small government, LOL. Why is this type of thinking so rampant from the right wing, Tea Party, don't tread on me types?

Do they just not have the capability to recognize the sweet, sweet irony of their postions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Proof?

See I can make up crap also.

"Marijuana cures all disease"

See how that works?
Google Translate

Here a graphic site regarding your drug buddies in action over drugs.
There is a big market in the USA due to Libertarians and stupid other drug users.

Enjoy the related fruits of drug use. You fund this around the world when you use, not counting the destruction to the family around you here.

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Unless they choose to be on an island, the drugs are among the worst things here.
My sister sees in Head Start that 20% of the youngsters coming in have mental problems related to drugs and alcohol consumption of the parents.
Execute the drug dealers and makers that sell recreational drugs.
Take wealth from users.

Need to have a big message saying ENOUGH ALREADY GROW THE F'ING UP!
So you DO want to execute liquor store clerks?!?!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I see that we have another conservative that supports freedom and small government, LOL. Why is this type of thinking so rampant from the right wing, Tea Party, don't tread on me types?

Do they just not have the capability to recognize the sweet, sweet irony of their postions?

All the more reason to vote Libertarian.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post

Hey, if they would only kill themselves, not get others killed, would not cause massive expense, liabilities to the country, taxes, companies, insurance companies and so forth who would care, but they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies