Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Wow. I think the OP was being facetious. Did that just go over a few heads?
No.

But its funny to see how people stretch facts to fit a political dogma/narrative or how the press sensationalizes them to grab eyeballs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I want to play crazy.

Religious paper cuts Clinton from iconic photo – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

The story is about how a ultra-conservative Jewish newspaper photo-chopped Ms. Clinton out of that photograph taken in the situation room while the SEALS were killing bin Laden. It is against their principles to exhibit photographs of women.

Now, I be crazy:

THIS is how all conservatives are! This is a perfect example of how wicked and backward every single conservative who lives, or has ever lived, or will ever live in the future, is. If you say you are 'conservative' on this C-D, then you obviously believe it is ok to distort photographs to reflect your warped, un-American values.

You see, the one represents the whole. This 'conservative' Jewish group represents all conservatives.

Hey, being crazy is rather fun!

Why are you yammering on about something that happens in Orthodox Jewry?

Orthodox Jews are ...(drum roll)... CONSERVATIVE! Oi vey!

I have no idea why you're trying to draw a parallel between a religious conservatism and political conservatives?

It's like comparing apples to Lobster.

Not all political conservatives are religious.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 PM

657 posts, read 697,355 times
sounds like something the taliban would do lol

Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
What exactly makes this photo "iconic"? It's been like 2 weeks. Iconic is a word that should be reserved for things that are 30+ years old or at least things that most people would recognize right away. The moon landing, raising the flag on Iwo Jima, Washington crossing the Deleware... THOSE are iconic images (yes, I realize the redundancy in that phrase). I've seen this situation room photo twice and most people who don't follow the news that much have maybe seen it once. It is hardly 'iconic'.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
I only wish that hillary could be photo-chopped from the annuls of history.

Would anyone notice?

Old 05-09-2011, 04:13 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I believe Clinton was the only woman in that particular photo...
No, there was another woman standing in the background whom they also removed from the photo.

As it was a religious paper, and they were following their religious beliefs in removing women from the photo (they never publish women's pictures in their paper) I have no problem with it.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:17 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times
LOL the jews are such troublemakers!!!
I find this kinda funny. Not as in a "HA HA THEY CUT HILARY/THE WOMEN" but at how goofy some of these people can be.

Ah..Religion.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Blather

YouTube - I Fart In Your General Direction!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Maybe she just slipped her surly bonds.... I haven't seen her on TV for a couple of days now.

OMGz... this is on Faux right now

Old 05-09-2011, 04:45 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
What exactly makes this photo "iconic"? It's been like 2 weeks. Iconic is a word that should be reserved for things that are 30+ years old or at least things that most people would recognize right away. The moon landing, raising the flag on Iwo Jima, Washington crossing the Deleware... THOSE are iconic images (yes, I realize the redundancy in that phrase). I've seen this situation room photo twice and most people who don't follow the news that much have maybe seen it once. It is hardly 'iconic'.
Iconic doesn't have to do with age. It has to do with promanence or import. The photo of Obama and his command staff staring raptly at (whatever they were staring at) during Operation Geronimo is INSTANTLY iconic, and will go down in history.

It perfectly captures the audacity and drama of an historic moment, as it occurred in real time. It is right up there with that photo of Jack and Bobby Kennedy conferring during the Cuban missle crisis. We and our children will be seeing it over and over again the rest of our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies