Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 09:31 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When did right wingers go from being war mongers to peaceniks?
Right about the time when *******s began to approve of unfunded and unprovoked wars while supporting presidents who start them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Lightbulb How is Obama's war in Libya going these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We don't seem to hear much about Obama's war in Libya, why is that? Anyone have any updates on how things are doing there? Everything wrapped up? We done yet?

Latest reports would seem to indicate, "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Right about the time when *******s ....
Your anger is so apparent, this whole thing drives you nuts doesn't it?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Latest reports would seem to indicate, "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"
So you want to go on record and say that Libya was a complete success?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Your anger is so apparent, this whole thing drives you nuts doesn't it?
I'm not angry, I'm just dumbfounded by the number if ignorant *******s who are cheering about a war that we never needed to fight or spend our money on. What happened to the anti-war liberals who wanted peace? What happened to bringing our men home? What happened to being the party of peace? Where did all of that go? Did you guys lock all that anger and frustration away while the black guy lives in the White House?

Why are dead Iraqi women and children a global travesty but dead Libyan women and children justified and no big deal?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:43 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,174 times
Quote:
I'm not angry, I'm just dumbfounded by the number if ignorant *******s who are cheering about a war that we never needed to fight or spend our money on. What happened to the anti-war liberals who wanted peace? What happened to bringing our men home? What happened to being the party of peace? Where did all of that go? Did you guys lock all that anger and frustration away while the black guy lives in the White House?

Why are dead Iraqi women and children a global travesty but dead Libyan women and children justified and no big deal?
One word: Hypocrisy.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:

No sure of the Ignorant *******s you speak of. But I haven't seen any ADULTS in this thread cheering. We never needed to fight Iraq, but we did, we shouldn't have been in Libya, but we are. The ONLY fight we should have been in was Afghanastan, and now that the fight is apparently over, yes our soldiers should come back home. But its the REPUBLICANS who continue to chastise the President whenever he speaks of withdrawal. Now spew your venom at both sides and not just the Democrats.
By the way, I've seen posts of yours that claim that the liberals are full of hate, I would say the same of you considering your history of name calling. Why is it difficult for folks to have an adult civilized conversation without the disrespect and name calling?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No sure of the Ignorant *******s you speak of. But I haven't seen any ADULTS in this thread cheering. We never needed to fight Iraq, but we did, we shouldn't have been in Libya, but we are. The ONLY fight we should have been in was Afghanastan, and now that the fight is apparently over, yes our soldiers should come back home. But its the REPUBLICANS who continue to chastise the President whenever he speaks of withdrawal. Now spew your venom at both sides and not just the Democrats.
By the way, I've seen posts of yours that claim that the liberals are full of hate, I would say the same of you considering your history of name calling. Why is it difficult for folks to have an adult civilized conversation without the disrespect and name calling?
How can I have a civilized conversation when there isn't a civilized, common sense person to talk to on the left? If we shouldn't have been in Libya as you posted above why are you cheering about anything? What kind of screwed up logic is that? I've always spoken out against both sides, I've never once condoned the war in Iraq or anything else that Bush did but give me a damn break if you think anyone should be cheering about our involvement in Libya regardless of the outcome. If Iraq turned around 3 years from now and became a model country it would still be considered a complete failure by the left and they would still rightfully blame Bush for starting that war.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
How can I have a civilized conversation when there isn't a civilized, common sense person to talk to on the left? If we shouldn't have been in Libya as you posted above why are you cheering about anything? What kind of screwed up logic is that? I've always spoken out against both sides, I've never once condoned the war in Iraq or anything else that Bush did but give me a damn break if you think anyone should be cheering about our involvement in Libya regardless of the outcome. If Iraq turned around 3 years from now and became a model country it would still be considered a complete failure by the left and they would still rightfully blame Bush for starting that war.

Maybe you should stop trying to misinterpret what I posted because it doesn't fall within your typical rants. At no time did I cheer about this occupation so that is a straight LIE. Your right there is no civilized conversation with you. Its one thing to disagree but its another to Lie about what was said. I've been consistent with not only Libya but Afghanstan, Iraq and all foreign aid. Charity starts at home, we have our own issues. Our Politicians are too busy re-building and rescuing other nations and we're here drowning at home.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:

When a republican was no longer in the White House. It really IS that simple. We have the proof, via the Left's response to obama's war(s), that tell us all their crying and moaning about Bush's war(s) was just so much political posturing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies