Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Pedophilia is a "normal" occurance, too.

Ignorance at it's best (worst). Flailing, desperate ignorance. But ignorance, nonetheless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Why are libs such drama queens?

Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Really? There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between two consenting adults, and an adult with a (consenting or not) child. Something the average Republican fails to understand...

I'm not a Democrat either. I just have a rational mind.
I don't dispute the difference. I'm just making the point that they're both aberrational.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
Really? There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between two consenting adults, and an adult with a (consenting or not) child. Something the average Republican fails to understand...

I'm not a Democrat either. I just have a rational mind.
The number of individuals who get aroused by "children" exceed the number of gays..

Is Pedophilia a Mental Disorder?
How common is sexual interest or arousal in persons not known to be, or self-labeled as, pedophiles? In a sample of nearly 200 university males, 21%reported some sexual attraction to small children, 9% described sexual fantasies involving children, 5% admitted to having masturbated to sexual fantasies of children, and 7% indicated they might have sex with a child if not caught (Briere & Runtz, 1989). Briere and Runtz remarked that “given the probable social undesirability of such admissions, we may hypothesize that the actual rates were even higher” (p. 71). In another sample with 100 male and 180 female undergraduate students, 22% of males and 3% of females reported sexual attraction to a child (Smiljanich & Briere, 1996).

We deem it illegal because its wrong in the minds of the majority just like many other items in society.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
The ultimate aim of the GOP is to reduce Americas Middle Class to a Third World workforce so that they can exploit the cheap labor here to sell to the emerging markets like China, India and Brazil. Busting the unions and the teachers and destroying the safety net are big steps toward creating an illiterate workforce totally dependent on their Robber Barons. America has been betrayed

Old 05-10-2011, 10:51 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You guys dont get paid to post here like the rest of us?
Hell no but I want in on some of this corporate money if it's being spread around.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:51 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
They said they were the physically conservatives but put us in the greatest debt this country has ever seen by going into a war with Iraq instead of going after bin-Laden.
I'm sorry, did you mean fiscally conservative?

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The ultimate aim of the GOP is to reduce Americas Middle Class to a Third World workforce so that they can exploit the cheap labor here to sell to the emerging markets like China, India and Brazil. Busting the unions and the teachers and destroying the safety net are big steps toward creating an illiterate workforce totally dependent on their Robber Barons. America has been betrayed
backwards

that is the aim of the progressive fascist liberals

they want two classes the rich elite liberals and the poor serfs

Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why are libs such drama queens?

Honestly, as a non-Repub and non-Liberal; I don't see a difference.

Sure, Liberals can be and often are drama queens. But who can possibly out-drama queen the Religious Right?

No one. The Liberals can surely match the drama queen factor of the Religious Right, but they can't out-drama queen the Right.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,388 times
This was the result I expected. Thanks to most of you who proved my point. Your responses are full of ill will and lack compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies