Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be created the independent state of Palestine?
Yes, they deserve to have their own country 82 71.93%
No, this land belongs to Israel 32 28.07%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:12 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Out of the $3 billion sent to Israel and the $2.2 billion sent back to the the US as purchases that create JOBS in the US comes from your federal taxes that you personally paid? Why don't you call these Americans and tell some of them to go on unemployment because you feel they shouldnt have JOBS paid for YOUR MONEY.

If you want to really complain about something, how about the Republican congress approved $159 billion in funds to support initiatives in Afghanistan and Pakistan (yes Pakistan not Iraq). Thats 53 years of Israel budgets given away in 1.
I'm on some 20+ discussion forums across the web, and i'm seeing this same thread, with similar language from the jew-haters, across all of them.

They focus on the funding to israel, but as soon as you mention the far larger funding given to pakistan, egypt, afghanistan, iraq, jordan, etc., they vanish for a few pages of the thread, wait for a change in topic, and then jump right back in. Organized internet astroturfing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How the heck is that racist?? What does your warped mind define racism as??? Do you generally look for the dreaded I-word?? LMAO
The other poster called US politicians "zionist" simply because they support israel.

Funny how we don't see them called limeys for defending the special relationship with britain, or muslim lackeys for giving trillions in aid to iraq, pakistan, etc. Then the ignorant "poster" (paid for apologist, likely) claimed that all aid given to israel is not well spent, a statement that is demonstrably false.

Did he or you ever complain about the trillion dollars spent on iraq, pakistan or other muslim nations?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,044 times
A more appropriate question would be should Israel remain a country, since all of that territory is Palestinian.

I support the Palestinians in whatever stance they take. Whether they want to agree to a fair two state solution, or fight until Israel ceases to exist, they have my blessing. It's their choice to decide what they wish to do with their land, so I will respect whatever choice they take.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Watch interviews with settlers and orthodox Israelis and you will learn that the real reason for the existence of Israel is that they think god gave them the land and prefers Jews over all other people. Crap which in turn is mostly based on their pseudo-holy propaganda fairy tale book... If anyone is racist about this, it is conservative Israelis. Luckily younger ones increasingly challenge their own history and politicians
The state was not created by those orthodox people you mentioned, so their rationalization is moot. The founders were mostly secular.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
if we sent 3 billion and got 2.2 billion back, what have we gained?
Think of it as cheaper, better manufacturing - like china. We could build something here, but it will cost $25, or we could do so in china, where it will be built exactly as well or better - for $6. Which do you prefer as a taxpayer?

Israel spent some $100 million on the Iron Dome defense system, and solved a number of technical issues the US was having problems with. This would have cost many times more if it was developed in-house due to much higher labor costs/regulations here in the US. Israel is in the process of sharing the tech with the US.

Now tell me whether or not this is a good deal for the US taxpayer.

It is easy for the jew-hating filth for scream "no aid to israel!" and it sounds cool, something the idiots and internet teens would jump on, but when context is provided, the adults and more rational individuals begin to realize the issue is more complex - and works to the US' advantage overall.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
The state was not created by those orthodox people you mentioned, so their rationalization is moot. The founders were mostly secular.

What?
Are you implying that there is more to know about the situation that what has transpired in the last ten years?

Say it isn't so!
That might require that I actually read a book or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
All the more ironic. If you're a religious Jew and truly are convinced that land is yours, then I can see why you're so hellbent over keeping that land in Zionist hands. But if you're an Atheist who happens to come from a Jewish background, what is your justification for occupying Arab land if you don't believe you have a religious right to it? I don't know which is worse - the racist, right-wing Orthodox Jews in Israel who believe the only good Arab is a dead Arab, or the left-wing "Jews" who don't believe in Judaism and thus occupy land that they know for a fact was never their's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
A more appropriate question would be should Israel remain a country, since all of that territory is Palestinian.

I support the Palestinians in whatever stance they take. Whether they want to agree to a fair two state solution, or fight until Israel ceases to exist, they have my blessing. It's their choice to decide what they wish to do with their land, so I will respect whatever choice they take.
Please explain to us how it was/is "their" land.

(On a side note, it is really embarrassing that so many of the less intelligent, less knowledgeable posters claim NYC as a residence, apparently proof that Bloomberg taking the school system here hasn't worked out too well).

Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
All the more ironic. If you're a religious Jew and truly are convinced that land is yours, then I can see why you're so hellbent over keeping that land in Zionist hands. But if you're an Atheist who happens to come from a Jewish background, what is your justification for occupying Arab land if you don't believe you have a religious right to it? I don't know which is worse - the racist, right-wing Orthodox Jews in Israel who believe the only good Arab is a dead Arab, or the left-wing "Jews" who don't believe in Judaism and thus occupy land that they know for a fact was never their's.
First off, israel's existence and defensibility can be described on legal and political grounds alone.

Second, i ask again, where is it written in the earth's rockface that that area is "arab land"? Are arabs born with a map of it on their rear end?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Please explain to us how it was/is "their" land.

(On a side note, it is really embarrassing that so many of the less intelligent, less knowledgeable posters claim NYC as a residence, apparently proof that Bloomberg taking the school system here hasn't worked out too well).
The Palestinians are native to the land. The Israelis are actually Eastern Europeans and Ethiopians. They do not belong in the region. Look it up.

I was educated in private school, FILLED with Jews who tended to be pro-Israel, and I came out as anti-Israel as can be. You would think that with a city run by a big Zionist like Bloomberg, and a school filled with Zionists, I would come out one too but I saw the light. Managed to convince a few Jewish friends how disgusting Israel is, the others are lost causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies