Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't give a damn about how many blacks are on the Harvard campus. Furthermore, this whole black/education/trying to be white/ nonsense is just that...NONSENSE!

Look..think what you want. I don't give a damn either way. You're off the mark, but you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. Education in the black community is a black issue, and it's something that WE have to deal with ourselves. So there is no sense in discussing this with non-blacks anyway.

Anyway...as you were.
Then why do you expect/demand white tax payers to cover the cost? Just when will the black community step up and deal with it because it sure as hell isn't happening now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why? Can you not control yourself? Don't you realize that "coming unglued" plays perfectly into the stereotype of "apes and chimps"?
Again, just because there exists a negative stereotype doesn't make me a dartboard. So please, take that passive nonsense somewhere else.

Call me an ape or chimp and i'm going to lose it. That's all there is to it....stereotype be damned. You're cracking me up with this wierd expectation that i should play Stepin Fetchit and tapdance, head scratch, shuffle my feet, bug my eyes, and shine your shoes.

It's 2011....geez.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Speech is only free for the "protected class".

Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Again, just because there exists a negative stereotype doesn't make me a dartboard. So please, take that passive nonsense somewhere else.

Call me an ape or chimp and i'm going to lose it. That's all there is to it....stereotype be damned. You're cracking me up with this wierd expectation that i should play Stepin Fetchit and tapdance, head scratch, shuffle my feet, bug my eyes, and shine your shoes.

It's 2011....geez.
You're cracking up for sure, at least we agree on something. Since when is expecting a person to have some class and not attack someone physically because of a comment = asking you to shine my shoes? One day you'll lose the crutch of racism and you'll be a lot better person.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Presuming you have language skills and any sort of wit, you can respond to speech with speech.

If you act like an animal and physically assault someone on the basis of a comment, you will go to jail, where you can learn just how NOT TOUGH you are compared to some of the bubbas that are in those places. They might not take kindly to a black man who got an education cause he's trying to be white, know what I'm sayin'?

No i do not know what your saying. I have many wonderful highly educated black men as my friends. They aren't being antyhing but what they are, educated black men, and they in no way are trying to be white!

3 own their own business and 2 work in a place with high executives, one is in the entertainment industry.

I don't see that because a black man is highly educated, people seem him as White, bologna, today there are many educated black men that seek a very good education, and they are doing it because they are black.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
I don't give a damn about how many blacks are on the Harvard campus. Furthermore, this whole black/education/trying to be white/ nonsense is just that...NONSENSE!

Look..think what you want. I don't give a damn either way. You're off the mark, but you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. Education in the black community is a black issue, and it's something that WE have to deal with ourselves. So there is no sense in discussing this with non-blacks anyway.

Anyway...as you were.
And blacks are dealing with it. The guy I mentioned earlier who is coming up with programs is black. So are many of the people on his team. I was one of the few white people who just happened to be proofreading the paper he wrote outlining the program.

"It's a black issue so it's something blacks have to deal with." Does this mean white people must be absolutely barred from being hired for black causes? What constitutes a black cause? What if there is an issue within a black community, but that issue exists in other communities too? Black cause or general cause? How about any causes that are general causes but happen to include black people? Can mixed people be part of programs concerning black people? Or are they on the outside?

The idea that only black people can work for black causes is ridiculous. Anyone can work for a cause they believe in. There's no need to have this whole "those black people and their black causes" and "those white people and their white causes" mentality. "Those black people" are my family and my friends, so issues that concern them concern me.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Then why do you expect/demand white tax payers to cover the cost? Just when will the black community step up and deal with it because it sure as hell isn't happening now.
Uh..i pay taxes. How many white kids have i subsidized with grants? How many white farmers, ranchers, oil companies, and every other white person who has ever received a subsidy on my dime.... feel bad about it?

Answer: NONE.

Please. Don't even try it. No one owes you a damn dime.

Tell you what...and i'm being real here. No B.S....figure out how much of your tax money ever went into my pocket and i'll be glad to mail it to you.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You're cracking up for sure, at least we agree on something. Since when is expecting a person to have some class and not attack someone physically because of a comment = asking you to shine my shoes? One day you'll lose the crutch of racism and you'll be a lot better person.
Crutch? Here we go with the self flattery again. As if you're doing any better than i am.

Please. Find a post where i've complained about my life. NOBODY discriminates against me. You must have me confused with someone else. I live well. I'm happy. Have a beautiful wife and son. Decent gig, a few nickels in the bag, and a good outlook.

Just because i don't take sh*t off of people doesn't make me reliant on a crutch. That's likely YOUR situation, but it's damn sure not mine.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Uh..i pay taxes. How many white kids have i subsidized with grants? How many white farmers, ranchers, oil companies, and every other white person who has ever received a subsidy on my dime.... feel bad about it?

Answer: NONE.

Please. Don't even try it. No one owes you a damn dime.

Tell you what...and i'm being real here. No B.S....figure out how much of your tax money ever went into my pocket and i'll be glad to mail it to you.
Based on simple population numbers it's easy to figure out that white tax payers subsidize education for blacks, there's nothing wrong with that at all but don't try to say that black education is none of white people's business because the black population hasn't been doing a very good job of handling their business for decades now and when those uneducated children end up on the streets they aren't just robbing and killing black people therefore it is our business.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Crutch? Here we go with the self flattery again. As if you're doing any better than i am.

Please. Find a post where i've complained about my life. NOBODY discriminates against me. You must have me confused with someone else. I live well. I'm happy. Have a beautiful wife and son. Decent gig, a few nickels in the bag, and a good outlook.

Just because i don't take sh*t off of people doesn't make me reliant on a crutch. That's likely YOUR situation, but it's damn sure not mine.
You're right, I'm reliant on the crutch of racism against black people. You're just brilliant tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies