Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,838,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Whoah, you think Black people complain more than anyone else about their oppressive history. You should spend about 5 seconds in the Deaf community lol. Obviously it's not all Deaf people or Black people, but complaining is HARDLY restricted to the Black community. You should hear some Deaf people's reactions to the term "hearing impaired". I know some Deaf people that will subject you to a half-hour lecture about how they're neither hearing nor impaired and how the deaf have been oppressed if you call them hearing impaired.
LOL...Just say you can't hear them.....that should REALLY pee them off....

And no,black people are pretty whiny in this country,but they have been taught to whine and complain about how bad they have it for decades now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My answers in red. The color of your blood. J/K
I can use any word any way I want,if black people are too thin skinned and girly to stand that,well tough poopoo....

And if a black person resorts to violence because their widdle feelings were hurt,it just illustrates lack of control on their part....and most likely won't end up well for them either.

See,the thing is,black people aren't a special class to me,to be made to feel good and to wear kid gloves around.

Grow up and try and be adults,it isn't THAT difficult.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I don't think that was his point, I think it was that if it's that offensive, then maybe black people shouldn't be referring to each other that way. Kinda make them hypocrites.

For some reason,black people think there should be special circumstances around what words can be used by them and by others...

Old 05-15-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
You might be right. MIGHT be right. But in any case, what does that have to do with you?

Besides, we can refer to ourselves any way we want to. We don't tell other groups what they can call themselves.
And you can't tell other groups what you can be called....

Freedom baby,it's a biotch sometimes....

Old 05-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Unfortunately, political correctness reinforces the "rights" of minorities to use racist and discriminatory speech while denying the same rights to others. While this is wholely political, there is nothing correct about it and is racist and discriminatory in itself.

The government and the schools, through pc and affirmative action, are creating new generations of people so thin skinned that our freedoms are eroding. The "there are no losers" mentality being promoted is destructive and no preparation for the real world. Our young people are losing the desire and ability to thrive in a competitive society and the country is suffering because of it.

PC, while masquerading as being for "fairness and equality" is nothing of the sort. It's become a weapon and an excuse to hurl false accusations against opponents. If we took away the unfounded fear of being "labeled" PC would be meaningless. Donald Trump's actions are a perfect example - he says what he means without fear and so far as I can see, hasn't been labeled racist or otherwise. In this we could learn from him.
Great post...

Old 05-15-2011, 04:10 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And you can't tell other groups what you can be called....

Freedom baby,it's a biotch sometimes....
We already have. LOL...don't act like you don't know.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:11 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I can use any word any way I want,if black people are too thin skinned and girly to stand that,well tough poopoo....

And if a black person resorts to violence because their widdle feelings were hurt,it just illustrates lack of control on their part....and most likely won't end up well for them either.

See,the thing is,black people aren't a special class to me,to be made to feel good and to wear kid gloves around.

Grow up and try and be adults,it isn't THAT difficult.
Another post where you're acting like you don't know when clearly you do. You don't want drama. Stop with the posing.

You say black, African American, or some variation of those. I know that's what you say, and you know it too.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:19 PM

37,068 posts, read 19,043,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You Can’t Say That: The Well-Intentioned Censorship of Poltical Correctness | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Political correctness is an approved form of censorship. Based on emotional appeals at the expense of reason, political correctness mandates that inconvenient truths or facts be swept under the carpet. Or else.
Free speech, guaranteed to all Americans under the first amendment, is on it’s way to becoming moot. The political, media and intellectual elites who control the terms of national debate and the rules of civil society have succeeded in censoring opposing views, limiting debate and demonizing dissent. Perception is on its way to becoming our new reality.

Note, this is a Right leaning article. Just to clear that up before someone says it's slanted. The author has valid points though, if you keep an open mind.
You are free to say anything you wish. You are also free to accept the consequences of your actions.

Freedom and responsibility necessarily go hand in hand. It is people who want no responsibility who cause the problems.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Another post where you're acting like you don't know when clearly you do. You don't want drama. Stop with the posing.

You say black, African American, or some variation of those. I know that's what you say, and you know it too.
I have never used the phrase African American in real life....it is a stupid phrase to make black people feel better somehow.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are free to say anything you wish. You are also free to accept the consequences of your actions.

Freedom and responsibility necessarily go hand in hand. It is people who want no responsibility who cause the problems.
What consequences?
Some people getting sand in their mangina?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies