Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSTHEJ View Post
Iginla and Suban are tremendous players though

Subban is a tremendous hack and one of the poorest sports in the league. He acts like he got hit by an ax any time another player so much as bumps him in his lame attempts to draw penalties.

I dont mind Iginla except for his excessive blubbering in the finals against Tampa.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Recently, while watching a sports championship game on television, I became quite disturbed when the (white) announcer began rambling, on and on about how the (black) players on the floor were "Alpha males", superior, etc., The dude just kept going on and on and I couldn't believe the announcer made such a comment.

Afterwards, I began to ponder how black Africans slaves were brought to the Western world as slaves due of their brut strength, endurance, immunity to diseases etc.

Today, the black male dominates in many sports, such as track and field, football, and basketball. In body building, black body builders have held Mr. Universe/Mr America titles for a number of consecutive years. In boxing, black males such as Jack Johnson, Joe Lewis, Muhammad Ali, Tyson, etc., have dominated the sport.

In Rome, Italy there is a Statue of David, which supposedly represents the perfect male physique. Similarly, is it possible God created the black male as personification of perfected male masculinity?

In refutation of the thesis question "Is the black male the epitome of masculinity" I present the following:

YouTube - Samwell - "What What (In the Butt)"

The defense rests.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:23 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Recently, while watching a sports championship game on television, I became quite disturbed when the (white) announcer began rambling, on and on about how the (black) players on the floor were "Alpha males", superior, etc., The dude just kept going on and on and I couldn't believe the announcer made such a comment.

Afterwards, I began to ponder how black Africans slaves were brought to the Western world as slaves due of their brut strength, endurance, immunity to diseases etc.

Today, the black male dominates in many sports, such as track and field, football, and basketball. In body building, black body builders have held Mr. Universe/Mr America titles for a number of consecutive years. In boxing, black males such as Jack Johnson, Joe Lewis, Muhammad Ali, Tyson, etc., have dominated the sport.

In Rome, Italy there is a Statue of David, which supposedly represents the perfect male physique. Similarly, is it possible God created the black male as personification of perfected male masculinity?

If a white guy made these comments and replaced Black male with White Male; there would be a literal sh*t storm of screaming maniacs with accusations of ignorant racism.

But since it's Black Males, the Politically Correct cowards will cower in the corner and not utter a peep; except to agree with you.

No doubt, this absolutely racist by nature.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:34 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
I'm thinking there are a lot of characteristics that go into being an "alpha" male. Success by some in some professional sports could only be a small part of that.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSTHEJ View Post
Iginla and Suban are tremendous players though
Have you caught the play of Joel Ward of the Nashville Predators? He scored two goals in the fifth game of their playoff series with the Canucks and he was their leading goal scorer in the playoffs.

He looks like an up and coming player.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:

Your problem is you assign brute strength as the sole determinant of masculinity. Look at the NFL. Certainly the players, who are overwhelmingly Black, are physical specimens. However do they control their own destiny?

The owners, all white, have basically shut them out. In my opinion power trumps brute strength in that power can harness the strength Whereas strength can be limited by power.

Also African slaves were not brought over simply because of their strength. It had a lot to do with the agriculture techniques the Africans used. Studies are finding that colonists (slavers) directed certain tribes to certain areas based on their perceived skilled set. For example slaves from the Senegambia area were prized in the Sea Islands because they had prior experience growing indigo. In fact it is posited they introduced the crop to the region.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The NHL has maybe three black players??

Hockey is clearly a white man's game.
The regions where Hockey is played i.e. the Northern Midwest of the United States and Cananda usually don't have a lot of Black people period. However the the number of Black hockey players from both Canada and the United States is rising. The trend is for more Black players in the NHL. Also more young Black kids are getting involved in hockey. In fact the NHL has now adopted the phrase "Hockey Is For Everyone" to broaden the appeal of the sport.

http://michigancitizen.com/clients/michigancitizen/2-27-2011-12-39-37-PM-10094658.hockey..gif (broken link)

Hockey in the Hood a continued growing success (http://michigancitizen.com/hockey-in-the-hood-a-continued-growing-success-p9552-83.htm - broken link)

Quote:
DETROIT — For the seventh straight year, team participation and interest in the annual Detroit event Hockey in the Hood, put on by the Detroit Hockey Association, continued to draw teams not only from the metro Detroit area, but across the country.

This year’s event took place Feb. 18-20 at the Jack Adams Arena on Detroit’s west side. Additional games were held outdoors at Clark Park Ice Arena in Southwest Detroit.

Team participation this year was a lot bigger than anticipated. Eight of nine scheduled teams showed up: Detroit Dragons (Detroit Hockey Association), Clark Park Association of Southwest Detroit, Fort DuPont Hockey Club (Washington, DC), Columbus Ice Hockey Club (Ohio), Farmington (Mich.) Renegades, Royal Oak Jets, Minnesota Dinomites from Minneapolis, Minn. and the Wasilla Wild from Wasilla, Alaska. The Additional participating teams were the Plymouth (Mich.) Killer Sharks, St. Clair Shores Hockey Club, Allen Park Huskies, Kensington Valley Destroyers and the Novi Panthers. The teams competed in various classes of competition: Midget, Bantam, Pee Wee, Squirt, and Mite. Girls participated in the smaller divisions.
One of the more well known Black youth hockey clubs is the Fort Dupont Cannons of Washington D.C.

Fort Dupont Ice Hockey Program (http://www.eteamz.com/fdihc/ - broken link)

Quote:
Fort Dupont Ice Hockey Club, founded in 1978 by Neal Henderson, is a developmental program that provides local and inner-city youth with the opportunity to participate in an organized ice hockey program. Skaters have a wide range of experience in skating and playing the game along with ages ranging from 8 - 17. Our goal is to provide educational purpose and teach young people discipline, via sports activities, to establish self-esteem, a sense of purpose, and to offer an incentive to excel academically. The Fort Dupont Ice Hockey Club was champion of the Junior Varsity Tier III Division in the 1995 Purple Puck. We placed third in the 2nd Annual Gonzaga Greater Glory Tournament in 1999, placed first in the 8th Annual Purple Puck, American Division in 2000, placed first in the Purple Puck, American Division in 2003, placed third in the Purple Puck in 2004 and placed first in the 13th Annual Gonzaga National Capital Hockey Tournament (The Purple Puck) in 2005. Fort Dupont Ice Hockey Club is one of only twenty-four programs throughout the United States and Canada privileged to be a member of the National Hockey League's (NHL) Diversity Program and the oldest minority program in the United States.
Also about 90% to 95% of kids that participate in the Fort Du Pont hockey program go on college. One of the kids on the program, Ralph Featherstone, went on to attend the United States Naval Academy and started playing on their hockey team in his sophomore year. He was elected team captain in his senior year.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:58 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
If a white guy made these comments and replaced Black male with White Male; there would be a literal sh*t storm of screaming maniacs with accusations of ignorant racism.

But since it's Black Males, the Politically Correct cowards will cower in the corner and not utter a peep; except to agree with you.

No doubt, this absolutely racist by nature.
The thread would be shut down, period.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Screams from who?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:

Why just why? We also have a lot of issues so why concentrate on this? Didnt hitler say this same stuff about aryans. Come on man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies