Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 12:05 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times

Advertisements

Machismo, maybe. Masculinity, hardly. Masculinity involves sacrifices like committing to one woman and being a father to your kids.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:14 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Machismo, maybe. Masculinity, hardly. Masculinity involves sacrifices like committing to one woman and being a father to your kids.
Are you suggesting any particular group of men have a monopoly on the traits you describe or is this another stereotypical jab??

Old 05-14-2011, 08:17 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
As one commenter stated so eloquently in a not-so-distant thread, white men were the founders of the deadbeat father in the American black household.

Deadbeat fathers come in all shapes and sizes...or are you suggesting that only black men cheat and are deadbeat fathers? Surely, you'll post those impressive stats of the absence of ANY single mothers in non-black communities. Can't wait to see them!!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
In refutation of the thesis question "Is the black male the epitome of masculinity" I present the following:

YouTube - Samwell - "What What (In the Butt)"

The defense rests.
Now that's funny

Old 05-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Black men will have a significant presence in ANY sport they play, why does anyone believe that baseball was segregated for so long.

White owners and scouts went to view the black leagues and saw players far more talented than the players on their own teams. They knew not to let those negro players into the majors because they would dominate it.

If tennis was more popular in the urban areas the Venus sisters would not be such a novelty, nor would any black hockey players, swimmers, skiers, etc.

The only reason for the absence of blacks in any sport is simply because we are not exposed to it, NOT because we are incapable of performing it.

People keep talking about sports where we are absent, trust me that's changing.

What I'm pleasantly seeing more of is black children in ACADEMIC competitions, debate, math , science, etc.

Remember so many people claim we can't do those things either. I'd like the day when a thread is posted asking, is the Black Male the epitome of Human Intelligence !!

Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

What I'm pleasantly seeing more of is black children in ACADEMIC competitions, debate, math , science, etc.
!
I love seeing that as well and the normal kids at that. Not the ones who are labeled as "nerds" and "dorks" and are usually (at least when I was in high school) lacking in social skills but just very well rounded kids.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM

950 posts, read 1,514,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Black men will have a significant presence in ANY sport they play, why does anyone believe that baseball was segregated for so long.

White owners and scouts went to view the black leagues and saw players far more talented than the players on their own teams. They knew not to let those negro players into the majors because they would dominate it.

If tennis was more popular in the urban areas the Venus sisters would not be such a novelty, nor would any black hockey players, swimmers, skiers, etc.

The only reason for the absence of blacks in any sport is simply because we are not exposed to it, NOT because we are incapable of performing it.

People keep talking about sports where we are absent, trust me that's changing.

Remember so many people claim we can't do those things either. I'd like the day when a thread is posted asking, is the Black Male the epitome of Human Intelligence !!
Since every majority Black country on the planet is 3rd world and every majority Black city in America has a very high murder and crime rate, the question "Is The Black Male The Epitome Of Human Intelligence" will never be asked in a serious matter.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
charles manson
the DC snipers
scott peterson
OJ simpson

there are pieces of **** both white and black, and everything in between. This is stupid.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:49 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
charles manson
the DC snipers
scott peterson
OJ simpson

there are pieces of **** both white and black, and everything in between. This is stupid.
I know this, and there are many people who do know this. Unfortunately, if said criminal is African-American, it will stick to all African-Americans. If it's a White criminal, it won't stick to White people.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Since every majority Black country on the planet is 3rd world and every majority Black city in America has a very high murder and crime rate, the question "Is The Black Male The Epitome Of Human Intelligence" will never be asked in a serious matter.
Only idiot's would never consider it.

Idiots didn't think black people could ever read or write.

Idiots thought and think black people could never be scientists, doctors, nurses, professors, inventors, attorneys, etc.

Idiots thought black people were not intelligent enough to be quarterbacks, head coaches or general managers.

Idiots thought blacks were cursed by God and slavery was their God ordained station in life and they would be happy with a benign white master.

Idiots thought we would always remain in the back of the bus, and that we lacked the resolve and fortitude to overturn this nation's de facto apartheid.

So don't be surprised when the idiots see what equal opportunities at a decent public education will produce in the upcoming decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies