Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,559,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There have been many, in Germany, England and Italy, as well as other places. Most have come from South Korea, but also Japan. The first was Bum Keun Cha in the German Bundesliga in the 70s and 80s.

Jee Sun Park plays an integral role for Manchester United, I believe asia is underscouted.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,627,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
African people are more fit in general than other races are. It has nothing to do with "engineering" of slaves, that is just a myth that refuses to die. Most historical accounts show that the Master didn't care who mated with who as far as his slaves were considered. Most slave women had 10+ kids, often times each child had a different father according to accounts from the 1800's. For genetic engineering a population...Thats exactly how not to do it.

Africans are more fit because they have less body fat compared to Europeans and Asians. That is just a fact. Fat is just not needed in Africa much compared to Asia and Europe, those regions are cold and Africa in most places is Tropical.

As far as Sports go, Black people dominate them in Europe to. Look at the French football team, its dominated by Black people...And the black people on that team are not descendants of slaves, they immigrated to France straight from Africa by their own free will.

"French" Soccer team- [#23 and #19 are Ethnic French, rest are African/North African or mixed].

If Black people were "engineered"...Then only black people descended from slaves would be dominating sports. Of course European teams like France's football team which is dominated by Africans...Proves that notion wrong.

Does that mean Black men are the "best" ? No. They dominate sports but they dont dominate Academics at all, thats not to say they cant. But right now the top Scientists and Engineers in the world are Asian and White people...And pound for pound a Scientist is worth far more to the world than a sports player is. A Scientist might cure Aids in the future, a Engineer might lead to us setting a human colony up on Mars in the future. A football player will...bounce a ball a few feet. Big deal.

Now that I can see the photo......Dhorasoo, the French #8, was ethnic Indian from Reunion. Only one of the players om this team (Makelele) was from Africa.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,123,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Recently, while watching a sports championship game on television, I became quite disturbed when the (white) announcer began rambling, on and on about how the (black) players on the floor were "Alpha males", superior, etc., The dude just kept going on and on and I couldn't believe the announcer made such a comment.

Afterwards, I began to ponder how black Africans slaves were brought to the Western world as slaves due of their brut strength, endurance, immunity to diseases etc.

Today, the black male dominates in many sports, such as track and field, football, and basketball. In body building, black body builders have held Mr. Universe/Mr America titles for a number of consecutive years. In boxing, black males such as Jack Johnson, Joe Lewis, Muhammad Ali, Tyson, etc., have dominated the sport.

In Rome, Italy there is a Statue of David, which supposedly represents the perfect male physique. Similarly, is it possible God created the black male as personification of perfected male masculinity?
First of all, body building is all about the perfection of definition and symmetry, and the only factor to dark skin is that the oiled skin more easily reflects the light, which shows off the muscle definition. This is why body builders always try and maintain a nice sun tan.

If the epitome of femininity, to some people, is a shapely blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman, then the opposite would be a statuesque dark skinned male.

Secondly, as to the prowess of many black athletes in some of the popular sporting events, you also need to factor in the two types of muscle tissues, fast twitch and slow twitch. The man with a greater percentage of fast twitch muscles will excel at running, jumping etc..., while a person with more slow twitch will excel at brute strength competitions.

Watching some behemoth from Norway lift a 600 pound tractor tire is not as exciting as watching a fast paced game of basketball or football.

Here is a PDF that attempts to address this. Some Bio-Medical Mechanisms in Athletic Prowess

I'm not endorsing the content of the link, because I'm not schooled enough in biological science to do so. I'm just adding food for thought.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,559,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Now that I can see the photo......Dhorasoo, the French #8, was ethnic Indian from Reunion. Only one of the players om this team (Makelele) was from Africa.

Patrick Viera was from Senegal, Thierry Henry's father was from Martaeique in the carribean, he actually could've played for them, btw Martenique is actually a french overseas territory, it's part of the European Union and the island is on the Euro.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Jarome Iginla
Yes, I forgot about Jarome Iginla. Thanks for correcting me.

Okay, so there you have it. Two Black semi-dominate hockey player, in the history.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 AM

956 posts, read 1,113,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Yes, I forgot about Jarome Iginla. Thanks for correcting me.

Okay, so there you have it. Two Black semi-dominate hockey player, in the history.
There is nothing wrong with that, as winter-related activities don't come naturally to the African Diaspora. However, I'm curious as to why there are no East Asian NHL players. I figured since they excel at skating, snowboarding, etc, that there would be more represented in hockey leagues around the world? Or is it more of a cultural thing with hockey having a marginalized role in that part of the world?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,627,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Patrick Viera was from Senegal, Thierry Henry's father was from Martaeique in the carribean, he actually could've played for them, btw Martenique is actually a french overseas territory, it's part of the European Union and the island is on the Euro.
It would have made no sense for Henry to play for Martinique, as its teams do play in FIFA international tournaments, but have never even gotten close to World Cup play. Vieira is Senegalese, yes, but he is not in that picture. He, too, never considered playing for Senegal.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:40 AM

24,835 posts, read 37,320,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
In other words, "hockey is big where I live and they don't have many black folk involved, so therefore I can dismiss the growing numbers of black players nationwide"

What were you saying about drivel???...
Take a look at the Red Wings...(GO Wings!!!)

Then look at the population of Detroit.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
There is nothing wrong with that, as winter-related activities don't come naturally to the African Diaspora. However, I'm curious as to why there are no East Asian NHL players. I figured since they excel at skating, snowboarding, etc, that there would be more represented in hockey leagues around the world? Or is it more of a cultural thing with hockey having a marginalized role in that part of the world?

I never said there's anything wrong with it. My responses are a direct response to this thread's original subject matter, started by the OP.

The topic is a bit controversial and borders on racist stereotypes. Like I said earlier, substitute the topic's Black Athletes with White Athletes and this thread would have been flooded with literally dozens of accusations of racism and White Supremacy.

People would have been calling the OP a Skin-Hean White Supremecist and the Mods would have shut the thread down. And we all know this is the treuth, because we've seen it happen a gazillion times, here at Citi-Data.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,170,507 times
Basically what people need to understand is that there are differences in distribution of traits across different population groups. So while it's true that there is a wide variety of physical types in every racial group, some groups have higher percentages of physical types than other groups. It's not really a strange or shocking fact, but many act as if it's something that can't be mentioned in polite society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.