Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 08:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
It's kind of stupid anyone has the impression they are racially pure because if you give anyone a DNA test it will show they are just as mixed as the next person. I have a few friends that got DNA tests and although they all look peachy white, they had ancestry from Africa, India, and Asia--and this is only going back 500 years.

Racial purity is a myth.
Yes there are people who are very fair skinned who have one grandparent that is of a darker skinned people.

I know of blond blue-eyed grandchildren of a Native American or Black. All it takes is 3 blond blue-eyed other grandparents. And the way genetics work two real blonds no matter what their one grandparent was will produce blonds, same with blue eyes - but of course hair and eye color isn't the only physical attribute of race.

Racial purity isn't a good thing because it brings out genetic diseases, it really means inbreeding (not incest) but to stay "pure" you'd have to marry at least distant relatives generation after generation, there's something to be said about hybrid vigor.

Also the "diluting of the species" is a silly notion because racial differences do not make for different species. And anyhow people have been mixing whenever they are closely associated with one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the other spectrum, plenty of black men complain that black women have "attitude problems" and that they won't date them because of this. White women are more permissive and let them get away with more things without ******ing to them and they are just easier to get along with. I personally feel this is a horrible stereotype put upon black women for many years, but it is very pervasive and not just in the black community but I feel in America as a whole. Black women are usually seen as welfare mothers, sexually permissive, extreme breeders of illegitimate children, living off the government, ******y, attitude prone, loud, and obnoxious. This is perpetuated quite often in the media (think the Celebrity Apprentice shows that are playing right now and the "fued" between Star Jones and Nene Leaks, the loud, obnoxious black woman). Many professional black women feel there is not too many ways to combat this perception of black women. Many also know that they will never achieve the standard of beauty that is based on the blonde European woman and when black men spout these types of stereotypes and exclusively date white women due to these perceptions, then many are hurt because of it.
Maybe it's more than the "standard of beauty", you should try one of those White men-Asian women threads sometime.

It's probably a mixture of things but when it's about white men attracted to Asian women, there is that "yellow-fever" some white men might actually have, but also the perception that Asian women are more feminine, not as brassy, not as loud and obnoxious. There's the stereotype that Asian women are meek happy servants - and very often they are exactly not that but the stereotype remains.

Of course in that case, it's more likely white women who promote the stereotype.

At least if it's behavioral differences, if the women really wanted these men, then they could compete with the behaviors of their "competitors".

As far as the media goes, it's true that there is a kind of trophy woman - slender, blond, young, beautiful. Fat women aren't seen as beautiful, short-squatty women aren't seen as beautiful, old women aren't seen as beautiful. But then if a movie was made with the female romantic lead as short, fat, dumpy (any race) how many people including women would pay for movie tickets.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
I love that Essence is getting such notice from people who are not in their target audience. All that have to do is to do is say something about Obama and the people who dislike him will flock to it. Gold star for Essence.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:49 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Urban Dictionary: dancing monkey

ATTENTION:

THE MAN IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO IS NOT BLACK:

YouTube - Steve Ballmer - Dance Monkey Boy!

Funny...I never saw him file a "racism" complaint even though this viral video is well known as the "Monkey Boy Steve" video.
Of course he wouldn't file a racism complaint.

I'm guessing you don't seem to get that blacks were called monkeys as an intentional insult for a reason..... it's because of our features.

- Darker skin
- larger noses and lips
- the fact that our ancestory traces back to Africa.

When blacks were called monkeys, they were seen as less human. And it STILL happens today.

Now, if you still don't get that, then I'm done. Apparently, you know black people more than I do.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Of course he wouldn't file a racism complaint.

I'm guessing you don't seem to get that blacks were called monkeys as an intentional insult for a reason..... it's because of our features.

- Darker skin
- larger noses and lips

When blacks were called monkeys, they were seen as less human. And it STILL happens today.

Now, if you still don't get that, then I'm done. Apparently, you know black people more than I do.
So some redneck somewhere in Alabama in the 1930s called a black person a monkey and now whenever the word "monkey" is used in ANY context and directed in the general vicinity of a black person its automatically racist?

Oh, brother!

Its 2011 for goodness sake.

Grow a thicker skin and stop being such a whiny victim. (Not you personally but for SOME blacks who are easily offended).

Old 05-14-2011, 02:26 PM

950 posts, read 1,514,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Maybe it's more than the "standard of beauty", you should try one of those White men-Asian women threads sometime.

It's probably a mixture of things but when it's about white men attracted to Asian women, there is that "yellow-fever" some white men might actually have, but also the perception that Asian women are more feminine, not as brassy, not as loud and obnoxious. There's the stereotype that Asian women are meek happy servants - and very often they are exactly not that but the stereotype remains.

Of course in that case, it's more likely white women who promote the stereotype.

At least if it's behavioral differences, if the women really wanted these men, then they could compete with the behaviors of their "competitors".

As far as the media goes, it's true that there is a kind of trophy woman - slender, blond, young, beautiful. Fat women aren't seen as beautiful, short-squatty women aren't seen as beautiful, old women aren't seen as beautiful. But then if a movie was made with the female romantic lead as short, fat, dumpy (any race) how many people including women would pay for movie tickets.

I never understood that Yellow fever term since not all Asian women are Yellow. My Filipino girlfriend's skincolor for example is more Brown than it is Yellow.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I never understood that Yellow fever term since not all Asian women are Yellow. My Filipino girlfriend's skincolor for example is more Brown than it is Yellow.
I know but I've actually only heard them using the term. People are only various shades of beige and browns but there are the sallow tones and rose tones. Even albinos aren't white, they're pinkish.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

- Darker skin
- larger noses and lips

Monkeys don't have larger lips and not all have darker skin or larger wider noses.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:58 AM

950 posts, read 1,514,856 times
Why would a Black person be against interracial mixing when the offsprings of a Nonblack/Black couple are still considered Black anyways.

I have never heard of a Black person who does not consider Mulatos, Quadroons, and Octoroons to be Black. All Blacks believe in the one drop rule.

Look at Benjamin Jealous of the NAACP for example, he is half White yet most Blacks consider him to be Black. Blacks don't consider him to be a different race than them.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:45 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Racial purity isn't a good thing because it brings out genetic diseases, it really means inbreeding (not incest) but to stay "pure" you'd have to marry at least distant relatives generation after generation, there's something to be said about hybrid vigor.
Really? Hybrid Vigor huh? Can you give me an example of hybrid vigor in humans? Are mixed-breed humans living longer? Are they more healthy? Are they more intelligent? Are they more anything at all?

Quote:
Also the "diluting of the species" is a silly notion because racial differences do not make for different species. And anyhow people have been mixing whenever they are closely associated with one another.
I can totally admit that people have been mixing when in close proximity to each other since the beginning. And I don't believe in any sort of racial purity, that is nonsense. On the contrary, you do have a very high concentration of specific traits in specific populations around the world that are either absent or largely absent in other populations of the world. These concentrations of traits give a very distinct phenotype which could be seen in certain regards as "superior" or "inferior"(such as height, strength, speed, high intelligence, etc).

If those isolated human groups with generally viewed as "superior genes" were mixed with another relatively isolated human group with markedly inferior genes, the result would be to the benefit of one group and to the detriment of the other. In the end you would end up with basically an average of the superior and inferior, and everyone would just become mediocre.

The word species generally denotes all biological organisms that can breed with every other member of the same group, and not with members of other groups. Basically, since humans cannot mate with chimpanzees, then humans and chimpanzees are not the same species. Of course, at one time humans and chimpanzees came from the same ancestor, so at one time our ancestors were both the same species. So what happened?

As members of the same species become more and more geographically distant and/or isolated, they become more genetically distant. Once there is enough genetic distance, the distant members of what was once the same species become biologically incompatible with each other(think pygmies). Since they can no longer mate with each other, they drift further and further away from each other over time, until not only are they no longer the same species, they wouldn't even be considered to be in the same genus.

Humans are the same species because they are can all breed with each other, and they can breed with no other species on the planet. But there are plenty of species that can breed with other species(and many times even with species from entirely different genus').

Take the American Bison and Domestic Cattle, they were classified to be not only different species, but also in two separate genus' from each other. American Bison and Cattle can breed with one another so readily, that most American Bison herds are no longer full-blood American Bison. Not only that but many Cattle herds are also tainted with Bison genes. So the definition of species itself is pretty full of holes. Something like 4% of all animal species can breed with members of other species and about 10% of all plant species can breed with members of other species. In fact, most of those genetically modified plants that you hear about, are the result of inter-species hybrids. This is also why there are so many people who want genetically modified foods to be outlawed, because the result of the hybrids is that they will pollute the pure-breed gene pool until they no longer exist.

There is no doubt that mixing a white person with a black person will create something that is neither white nor black. And this mixing will pollute the gene pools of both the constituent parts until the point that the original genetic characteristics that correlate highly with each group will largely disappear or become heavily dispersed. And whatever specialization that existed in each group, will disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies