Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,669,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You call someone a racist.........and then you refer to them as a dancing monkey.

'Nuff said.
Whats wrong with the term dancing monkey? Do you even now where that term comes from or is your attitude so racially slanted that you automatically assume that it is a racial slight. Look up the term. You might just learn something new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,724,752 times
Whose dancing monkey is she supposed to be?

Anyway, I find her quite honest, the way she tries to find out why she feels the way she does.

I don't think she is a racist, but like many humans she probably feels closer to her own ethnic group. Especially because of the music she makes, which is typical black music (in a positive way). But she does have a couple of white band members... I don't think that would be the case if she were racist.

She is nowhere near certain rappers and other people with whom she is lumped together here.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Whats wrong with the term dancing monkey? Do you even now where that term comes from or is your attitude so racially slanted that you automatically assume that it is a racial slight. Look up the term. You might just learn something new.
I don't need to look up any term. You call a black person by that term, it ain't because you don't like their position on an issue. I don't assume it is a racial slight. I KNOW it is.

The fact you don't get it indicates that it is you who needs the education.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,444,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't need to look up any term. You call a black person by that term, it ain't because you don't like their position on an issue. I don't assume it is a racial slight. I KNOW it is.

The fact you don't get it indicates that it is you who needs the education.
Oh please, so now the word monkey can't be used at all in reference to a black person, no matter if it was benign? What a bunch of sissy assed crybabies!!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,724,752 times
There are other terms meaning the same thing, why chose the term containing monkey? Anything monkey should be avoided in connection with blacks...

Old 05-12-2011, 09:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh please, so now the word monkey can't be used at all in reference to a black person, no matter if it was benign? What a bunch of sissy assed crybabies!!!!
No such thing as benign. And you know it.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:11 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,375,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Where did she say she "opposes" interracial marriage? All I saw was that she's a bit 'uncomfortable' with them, along with an explanation as to why.
Well, MsMcQ LV, put those same opinions and words in the mouth of a Southern cracker and see if you still don't think they are racist.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,327,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

The fact that white, especially Nordic women used to be and still are portrayed as the ideal in some media today is a huge problem around the world.
Asians have eye operations, Africans poison themselves with skin bleaching creme, which by the way is big business for Northern companies.
That is a double-edged sword. A lot of Caucasians are risking skin cancer to have dark skin because being pale like a Nordic person is considered unattractive.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,886,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
.... call a black person a monkey to his face..... do it.

It's easy over the internet when no one can see your face. It's easy to brush it off when you know no one can do anything but just respond to it in a text box. If there are ANY 'sissies', it's people who would call a black entertainer a 'monkey' on the internet.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,957,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
She didn't, they just made that up. Her views on empowering black women will never be understood by the haters. Here's what she actually did say:

Commentary: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/relationships/commentary_3/commentary_jill_scott_talks_interracial.php - broken link)
Yeah I know, I was being sarcastic..

There seems to be an influx of these types of threads lately, all from the usual suspects.

They put words in the mouths of people, tell lies and then fade into the background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies