Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times

Advertisements

Great news and thanks for posting!

I am liking this man more and more and look forward to his formal announcement soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I'm not sure I understand how a legal medical procedure can be abused, I guess. How often someone has an abortion and their reasons for doing so don't change the fact that it is a legally protected medical procedure.

I'm also not sure it matters in the eyes of those who are anti-choice. On the most extreme end, anyone having an abortion for any reason is unacceptable.
There are some who use it as birth control. You can imagine there are people in this country who object to the killing of the unborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Pro-Choice movements have a lot of passion and fire in them. In all honesty I think they can fund Planned Parenthood on their own if they feel it is worth keeping around. I'd be absolutely blown away if all Planned Parenthood clinics close their doors if they lose their federal funding.
Don't worry, they won't close. This is just one of the scare reasons for the pro abortion crowd.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:26 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
awesome! lets make it harder for poor people to get std testing and birth control.
America.......what a place!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
gets by the first court challenge.

Indiana Planned Parenthood Defunding Withstands Court Test - Bloomberg

Excellent news.

Here is your GOP candidate folks.

The US has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates of any industialized country, why would you think that defunding is a good thing. Seems like you can pay me now or pay me later by increasing the burden to society of births by teenagers, you do realize the cost.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
. How ridiculous to have to start campaigning 2 years out from an election.

It's about time we take control of the process and proceed in our own good time.

Absolutely agree.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Its amazing that the program that helps women who can't afford medical proceedures is attacked by women. Once again, no federal funds are used for abortions by PP. get that thru your dense heads. PP does alot of good. Why defund it?

Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its amazing that the program that helps women who can't afford medical proceedures is attacked by women. Once again, no federal funds are used for abortions by PP. get that thru your dense heads. PP does alot of good. Why defund it?
I thought 90 % of what they did was abortions!

"Everybody goes to clinics, to hospitals, to doctors, and so on. Some people go to Planned Parenthood. But you don't have to go to Planned Parenthood to get your cholesterol or your blood pressure checked. If you want an abortion, you go to Planned Parenthood, and that's well over 90 percent of what Planned Parenthood does," the senator crowed.

Senator Jon Kyl's Lies About Planned Parenthood "Not Intended to be Factual Statement" - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Old 05-12-2011, 06:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The US has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates of any industialized country, why would you think that defunding is a good thing. Seems like you can pay me now or pay me later by increasing the burden to society of births by teenagers, you do realize the cost.
Federal Funds are NOT to be used for abortions.
So tell us how society will be burdened by pregnant teenage girls if PP gets their funding decreased ?

Wouldn't the parents of those pregnant teenage girls be burdened ?
Maybe that's a good thing..maybe that's what it takes to straighten out some teens..holding their parents financially responsible for their actions.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

What is your opinion on HHS?

The same. Grants are not a legitimate function of government. We should end all subsidies.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Sooner or later it will be, because you can't afford it, not now, and certainly not in the coming years.

Expanding government because "you can't afford" something is ridiculous. Maybe the reason we can't afford things is because government is so big and expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies