Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Obama was sworn in with his hand on the Bible.

He has also referred to 'god' and 'Jesus' in many speeches. These are two prominent figures in the Bible.

Has anyone read this disgusting text and the filth contained within?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers 31: 17-18
Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Samuel 15:3
This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm 137:9
Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judges 19:25-28
So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chronicles 15:13
That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 19: 5-8
5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them.
And there are plenty more.

Is it appropriate for the POTUS to reference a vile book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
I think you just awoke a new breed of conspiracy nuts, the ones who claim that Obama was sworn on the Koran. The biblers

Answers.com - Was Barack Obama sworn into office with a Qur'an

Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
You got a point. I'm an atheist/agnostic/something and to tell you the truth, I don't really care. Since I don't care, that's why.

Question. Do you you ever use cash? Or just credit. This also includes coins.
Every coin and bank note has "In God we trust." stamped on it, somewhere. Since the concept of a higher Deity fills you with rage, I suggest every time someone offers you money, you turn it down. Show 'em what your made of. Refuse to accept anything associated with "God."

Speaking of God, I like reading posts on this site from people that want America to return to the America of our forefathers. Some were Deists. One believed Jesus being the Son of God was a crock of sham. People believe in ideas. Not reality. In reality, it doesn't matter if that dollar bill says, "In God we trust." or "Happy, happy, Joy, Joy." It still spends the same. Obama could've sworn in on an old Archie comic book and he'd still be the President.

I think this country has about 9 bazillion bigger problems than the book that Obama swore in with.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Obama was sworn in with his hand on the Bible.

He has also referred to 'god' and 'Jesus' in many speeches. These are two prominent figures in the Bible.

Has anyone read this disgusting text and the filth contained within?
You forgot to include the 23rd chapter of Ezekiel. Many Christians don't even know that's in the Bible. If they heard that story and didn't know it was in the Bible they'd want it banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies