Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,412 times

Advertisements

Saw Newt Gingrich announce his candidacy and thought: Take your dysfunctional ways and retire already....I'm so tired of the regurgitated trash in the political process making decisions that affect us all...ppl who were born in the 30'-40's-50's....enuff...the homophobia, the racism, the economic greed...the just living scared all the dam time of everything you don't understand or not willing to change and adapt...

i'm done venting...anybody else feel the same way? It's bad enuff this guy left his wives in ditches but his best performance was giving us a dysfunctional partisan gov't for the better part of 15 years that Obama is slowly untangling...I do not want to go back to Newt's idealistic partisanship-get nothing done government...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 AM

10,949 posts, read 1,308,510 times
I agree with you and thank you for saying that.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:59 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
Obama couldn't untangle his own shoe laces let alone anything significant. He fails at everything he attempts so the Dems don't have much as far as a strong candidate in 2012 do they? At least people like Gingrich.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
You sure like painting large chunks of humanity with a broad brush, don't you?

And all because of Newt?

Boomers didn't come into being until '46 so leave the '30 to '45 out of it.

I memory serves me right, boomers were in of the vanguard of the civil rights, environmental and women's equality movements.

What have you done?

Old 05-12-2011, 05:05 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
At least people like Gingrich.
I've never met one person who confessed to that.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
When you have accomplished 1/1000 of what the boomer generation did then you can open your trap and spout your foolishness. Until then you would be wise to shut your mouth and listen to your elders. You might actually learn something.

How about this, all Gen X'ers are lazy Doritos eating, Nintendo playing losers who can't find the front door because their arse is Velcro'd to the couch!
If it weren't for Mommy and Daddy supporting them they would all be living under a bridge sans Nintendo. They are what baby boomers call Punks!

How do you like that broad brush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Saw Newt Gingrich announce his candidacy and thought: Take your dysfunctional ways and retire already....I'm so tired of the regurgitated trash in the political process making decisions that affect us all...ppl who were born in the 30'-40's-50's....enuff...the homophobia, the racism, the economic greed...the just living scared all the dam time of everything you don't understand or not willing to change and adapt...

i'm done venting...anybody else feel the same way? It's bad enuff this guy left his wives in ditches but his best performance was giving us a dysfunctional partisan gov't for the better part of 15 years that Obama is slowly untangling...I do not want to go back to Newt's idealistic partisanship-get nothing done government...

Last edited by Inoxkeeper; 05-12-2011 at 05:25 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
When you have accomplished 1/1000 of what the boomer generation did then you can open your trap and spout your foolishness. Until then you would be wise to shut your mouth and listen to your elders. You might actually learn something.

How about this, all Gen X'ers are lazy Doritos eating, Nintendo playing losers who can't find the front door because their arse is Velcro'd to the couch!
If it weren't for Mommy and Daddy supporting them they would all be living under a bridge sans Nintendo. You are what baby boomers call Punks!

How do you like that broad brush?

Great post and so well thought out. The OP needs to return to grammar school to learn proper sentence formation and punctuation.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:27 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:

Actually, plenty of boomers feel the same way; the characteristics that you mention are precisely what fueled the upheaval of the '60s and '70s.
I'd like nothing more than to see racists, the avaricious, the prejudiced and the bloodthirsty just melt away. Sadly, there are also young people who prefer to cling to out-dated social stances.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
S...giving us a dysfunctional partisan gov't for the better part of 15 years that Obama is slowly untangling...
Ok this has to be a troll, right?

Obama... untangling... and government was non-partisan before 1994?

HAHAHAHA, that's a good one!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:

I think the worst americans are those born in the 70's and 80's..they have no class, no discipline, no respect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies