Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
It's pathetic when the under 30 crowd watches a show with a guy who thinks he's funny on the comedy channel to get 'the news' of the day.
Are you a fan of the FOX News Comedy(FNC) channel?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
I can't wait for the next "hilarious" spin on child rapists and murderers...

Old 05-14-2011, 11:11 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Are you a fan of the FOX News comedy channel?!!
The proof that Fox news is "comedy" is that all John Stewart needs to do for a laugh is play straight clips of Fox news! Of course no news channel is immune to the Daily Show's satire, but Fox is a gold mine!

Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Sean Hannity=Chris Matthews, both absurd, both liars, both 100% full of sh*t 100% of the time.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Sean Hannity=Chris Matthews, both absurd, both liars, both 100% full of sh*t 100% of the time.
I don't listen to Matthews much but I agree with you 100% on Hannity.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
"COMMON: I don’t think there’s anything the matter with somebody loving somebody from another race but it’s almost like a stereotype that if you’ve got dreadlocks you go out with a white girl. just feel like, as black men, we do have to be aware that, yo, every time we step out with some woman it’s setting an example for our daughters and it’s also representing something for our mothers. If you can’t really love your own, how can you really love others?

TOUCH: So you don’t agree with mixed race relationships?
COMMON: I disagree with them. It’s a lack of self-love. It’s a problem.

TOUCH: Have you ever dated outside your race?
COMMON: Nah, not dated [giggles].

TOUCH: Have you slept with anybody outside your race?
COMMON: Yeah, I definitely have."

So Common thinks white women are good for him to sleep with but not actually date?
and further more Common oppose mixed relationships so his invite to the white house is kinda odd given Obama is half-white....Is Obama aware of this?...was anybody in his Administration aware of that?..and if they were, why was he still invited?

I wonder what the "educated" (probably a degree in some useless liberal art program) Daily Show viewer have to say about that...

It was odd reading pages of this and not one person mentioned that, all I heard was they typical "faux news lies" and "educate yourself" and "get your facts"...which is weird because I am sure none of you "factual" liberals knew that...

But I am not sure this would do any good against those who hold The Daily Show as a real news source...I mean if you find Jon Stewart credible, well its just no point in talking to you.
He was asked if he dated someone outside of his race. He didn't say that it was a white girl, did he? Why would you assume that it was?

Could have been Hispanic, Asian, Indian...who knows? But the fact that you're so quick to think that it was a white woman is telling on your part.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:24 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
All he's doing is pointing out how Faux News and the GOP continue to use distraction issues, catering to the lowest common denominator, instead of worrying about fixing this country's problems.
You call Obama's policies fixing the problems? What republicans are doing is feeding democrats some of their own medicine really. I am still waiting for the war trail calls and the images of Obama as hitler. Democrats can dish it out but can't take their own tactics is all.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You call Obama's policies fixing the problems? What republicans are doing is feeding democrats some of their own medicine really. I am still waiting for the war trail calls and the images of Obama as hitler. Democrats can dish it out but can't take their own tactics is all.
You obviously haven't seen any videos from teabagger rallys....

Old 05-14-2011, 12:47 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Wow, back-to-back-to-back-to-back posts... nice.

This is a pollitical discussion on a CITY-DATA forum talking about a non-issue. The way I see it, there's NOTHING "adult" about this. Any of it.

People are now afraid of Common, a hip hop artist that is no more dangerous than a feather, because of a few lyrics in one song brought up by some guy on one side of the political scene, then blown up by someone (who more than likely hates and doesn't even listen to hip hop) to make it seem like another bad choice by a president he doesn't like. THEN, he spews his view to his viewers and they take it as REAL news. Because of this, we now have people calling Common a divisive, controversial rapper, who before now wasn't even known to these people and never had any negative press....

And now, we have these posts of people who more than likely never even knew who Common was until just now talking about how horrible of a person he is and that he's a negative influence?

Don't tell me what's immature, dude. Things like this **** me off, and I'm sick of it.
Do you have a problem with me responding to other poster? Tough!

Well DUDE, if you don't like what you read on here, stay off.

I don't like childish name calling and foul language and I will call posters on it if I find it. I wish there was none of it.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Glenn Beck was a comedian and a morning shock jock, so I guess you are right, we shouldn't get our news from comedians. Actually, beck was a failed comedian, so at least Stewert is funny.
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Stewart. Maybe that is why I haven't mention Beck in my previous posts.

Are you saying people aren't allowed to change careers or have more than one career?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies