Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bunch of hyperbole. Like the other poster, you're just scared of your own shadow. Must be hard to live in fear....shaking and trembling in a corner like a little kid at the sight of someone who believes in a different God than you do.

Cowards...i swear.
Lame comeback. Yet another weak and cowardly attempt to deflect your own willingness to submit to the bullying of Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 03:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Lame comeback. Yet another weak and cowardly attempt to deflect your own willingness to submit to the bullying of Islam.
Not submission....it's called "live and let live." Their rights end where mine begins. And so far, no Muslim American has ever improperly encroached upon my rights. In other words, leave people to their own devices, and mind your business.

I know that's hard for you fearful types. But for those of us who live life without fear, it's par for the course.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Not submission....it's called "live and let live." Their rights end where mine begins. And so far, no Muslim American has ever improperly encroached upon my rights. In other words, leave people to their own devices, and mind your business.

I know that's hard for you fearful types. But for those of us who live life without fear, it's par for the course.
It's called historical and current fact and it's called foresight. It's called knowing your enemy. Something you're completely oblivious to.

If you actually think we "fear " Islam, you're even more comical than I first suspected.

Difference is, we're not spineless jellyfish.

Oh and by the way, Islam amd Muslims have absolutely zero respect and zero intentions of ever living a life of "live and let live."; where their rights end, where yours begins.

The fact you think that's a reality if laughable. You truely know nothing about Islam and Muslims.

But soon enough you will learn.

The Muslim way is like this......

"Your Rights End Where Islam/Muslims Say They End, Because Islam/Muslims Supercedes All Others and Is Superior To All Others (Infidels and their cultures and laws).

Your naivety is sad and comical, all at the same time.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
It's called historical and current fact and it's called foresight. It's called knowing your enemy. Something you're completely oblivious to.

If you actually think we "fear " Islam, you're even more comical than I first suspected.

Difference is, we're not spineless jellyfish.

Oh and by the way, Islam amd Muslims have absolutely zero respect and zero intentions of ever living a life of "live and let live."; where their rights end, where yours begins.

The fact you think that's a reality if laughable. You truely know nothing about Islam and Muslims.

But soon enough you will learn.

The Muslim way is like this......

"Your Rights End Where Islam/Muslims Say They End, Because Islam/Muslims Supercedes All Others and Is Superior To All Others (Infidels and their cultures and laws).

Your naivety is sad and comical, all at the same time.
Yea, and so is your bigotry and cowardice.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Dude, i know folks get screened. That's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the people that are already here...living, working, and going about their business without bothering others.

And again, when you're tired of harrassing the Muslims, which group will you go to next?

I'll go to the one that keeps attempting to blow stuff up!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:09 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:

Bigotry??

YouTube - Former Egyptian-Muslim converts to Christianity

Cowardice??

YouTube - Iran Infuriated by Film of Woman's Stoning

Why do you let these people off the hook??? Why do you turn your ire upon people like me who are tired of the terror threats .....tired of the stuff you see in these videos!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:

LOL, you'll see.

It's going to be funny. Well, not funny ...haha. But funny.

One day you'll be saying...." Damn! That a-h*le NMyTree was right about these f****** Muslims.

You'll say that just before they.......

Old 05-12-2011, 04:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Bunch of hyperbole. Like the other poster, you're just scared of your own shadow. Must be hard to live in fear....shaking and trembling in a corner like a little kid at the sight of someone who believes in a different God than you do.

Cowards...i swear.

You know what if Thousands of Innocent Men, Women, and Children were not innocently killed on a fateful 9/11 day, perhaps things would be different, but we are different now, can you blame us, we are watching our backs, can we afford to be lax, i doubt it. These are people with a different mindset, no matter if they live in this Country or not, something seems to set them off, better safe then another 9/11 don't ya think.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM

532 posts, read 1,055,877 times
Terror management theory predicts an intensification of ingroup bias and increased hostility towards perceived outgroups as a result of traumatic events and the mortality salience that emerges from them. An example of empirical support is found in Death on the brain: effects of mortality salience on the neural correlates of ingroup and outgroup categorization: "Research has shown that thoughts of one's; own death (i.e. mortality salience; MS) increase aspects of intergroup bias. However, the extent to which MS influences neural activity underlying basic person perception processes has not been examined. In the current study, event-related brain potentials were used as measures of online attentional and evaluative processes as White participants categorized ingroup (White) and outgroup (Black) faces according to expression (happy vs angry) following either MS or a control induction. Results showed that MS affected the amplitude of the P2 and N2 components elicited by ingroup faces but had no effect on the processing of outgroup faces. Processing of angry ingroup relative to angry outgroup faces was pronounced in the MS condition, reflected both in N2 amplitude and in longer latency of the P3 component, suggesting heightened sensitivity to threats to positive ingroup. Overall, findings suggest that MS intensifies perception of social category features, primarily by enhancing processing of ingroup cues."

This mortality salience is expressed through support for authoritarian and aggressive policies, as evidenced in The Role of Authoritarianism, Perceived Threat, and Need for Closure or Structure in Predicting Post-9/11 Attitudes and Beliefs (http://heldref-publications.metapress.com/app/home/contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,7,8; journal,25,84;linkingpublicationresults,1:119947,1 - broken link): "The authors examined relationships among authoritarianism, personal need for closure or structure, perceived threat, and post-9/11 attitudes and beliefs. Participants were 159 undergraduate students in the Southeastern United States. The authors collected data 1 week before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003. Correlation and regression analyses revealed that right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation were significant predictors of support for restricting human rights during the U.S.-led War on Terror, support for U.S. President George W. Bush, and support for U.S. military involvement in Iraq. Right-wing authoritarianism and perceived threat emerged as the strongest predictors of the belief that Saddam Hussein supported terrorism."

This instinct is not confined to persons with specific political affiliations, as evidenced in Threat causes liberals to think like conservatives: "In Study 1, politically liberal college students’ in-group favoritism increased after a system-injustice threat, becoming as pronounced as that of conservatives."

The result is that outgroups are targeted with varying levels of informal and formal discrimination, though specific ethnic or other targeted groups are rarely named. When severely traumatic events such as the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the resultant entry of the U.S. into World War II occur, there is greater tolerance for responsive discrimination against the targeted outgroup, which was internment of Japanese in that particular case. In this case, the targeted outgroups are Arabs, Muslims, Middle Easterners, or those perceived as similiar to them, as the occurrence of assaults against Sikhs after 9/11 illustrated.

The linkages between these historically separated discriminatory responses as forms of terror management are further illustrated by the fact that they are often advocated by the same proponents. An example of this is politically rightist pundit Michelle Malkin's book In Defense of Internment: The Case for Racial Profiling in World War II and the War on Terror, or these comments on the white supremacist message board Stormfront:

Quote:
I have absolutely no problem with the government rounding up Japs during WW2. I feel like it was a small price to pay for the privilege we granted them as foreigners to live among us. I still think we should have detained the entire Muslim population after 9/11. All foreigners need to realize that their existence in our country is a privilege and not a right.
Quote:
We were attacked by japs, hence all japs were criminals. To camp they go. We should be doing the same thing today with muslims, blacks & mexicants
And as a final point, U.S. citizens can be disassociated from the ingroup and associated with the outgroup if they are perceived as possessing sufficient similiarities with them, those often being cultural, religious, or ethnic/racial affinities. As stated in an internment-era Los Angeles Times editorial, "A viper is nonetheless a viper wherever the egg is hatched... So, a Japanese American born of Japanese parents, nurtured upon Japanese traditions, living in a transplanted Japanese atmosphere... notwithstanding his nominal brand of accidental citizenship almost inevitably and with the rarest exceptions grows up to be a Japanese, and not an American... Thus, while it might cause injustice to a few to treat them all as potential enemies, I cannot escape the conclusion... that such treatment... should be accorded to each and all of them while we are at war with their race."

Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,306 times
Psh. Gays first, Muslims.
At least we aint blowing **** up and we just some equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies