Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 08:29 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,518,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
A black man was recently arrested for rape in my neighborhood. Guess we should keep a close eye on all Black Americans because it's evident Black people are evil rapists.

A white man was recently arrested for murder in another neighborhood. Guess we should make sure every White American is being watched because it's clear white people are a bunch of murderers.

Sounds stupid? Well OP, that's your logic.

If you have a long string of incidents that spans decades of black men raping folk, yes....keep an eye out. You'd be a fool not to. Same with the white guy.

But that ain't the case here is it?? AND WE DO HAVE DECADES OF TERROR ATTACKS AND THREATS WITH MUSLIMS!! Counting the two animals that were arrested in the article I posted, at the beginning of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 08:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,625,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You don't deserve the freedom you have if that scene is okay with you.

He is there, because more of his ilk are over there occupying/killing and driving them here to do the same to us.

It's not real complicated.
So, I suppose the military is all over the place in Israel because Israelis are occupying/killing and driving 'them'...

Have you ever been to Israel? They don't have cops on every corner, they have the military on every corner, watching everyone, with automatic weapons, not just handguns, and armored trucks everywhere. That's the government protecting it's people. You should be mad at the terrorists, not our government trying to protect us.

His ilk? Guess what, he would protect you, also.

To my knowledge, the only 'place' we were before 9/11 (and still are) is Saudi Arabia, where we have a presence, but don't interfere with their country. Osama bin Deaden didn't like the INFIDEL in his country; that's what made him mad.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 PM

564 posts, read 1,725,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
If you have a long string of incidents that spans decades of black men raping folk, yes....keep an eye out. You'd be a fool not to. Same with the white guy.

But that ain't the case here is it?? AND WE DO HAVE DECADES OF TERROR ATTACKS AND THREATS WITH MUSLIMS!! Counting the two animals that were arrested in the article I posted, at the beginning of this thread.
I'm pretty sure murderers and rapists who happen to be White or Black have been committing their crimes since the beginning of time.

I may be going out of limb here but I'm going to guess that in the past few decades, more White and Black people have been arrested in the USA for rape, murder, and other offenses than Muslims have for terror threats.

So down with White people and Black people, I say.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,065,510 times
Most of the Muslims I've met have been relatively normal. They have their Islamic community and their general American community. By in large, they don't conflict. They reject the radical anti-American Islamic forces, and feel hurt by Americans who don't like Muslims.

It's a tough topic. There are definitely things in the Muslim world that are gross violations of human rights. We don't want that happening in America, and are nervous that Muslims will bring that if we allow them to assimilate. On the other hand, my guess is that most Muslims in the U.S. don't want that either, and just want to live their lives like everybody else here.

So we need to focus on rejecting terrorism, subordination of women, etc. and less on what they're wearing.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:35 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,438 times
Many Muslims argue that they should be allowed to live where ever they damned well please and have the worst aspects of their sexist and homophobic religion honored at every turn by non-Muslims. Many also argue that non-Muslims should not be allowed to live in Muslim nations unless they accept secondary legal status.

Hypocrits.

If they feel that uncomfortable here they can always go back home. There are 22 Muslims nations to choose from. Granted pretty much all of them are hell holes of sexism, religious extremism and corruption but that's Islam for you.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,481,788 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure murderers and rapists who happen to be White or Black have been committing their crimes since the beginning of time.

I may be going out of limb here but I'm going to guess that in the past few decades, more White and Black people have been arrested in the USA for rape, murder, and other offenses than Muslims have for terror threats.

So down with White people and Black people, I say.

I am certain that those who commit the crimes you mention don't go around portraying themselves as being something that they aren't, while in the darks of their minds and in some sand box far away planning to harm this country and its people. THAT is the difference. These people run around spreading lies and attempting to gain "trust" here in this country and turn around within weeks and commit crimes! And for the record, there are muslims who are black, white and arab. So they race youare attempting to play isn't going to fly here.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 AM

564 posts, read 1,725,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I am certain that those who commit the crimes you mention don't go around portraying themselves as being something that they aren't, while in the darks of their minds and in some sand box far away planning to harm this country and its people. THAT is the difference. These people run around spreading lies and attempting to gain "trust" here in this country and turn around within weeks and commit crimes! And for the record, there are muslims who are black, white and arab. So they race youare attempting to play isn't going to fly here.
I'm not playing on their races. I could've used any group - Protestants, Gays, teens, fans of the film Forrest Gump - for my examples; I just chose Black and White people.

And I'm highly certain White and Black murderers and rapists don't do it openly with society's blessing, they try to be as discreet as possible. Any criminal who doesn't seek the trust of others is a fool and asking to be arrested.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Ok, a couple of points here on the actually original post. First off there is the matter of the two men ordered to de-plane after having been cleared TWICE, does no one see a problem with that, what if that had been you, would you really say hey no problem I understand that some people are overly paranoid. Why didn’t the TSA put a stop to the pilots actions, since they already knew the two were cleared? Make fun all you want but the logic here is lacking and the two had every right to be outraged over the matter.
Second story has to do with terrorists being caught, excellent news. That said, please explain what one has to do with the other, there is no connection other than the men share a similar faith and I doubt that they share much of that in common since one obviously believes they are in a holy war and the others, like the Vast majority of Muslims, do not. Do not get me wrong I believe in profiling, but come folks if someone has been cleared TWICE it is time drop the fear mongering.
Personal opinion is the two examples were used in an excuse to spit a little anger and hate towards Muslims in general, the obvious feelings the OP, and in the process get a few others to join in, hopefully that will hold them over for a while. The fact is there are good Muslims and there are bad Muslims, just like every other group on the planet, just because they catch two bad ones does not excuse the lack of rational thinking when it came to the other two, if you actually believe that you have also given up the ability to think rationally. FYI, Muslims have lived in America since before this nation was even formed and have lived with us as fellow citizens for hundreds of years, pretty sad that we cannot see that it is not Muslims we should be fearing or hating it is terrorists that use their religion to excuse their actions to gain power for themselves
Ok, back to your hating, get it out, you might feel better.
Casper

Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,727,450 times
Quote:
I'm not playing on their races. I could've used any group - Protestants, Gays, teens, fans of the film Forrest Gump - for my examples; I just chose Black and White people.

And I'm highly certain White and Black murderers and rapists don't do it openly with society's blessing, they try to be as discreet as possible. Any criminal who doesn't seek the trust of others is a fool and asking to be arrested.
Comparing terrorists to criminals is the ultimate liberal conceit. That is why Eric Holder so desparately wanted to try terrorists in this country in District Court. You and your ilk have yet to recognize, much less acknowledge, that the Islamists have declared war on this country. We are at war and, as in any war, there are enemy sympathizers and enablers in our bosom. It is incumbent upon Muslims in this country to be unequivocal as to where they stand in this war. As George Bush so aptly said, you're either with us or you're against us.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Comparing terrorists to criminals is the ultimate liberal conceit. That is why Eric Holder so desparately wanted to try terrorists in this country in District Court. You and your ilk have yet to recognize, much less acknowledge, that the Islamists have declared war on this country. We are at war and, as in any war, there are enemy sympathizers and enablers in our bosom. It is incumbent upon Muslims in this country to be unequivocal as to where they stand in this war. As George Bush so aptly said, you're either with us or you're against us.
So organized extremist groups with access to military weapons and bomb materials are no worse than your run of the mill criminal ?

That might be taking the leftist PC tolerance just a tad over the edge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies