Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:45 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, O quit his position in the Senate and HE gets a pass?
Don't forget he quit twice, first the state senate then the us senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
She certainly made mistakes and she clearly wasn't ready for primetime but the press was determined to kill her in the womb. She was definately the type of candidate the Dems feared the most, for the reasons outiline in the link. She was crucified for saying things that other candidates got a free pass on. There was a gotcha mentality in the press, simply look at the Couric interview.
Kill her in the womb???

Palin did a bang up job of aborting herself every time that she opened her crooked mouth or tweeted (her preferred method of communication).

She had a long enough gestation period and she needed no assistance from anyone to prove that she is vindictive, disingenuous and an over the top opportunist.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
She did not work with Democrats in the legislature. But then again, she did not work the Republicans in the legislature either. The Alaska State legislature utterly despised Governor Palin from the very beginning when she vetoed their entire Capital Budget.

When the President of the State Senate for more than 20 years, Lyda Green (R), ran for reelection, then Governor Palin campaigned for Lyda Green's opponent. As a result, Lyda Green is no longer involved with Alaskan politics. Sarah has taken down more Republicans than Democrats.

Governor Palin was so despised by the legislature that they waited until the day after Governor Palin resigned before enacting a law that would reimburse future Governors their personal expenses for any frivolous ethics violation brought against them. Between January 2009 and July 2009 there were 18 frivolous ethic violations filed against Governor Palin. All of them were tossed, but not before it cost Sarah more than $500,000 in legal fees.
It's always good to hear from the folks from AK who know her best.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you wouldn't find a positive thing to say about her or any other Republican and that is all I need to know!!!!
I am impressed that an academically challenged, underachieving college hopper was able to convince enough people in the state of Alaska to vote for her as governor and that she was plucked by a maverick senator to be his running mate in 2008 yet she wasn't embarrassed to display her lack of intelligence on a national stage, attempt to promote family values with a knocked up unwed teenaged daughter or to quit her office midterm to pursue the almighty $$$ (and avoid ethics investigation)

Old 05-14-2011, 02:23 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,402 times
Wow, didn't think I'd stir up such a hornets nest when I started this thread. Even though I personally dislike her, and her selection as VP cost McCain my vote (among other things) I was impressed that she at least had, at one time, enough political savy to get something done. I just wonder why she chose to throw that all away to become such a divisive, childish charactor and appeal only to the lowest common denominator.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
The press destroyed her becoz they knew she would destroy everything liberals stood for.

I remember soon after her speech in the RNC, the left stood terrorized and clueless. It was their worst nightmares come true in this woman.

Anyway, they formulated a clearcut plan and collectively issued a fatwa to destroy Palin beyond recognition. She's obviously the victim of leftist jihad.

I had to use some stringent terms there to denote the left's addiction to destroying Palin in the last three years.

There's only one culprit here to blame - John McCain. He totally miscalculated he could electrify his base with Palin and his choice went on to destroy her.

Like I once said, honest, down to earth and nice (which the left terms stupid) people don't belong in DC and the power bases of the North East which run the country. You have to be corrupted to the core to get control of the mob. Palin is no gladiator She really needs to disappear.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The press destroyed her becoz they knew she would destroy everything liberals stood for.

I remember soon after her speech in the RNC, the left stood terrorized and clueless. It was their worst nightmares come true in this woman.

Anyway, they formulated a clearcut plan and collectively issued a fatwa to destroy Palin beyond recognition. She's obviously the victim of leftist jihad.

I had to use some stringent terms there to denote the left's addiction to destroying Palin in the last three years.

There's only one culprit here to blame - John McCain. He totally miscalculated he could electrify his base with Palin and his choice went on to destroy her.

Like I once said, honest, down to earth and nice (which the left terms stupid) people don't belong in DC and the power bases of the North East which run the country. You have to be corrupted to the core to get control of the mob. Palin is no gladiator She really needs to disappear.
Sarah Palin opened her mouth and proceeded to destroyed herself.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:42 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,078,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She's a quitter...that's all I need to know.
Then you are very foolish in not listening and comprehending why she resigned her office as governor!

She has the "guts" to put her state first over and above her personal self! The Dems and others that she exposed and whipped butt for their corruption, etc., were bringing law suit after law suit against her which was causing tremendous interference with governing, wasted hours and hours of staff, tremendous cost to the State for legal defense, etc., etc.

I take my hat off to her for having the guts to step down in order to stop all the cost in so many areas to the State of Alaska.

If you want to really read and understand how very bad politicians can be in putting their own agendas first over and above their responsibility to their elected office, read the newly released "Deadly Indifference" by Michael Brown and Ted Schwarz...its available on Amazon.com ! The real truth is told about the politicians covering their own butts and/or diverting hospital ships for their own photo ops during the Katrina Hurricane. You will be amazed at what crap media and crap politicians do to those who "don't play the game." That includes the false crap they spun against Sarah Palin and Mike Brown.

Last edited by lorrysda; 05-14-2011 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Then you are very foolish in not listening and comprehending why she resigned her office as governor!

She has the "guts" to put her state first over and above her personal self! The Dems and others that she exposed and whipped butt for their corruption, etc., were bringing law suit after law suit against her which was causing tremendous interference with governing, wasted hours and hours of staff, tremendous cost to the State for legal defense, etc., etc.

I take my hat off to her for having the guts to step down in order to stop all the cost in so many areas to the State of Alaska.

If you want to really read and understand how very bad politicians can be in putting their own agendas first over and above their responsibility to their elected office, read the newly released "Deadly Indifference" by Michael Brown and Ted Schwarz...its available on Amazon.com ! The real truth is told about the politicians covering their own butts and/or diverting hospital ships for their own photo ops during the Katrina Hurricane. You will be amazed at what crap media and crap politicians do to those who "don't play the game." That includes the false crap they spun against Sarah Palin and Mike Brown.
Her supporters are foolish to think that she was "noble" to quit her office avoid the ethics violations....which she was obviously guilty of and was certain to have been found guilt of. I will never trust a person who attempts to preach about what people should do in their own homes while she neglected to control what was happening in her own home (ie knocked up teen daughter) Sarah Palin is hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I didn't read the article.

I read the first two sentences:

From the moment Sarah Palin’s acceptance speech electrified the Republican convention, she was seen as an unbending, hard-charging, red-meat ideologue—to which soon was added “thin-skinned” and “vindictive.” But a look at what Palin did while in office in Alaska—the only record she has—shows a very different politician: one who worked with Democrats to tame Big Oil

and my BS meter went off the chart.

Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor - Times Online

The polar bear should be removed from the endangered species list because its protected status will hamper drilling for oil and gas in Alaska, the state's Republican Governor has demanded.

No thx.

Yes, plz.
You couldn't read the article but you were able to throw in some others that weren't intended to make her look any better than you have ever seen her. It seems to me that you just like writing from one side of the aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies