Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times

Advertisements

Wealthy people are the people who create jobs. Taxing them to the point they can no longer expand their companies and hire more people makes no sense to me. My BIL told me about a caller who called into Rush Limbaugh to make that very statement. He said he never worked for a poor person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 02:36 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Yet another tax thread...

Take Apple, makes billions in profits, employs an army of cheap workers in China.
Other companies don't pay any taxes and still don't hire and expand the way your logic might suggest.

Sure, it doesn't make sense to stifle companies, but on the other hand there is no reason to suck up to them and treat them better than humans, either.

Companies are just societal tools to provide work to people now that we have all but eliminated traditional agriculture.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:42 PM

It's a straighforward question. It is not another tax thread.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Poor people are there to be exploited and as a handy scapegoat for our ills. In that sense they are a valuable resource to this nation, even though they do not directly create jobs. But dislike for them, if it is not the reason Rush has a job, at least increases his income. The problem is their ranks are growing rapidly. Actually they do create some. They need to eat, maybe have a place to live and, according to some, a cell phone. Kill them off and the demand for that would decrease and even more jobs will be lost.

Last edited by pvande55; 05-14-2011 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Add line

Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It's a straighforward question. It is not another tax thread.
The question doesn't make sense in my view.
Although I have never worked for and been paid by a poor person, I have never worked for and been paid by a rich person, either. Only by companies and clients. My main client these days is anything but rich, he earns less than his own employees in order to keep his business running. But he always pays me on time...

Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Personally no i have not. I much rather help out a poor person, that is just me, maybe wrong i don't know.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:47 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Wealthy people are the people who create jobs. Taxing them to the point they can no longer expand their companies and hire more people makes no sense to me. My BIL told me about a caller who called into Rush Limbaugh to make that very statement. He said he never worked for a poor person.
Define poor vs. wealthy in the context of the thread. I've worked for people who certainly didn't have teams of accountants/lawyers finding them every tax loophole in the books. Does that mean they were poor?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Define poor vs. wealthy in the context of the thread. I've worked for people who certainly didn't have teams of accountants/lawyers finding them every tax loophole in the books. Does that mean they were poor?
"Poor" in this thread is someone who doesn't have enough wealth to start and sustain a company.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The question doesn't make sense in my view.
Although I have never worked for and been paid by a poor person, I have never worked for and been paid by a rich person, either. Only by companies and clients. My main client these days is anything but rich, he earns less than his own employees in order to keep his business running. But he always pays me on time...
A rich person or person own(s) the companies for which you have worked. I don't understand how you fail to understand that human beings own businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Wealthy people create products or services. Consumers create jobs.

And no, i've never worked for a poor person. But i've definitely worked for a few folks that certainly weren't wealthy.

Besides, how many wealthy people make money from only wealthy people? The wealthy are just as dependant on the poor and middle classes as those people are dependant on the wealthy. Maybe even moreso.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies