Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

I wish she would run for Vice President. Even though I know Biden wouldn't go after her (he's too nice a guy) I'm sure there are plenty of reporters with unanswered questions about the invasion of Iraq and her certainty that Saddam had WMD.

It seems being a forthright liar is a good thing for Republican voters.

Please, do run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yes! Thanks for reminding me! Condi ignored THAT one from '98, too, along with all the other Al Qeda intel that Richard Clarke and George Tennant tried to warn her about.

But, I was referring to the cascade of hair-on-fire security alerts in the Spring-Summer of 2000 (which she and Bush wiped their butts with), including this one:

bin Laden Determined To Strike in US

Transcript: Bin Laden determined to strike in US - CNN

But Bush and Condi were too busy that Summer, outlawing stem cell reserch, giving kick-backs to campaign contributors (in the form of a 1.2 trillion dollar tax break to Bush's wealthy buds), and... clearing brush???

Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Yes! Thanks for reminding me! Condi ignored THAT one from '98, too, along with all the other Al Qeda intel that Richard Clarke and George Tennant tried to warn her about.

But, I was referring to the cascade of hair-on-fire security alerts in the Spring-Summer of 2000 (which she and Bush wiped their butts with), including this one:

bin Laden Determined To Strike in US

Transcript: Bin Laden determined to strike in US - CNN

But Bush and Condi were too busy that Summer, outlawing stem cell reserch, giving kick-backs to campaign contributors (in the form of a 1.2 trillion dollar tax break to Bush's wealthy buds), and... clearing brush???
Bush started as president on January 20th, 2001.

Quote:
George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn into office on January 20, 2001, re-elected on November 2, 2004, and sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005. Before his Presidency, he served for 6 years as Governor of the State of Texas.
George W. Bush | The White House

As far as George Tennant, is that the same guy you fellas lambasted for false intel in Iraq?

You're welcome.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wish she would run for Vice President. Even though I know Biden wouldn't go after her (he's too nice a guy) I'm sure there are plenty of reporters with unanswered questions about the invasion of Iraq and her certainty that Saddam had WMD.

It seems being a forthright liar is a good thing for Republican voters.

Please, do run.
All that has been answered a gazillion times you're just willfully ignoring it.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:06 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Her experience and contacts will help a GOP president.

BREAKING: Condi Rice Flirts With VP Possibility -- Speaks to Grover Norquist's Wednesday Group Meeting - The Washington Note

She has flirted with the idea of being second in command of the U.S. Government before.

Mitch Daniels Names Pro-Abortion Condi Rice as Potential VP | LifeNews.com

As a bonus she could bring in the black vote.
Your last sentence is the most important one.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Your last sentence is the most important one.
Yes, we should not fail to realize how many black Americans can identify with Condoleezza Rice and would vote for her based on that identification. (Just for the record, that noise you heard in the background was my Sarcasm Alert going off!)

Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:

They all stick together.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Yes, we should not fail to realize how many black Americans can identify with Condoleezza Rice and would vote for her based on that identification. (Just for the record, that noise you heard in the background was my Sarcasm Alert going off!)
No matter how you meant it, I think it will become more or less a must to have at least one minority member on future tickets...

Old 05-15-2011, 02:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Her experience and contacts will help a GOP president.

BREAKING: Condi Rice Flirts With VP Possibility -- Speaks to Grover Norquist's Wednesday Group Meeting - The Washington Note

She has flirted with the idea of being second in command of the U.S. Government before.

Mitch Daniels Names Pro-Abortion Condi Rice as Potential VP | LifeNews.com

Don't count on Condi Rice bringing many Black American voters.

Pick her for another reason i.e. see's got great foreign policy experience etc. but picking her just because she's Black is about the WORST reason to pick her as a running mate.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...that's funny.

Former Natl Sec Advisor and Sec 'o State, huh? Yea, she handled herself brilliantly alright. BTW...what was her part in those 2 failed wars?
My problem with her is not only her participation in the advocacy of the Iraq War it's to this very day she continues to defend the false, fabricated and misleading intelligence used to justify the war.

Any political candidate that takes her on also brings the whole Bush 43 administration justification for the Iraq War BACK into the national political conversation. Most Republicans would rather let that sleeping dog lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies