Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times

Advertisements

Anyone find it funny that some departments of the federal government claim that you need to cross state lines to violate the law, while others are claiming federal jurisdiction to do whatever they want?

FDA: Illegal for Individuals to Cross State Lines to Get Raw Milk | Journal of Natural Food and Health

Federal Raw Milk Suit: FDA Answers the Judge
whether 21 C.F.R. §1240.61 [the federal regulation challenged in the suit] applies to and proscribes the conduct of the following persons:
  1. persons who travel from one state, where it is not legal to purchase raw milk, to another state, where it is legal to purchase raw milk, legally purchase raw milk, then return to the original state where they consume the raw milk themselves or give it to their friends or family members; or
  2. a principal and agent who agree that the agent will obtain raw milk out-of-state, where it is legal to do so, and deliver it to the principal in the principal’s home state, where sales of raw milk are not permitted, where the principal then consumes the raw milk or gives it to the principal’s friends or family members; or
  3. a producer of raw milk who sells raw milk in a state where it is legal to do so in an intrastate transaction to person that he knows are from out of state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 04:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
All in the name of commerce....

Now would be a good time to create an alternate plan for where to go when where you are is no longer safe. Ask any student of history.

Quote:
We hold that there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers

Old 05-16-2011, 04:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Yet another example of why states need to exercise their 10th Amendment rights. Or, people need to vote with their feet and move to states that allow the freedom to puchase raw milk and such directly from the farmers.

The world is going to Hades in a hand basket and the federal government has time to set up Amish or Mennonite farmers in milk stings? WHat do they think they are, milk terrorists?

Aren't the high levels of radiation in our milk and priduce following the Japan nuclear disaster more of a threat?

Is this really important compared to 3 wars, $14.3 Trillion in national debt, natural disasters that are wiping out nealy half a million homes and over a million acres of farmland, unsecured Southern border, etc.... .

Yep, the Obama administration has its priorities straight, milk stings! Udderly stupid.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yet another example of why states need to exercise their 10th Amendment rights. Or, people need to vote with their feet and move to states that allow the freedom to puchase raw milk and such directly from the farmers.

The world is going to Hades in a hand basket and the federal government has time to set up Amish or Mennonite farmers in milk stings? WHat do they think they are, milk terrorists?

Aren't the high levels of radiation in our milk and priduce following the Japan nuclear disaster more of a threat?

Is this really important compared to 3 wars, $14.3 Trillion in national debt, natural disasters that are wiping out nealy half a million homes and over a million acres of farmland, unsecured Southern border, etc.... .

Yep, the Obama administration has its priorities straight, milk stings! Udderly stupid.
Yeah, it ranks up there with them getting into our bedrooms and uteri.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
BUSTED...Milk Raid !!!!!

Put down that glass of milk and back away from the table...SLOWLY with your hands in the air.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
BUSTED...Milk Raid !!!!!

Put down that glass of milk and back away from the table...SLOWLY with your hands in the air.
Yes, I shot and killed the man, he was holding an illegal glass of milk and I was afraid he was going to drink it!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,512,501 times
What a silly law. I can't see it ever actually being enforced. The only I can think of is that they may try and bring a case against someone as a token in order to establish case law for future proceedings. Proceedings of what exactly, I have no idea.

Although I guess just for argument's sake, I can't drive to another state and get my windows tinted darkly there (where it may be legal) then drive back and operate my vehicle in my home state where the tinting would violate the law. In the same line of thinking, back when I lived in Georgia, it was well known that it was illegal to drive up to South Carolina to buy Sparklers for use back in Georgia. I see the corollary, but it seems like a real waste of resources to spell it out for something this minor.

Also, this act of consuming the raw milk is already illegal at the local level, the only difference is now you can be prosecuted at the federal level. Unless Mexican drug cartels have a side business of running raw milk underground pipelines, I don't see what that accomplishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
We hold that there is no right to reasonably resist unlawful entry by police officers
Wait, this might be a little tangent, but isn't this obvious to the point of being self evident? Neither you nor the police are in a position to argue over whether or not their entry is lawful at the time of their actions. That's what a judge and courtroom are for. That's the whole point behind the 4th amendment and the fact that if a court determines any evidence was collected in an illegal search it will usually be thrown out.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Witty pun aside, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Obama had not even a tangential part in this.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post

Wait, this might be a little tangent, but isn't this obvious to the point of being self evident? Neither you nor the police are in a position to argue over whether or not their entry is lawful at the time of their actions. That's what a judge and courtroom are for. That's the whole point behind the 4th amendment and the fact that if a court determines any evidence was collected in an illegal search it will usually be thrown out.
Unless, of course, you got plugged full of 71 bullets and had EMS held for 1 hour before they could help you and you died.

Then your surviving family can go in front of a judge to determine whether or not their actions were "lawful".

Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,512,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Unless, of course, you got plugged full of 71 bullets and had EMS held for 1 hour before they could help you and you died.

Then your surviving family can go in front of a judge to determine whether or not their actions were "lawful".
That seems all the more reason why you do not have the right to resist an entry, even if they entry may later be proven illegal - because it can lead to a situation such as being shot 71 times.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Enjoy!

Videos – Glenn Beck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies