Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Very interesting comment indeed.

Mr Calvinist:
If the American Indians came to your door and demanded you give them your house and property, because according to their religion, your property is theirs..... would you give it back to them?

I didn't think so.

Likewise, the Palestinians want their houses and land back.

Peace,
brian

Your comparison is invalid. The American Indians did not steal land from the whites prior.
As you said, things change. So does possession of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Chava, anyway you look at it, is tragic for Palestinians. The problem is that their mindset and attitude are their worst enemies.

Their leaders and fellow Arabs in the region are their worst enemies. As much as the other arab countries cry foul when violence flares up, none of them would act with the same restraint as the Israelis. They treat the Palestinians as their disposable pawns.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
you know, i could care less about what's going on over there...i think it's about time we let them hash it out between themselves...cut all federal gov't aid to every nation.

if you want to gather a bunch of money for charitable donations, knock yourself out...but keep my money out of it!!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree 100% that Israel does some crappy things.....but then so does the Palestinians. So where I am left puzzled is how you arrive at Israel = Bad and Palestinians = Good.
What puzzles me is where you saw in my post me saying the above statement. Clue for ya: Two wrongs do not make a right. Or is it that you are agreeing that Both sides are doing bad things
Casper

Old 05-19-2011, 11:50 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Isreal can literally get a way with murder..in some peoples' eyes, Isrealis can do no wrong.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
The Palestinians are doing it wrong. The Palestinians need to stop throwing rocks and such. They should just walk towards these checkpoints peacefully with arms locked. If they are going to gun you down anyway, might as well make them look like a bunch of fascist thugs instead of riot control. After all these years of suicide bombings, shooting rockets, throwing rocks at tanks and soldiers, you still don't have a nation to call your own. It isn't your cause, but your methods.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Isreal can literally get a way with murder..in some peoples' eyes, Isrealis can do no wrong.

Are you kidding?! Israel is under the microscope like no other country. They receive more attention that any other country their size. If a mouse sneezes in Israel you will see it on the news that day.

You can be sure they will not kill unless they need to.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Are you kidding?! Israel is under the microscope like no other country. They receive more attention that any other country their size. If a mouse sneezes in Israel you will see it on the news that day.

You can be sure they will not kill unless they need to.
BS, they do not care one bit if the cameras are rolling when they shoot and they have been caught at it many times. Maybe since we send them Billions every year they deserve to be under a microscope, or better yet cut of the US welfare tit, we cannot afford them, especially since we get nearly nothing in return.
Casper

Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
BS, they do not care one bit if the cameras are rolling when they shoot and they have been caught at it many times. Maybe since we send them Billions every year they deserve to be under a microscope, or better yet cut of the US welfare tit, we cannot afford them, especially since we get nearly nothing in return.
Casper

You are combining two unrelated issues.
1. They do care that cameras are rolling. An ISRAELI organization called Btzelem which monitors it's government's treatment of Palestinians, makes sure of it. Tell me which Arab country would allow such a thing in their territory.

2. If you reason we should not send Israel money because we get nothing in return, then please tell me what we get in return from the like of Pakistan and Egypt for their aid. By the way, most of the aid to Israel comes back in form of equipment purchases, thus creating jobs here.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper

Go here Palestinian Protests on Israel's Borders - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

Look at picture 29. Israeli firefighter runs into a burning building to rescue a Palestinian child. Tell me again they do not care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies