Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Once again, liberals support our nation's enemies (Islamic terrorist) over our nation's allies.
i think most americans are just tired of having to see all their money flowing to the mideast to settle tensions- which are NOT going to be settled by us. we have given money to just about everybody to stop the violence and the violence continues.

how many peace treaties have been attempted? how many presidents have been involved?

obviously, both sides are party to the violence in the mideast.

i am not sure this is a liberal or conservative issue.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-16-2011 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 05:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

LOL, recognition of a Palestinian state certainly doesn't prove that anyone cares about the Palestinians. As you probably do not know, even their brothers in Jordan kicked them out. Nobody wants them.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/16/wo...rssnyt&emc=rss

President Assad demonstrated to Israel, the region and world that in an uprising that has posed the greatest threat to his family’s four decades of rule, he could provoke war with Israel in order to stay in power.
For 40 years, the Syrians have very effectively prevented infiltration of the border area with Israel and even for Syrians, permission is required to enter some parts of it. But now they suddenly allowed crowds to venture to a place it had all but declared off limits until now.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, recognition of a Palestinian state certainly doesn't prove that anyone cares about the Palestinians. As you probably do not know, even their brothers in Jordan kicked them out. Nobody wants them.
Who was it that wanted the Jews and welcomed them with open arms before Israel was created?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Who was it that wanted the Jews and welcomed them with open arms before Israel was created?
Mmmm do you mean before the nazi's try to exterminate them all? Well they were represented in every European country!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Mmmm do you mean before the nazi's try to exterminate them all? Well they were represented in every European country!
Did you even fread what I wrte? Since you implied nobody cared about the Palestinians and this somehow justifies there being no Palestinian state, logic would say surely someone cared enough to want the Jews so I'll ask again:

Will you actually attempt answering the question or once again just slide into a Nazi whine? Just Who was it after WW II that was welcoming the Jews with open arms?

BTW: Being "represented in every European country" DOES NOT equate to being welcomed with open arms. It's a safe guess the Roma were represented in every European country but not exactly welcome.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
These were Palestinian protestors in Syria and Lebanon protesting the anniversary of their expulsion from their homes in Palestine in 1948. .
uhmm

there never was a place called palestine

the 'palistinians' country is syria

Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Did you even fread what I wrte? Since you implied nobody cared about the Palestinians and this somehow justifies there being no Palestinian state, logic would say surely someone cared enough to want the Jews so I'll ask again:

Will you actually attempt answering the question or once again just slide into a Nazi whine? Just Who was it after WW II that was welcoming the Jews with open arms?

BTW: Being "represented in every European country" DOES NOT equate to being welcomed with open arms. It's a safe guess the Roma were represented in every European country but not exactly welcome.
Lol talk about reading. Please quote for me what you suggest I wrote. I'll help you. Suggesting support for a palestinan state with support for palestinianians is faulty.

Jews were accepted by Europe prior to the nazi.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Are you going to deny that Israel was formed on the expulsion of the native population? If you are than I am not even going to bother arguing with your ignorant self. Pick up a book that wasn't not written in favor of the Zionist agenda and educate yourself.
Weren't the Palestinians kicked out of Jordan and not allowed back in? Where's everyone's outrage at Jordan for kicking them out and not letting them back in?

Black September in Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Lol talk about reading. Please quote for me what you suggest I wrote. I'll help you. Suggesting support for a palestinan state with support for palestinianians is faulty.
Then what is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies