Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They are hired by society to protect it from people like Tim McVeigh and the sovriegn citizens.
They are just doing their job.
My natural father was a cop. A married one. I am adopted. I dated a cop, that I found out later, he was married. So I really do not care for policeman.

They are a man just like every other man...

Cops are human just like every one else and they too will break the law, more time than not, they will get by with breaking the law, because people are too scared to stand up to them and/or we were taught from birth, to respect cops. Sorry....I just don't until the man under that uniform shows me, I can trust and respect...

Sovereign nation legal definition of Sovereign nation. Sovereign nation synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

If a person lives in a sovereign nation does that not make that person a sovereign citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
My natural father was a cop. A married one. I am adopted. I dated a cop, that I found out later, he was married. So I really do not care for policeman.

Cops are human just like every one else and they too will break the law, more time than not, they will get by with breaking the law, because people are too scared to stand up to them and/or we were taught from birth, to respect cops. Sorry....I just don't until the man under that uniform shows me, I can trust and respect...

Sovereign nation legal definition of Sovereign nation. Sovereign nation synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

If a person lives in a sovereign nation does that not make that person a sovereign citizen?
NO it doesn't. You are wrong. The Sovreign Citizens feel that they can obey those laws they like and disregard the laws they don't like. As in my example, TIM McViegh was a Sovriegn Citizen who thought the the government was wrong at WACO and took revenge by bombing a Federal building. He also did not believe that the government could tell him he had to register his automobile, so on his way home after massacring American citizens he was stopped for no tags on his car.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Also the greatest threat to Police Officers and Americans. If Tim McVeigh hadn't bee a Sovereign Citizen who didn't believe he needed license plates on his car, he would have gotten away. They are Domestic Terrorists

I recall the report being that the license plate was hanging by one screw when he was stopped.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
NO it doesn't. You are wrong. The Sovreign Citizens feel that they can obey those laws they like and disregard the laws they don't like. As in my example, TIM McViegh was a Sovriegn Citizen who thought the the government was wrong at WACO and took revenge by bombing a Federal building. He also did not believe that the government could tell him he had to register his automobile, so on his way home after massacring American citizens he was stopped for no tags on his car.
It is a true statement that you live in the United States, "The sovereignty of a state is determined with reference to the U.S. Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land." and you live under its jurisdiction, then you are, we are by definition a sovereign citizen as you live in a sovereign nation.

The Sovereign citizen of the movement believes he is born sovereign. Which is good, so did the Founding Fathers. What is different is---some people believe that they are not being properly represented by those who declare (today) the supreme law of the land. There are those who believe that our government is corrupt, has been corrupt. They are sovereign under their own natural rights as natural human beings and the new laws and the laws of this country no longer apply to them; do not pertain to them. (in other words, they are trying to found a new country, with out having any undiscovered country to move to)

The Founding Fathers set us up to be self-governing. Funny thing is, because people are human and prone to mistakes, we don't know how to govern ourselves. Since the law is broad enough to drive a truck through...many people believe our government has done just that and have rewritten the laws through amendments to where now they are in control of us and we no longer have our freedoms that the people who came here; fought and died here for us today to have had our freedoms maintained, well it isn't so any more.

The movement is called Sovereign Citizen Movement (Boston Tea Party had all ready been used) which is really quite funny, seeing as how we are all suppose to be sovereign to begin with., living on sovereign soil.

SOVEREIGN : on Law Dictionary
"SOVEREIGN. A chief ruler with supreme power; one possessing sovereignty. (q.v.) It is also applied to a king or other magistrate with limited powers. (q.v.) It is also applied to a king or other magistrate with limited powers. 2. In the United States the sovereignty resides in the body of the 2. In the United States the sovereignty resides in the body of the people. Vide Rutherf. Inst. 282. people. Vide Rutherf. Inst. 282."

All your comment does is prove that there are a lot of people in this country who really haven't a clue as to what is really going on.

So Boompa, could be your right, could be we are not sovereign citizens at all, but entities in the corporation called THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, who has a great big bank, named the fed reserve. That would explain, so much.

I've learned much from doing the research and post in this thread. Thanks OP.

PS: The stronger and more in control the government gets, they greater the chances of bullets flying. Keep that in mind while all vote for big daddy to take care of them.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-19-2011 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: ps

Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Sovereign Citizens, Anti-Government Group Files Liens, Some Embrace Violence (VIDEO)
No thanks just a bag of Nuts that will endup going too far and getting their behinds behnd bars.
Casper

Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sovereign Citizens, Anti-Government Group Files Liens, Some Embrace Violence (VIDEO)
No thanks just a bag of Nuts that will endup going too far and getting their behinds behnd bars.
Casper
Except in states where common law is still recognized by some degree.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
The Sovreign Citizens feel that they can obey those laws they like and disregard the laws they don't like.
Damn! I didn't know that Obama was part of that group. I mean, he doesn't feel he has to follow laws he disagrees with, so he must be part of that group.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post

A sovereign citizen is a citizen who thinks they owe the nation where they live no loyalty. They do not feel that they have an obligation to obey the laws of that nation. They do not feel that they have an obligation to pay the taxes imposed by that nation. Because they are sovereign, they can choose to be loyal to their home nation. Or not. Because they are sovereign they can choose to obey the laws. Or not. Because they are sovereign they can choose to pay taxes. Or not. So if your sovereign citizen neighbor chooses to murder you in your sleep, his argument is not only that he can choose to do so, but that the law has no authority over him, he can do so without legal consequences. Think!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A sovereign citizen is a citizen who thinks they owe the nation where they live no loyalty. They do not feel that they have an obligation to obey the laws of that nation. They do not feel that they have an obligation to pay the taxes imposed by that nation. Because they are sovereign, they can choose to be loyal to their home nation. Or not. Because they are sovereign they can choose to obey the laws. Or not. Because they are sovereign they can choose to pay taxes. Or not. So if your sovereign citizen neighbor chooses to murder you in your sleep, his argument is not only that he can choose to do so, but that the law has no authority over him, he can do so without legal consequences. Think!
Not only did I think, I asked a question, what is the legal definition?

SOVEREIGN : on Law Dictionary
"SOVEREIGN. A chief ruler with supreme power; one possessing sovereignty. (q.v.) It is also applied to a king or other magistrate with limited powers. (q.v.) It is also applied to a king or other magistrate with limited powers. 2. In the United States the sovereignty resides in the body of the 2. In the United States the sovereignty resides in the body of the people. Vide Rutherf. Inst. 282. people. Vide Rutherf. Inst. 282." [emphasis added]

SOVEREIGN STATE : on Law Dictionary
"SOVEREIGN STATE. One which governs itself independently of any foreign power. power."

SOVEREIGN, Eng : on Law Dictionary
"SOVEREIGN, Eng
SOVEREIGN, Eng. law. The name of a gold coin of Great Britain of the value of one pound sterling. of one pound sterling.
"

What type of country do you believe you live in, if it isn't a sovereign one? Please point to the documentation that states, we are not a Sovereign Nation, whose people are not sovereign who reside within.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Sovereign Citizen Resists Traffic Stop Arrest As A 'Free Citizen On A Free Highway' | TPMMuckraker
A sovereign citizen in Virginia was arrested and charged with five misdemeanors after a bizarre encounter with a state police officer where he called himself a "free citizen on a free highway" and gave multiple fake names.
Michael Creath Jones, 31, was pulled over last week by State Trooper T.M. Simmons because he had a fake painted license plate with the words "Virginia" and "private use" handwritten on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies