Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:36 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

I wholeheartedly support H1B visas for foreign doctors.

It will definitely and surely help a million struggling Americans and their astronomical medical bills, thereby contributing to the stethescreeps fund, so they can live the life of God, throw their wives out and post their profile on match.com standing in front of their Ferraris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>They were, by far, the most qualified applicants.<

Enquiring minds wanna know...

Did you pay them less than what a typical US citizen would have made?
Actually, I paid more. In order to sponsor an H1B1 applicant it cost me an additional $1,000.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
For the last software engineering job we had open, we had 48 applicants, only five even had cover letters and only two were remotely qualified. One was the most arrogant person we ever met, the other was way to rude/crass to ever work in a professional environment. We ended up picking up an outsourced contract for a year simply because we couldn't find anyone decent in America. When it comes to educated/skilled jobs, it is really tough to find a good candidate right now (purely in my own personal experience).

Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
More scams from the government and corporations who love you!

The HB-1 Visa scam:

YouTube - PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo
The Time Sq almost bomber was an HIB visa holder although he had a C to D average from a subpar college.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Most of my coworkers at my last job were H1B visa holders. They were all from China and, yes, they were paid quite well. The boss, also from China, knew which were the good colleges over there and only hired the smartest and best qualified. Most of them had PhDs. The problem is that once you start working for a company as an H1B visa holder (or any other work visa) you are stuck working for them for a number of years until you can get your green card.
Recently (6 months ago) one of those former co-workers finally got his green card and he was able to quit his job. He took a better paying job, ironically enough, in China.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Most of my coworkers at my last job were H1B visa holders. They were all from China and, yes, they were paid quite well. The boss, also from China, knew which were the good colleges over there and only hired the smartest and best qualified. Most of them had PhDs. The problem is that once you start working for a company as an H1B visa holder (or any other work visa) you are stuck working for them for a number of years until you can get your green card.
Recently (6 months ago) one of those former co-workers finally got his green card and he was able to quit his job. He took a better paying job, ironically enough, in China.
If they were willing to find another employer to sponsor them, they can get another job. The individual I hired from the Czech Republic was already working in the US under a H1B1 visa for 9 months for another company. I sponsored him for an additional year. He never did get permanent resident status, and now works in Ireland.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
City-Data is an extremely interesting forum. It seems that no matter which forum I go into there are multiple small business owners who are worth lots of money, hire lots of people and know a whole lot about pretty much everything.

And these same people have thousands and thousands of posts, literally. Hmm?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
City-Data is an extremely interesting forum. It seems that no matter which forum I go into there are multiple small business owners who are worth lots of money, hire lots of people and know a whole lot about pretty much everything.

And these same people have thousands and thousands of posts, literally. Hmm?
Internet forums attract introverted people who would rather take a five minute mental break by going online than standing in the hallway talking to someone else.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Internet forums attract introverted people who would rather take a five minute mental break by going online than standing in the hallway talking to someone else.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that's it.
Easier to find excuses for other people than it is to think they might actually be successful, isn't it? I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies