Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for him
Yes, I would vote for an open racist if I agreed with everything else he stands for 18 28.13%
No, I would not vote for a racist under any circumstances. 46 71.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 PM

499 posts, read 405,217 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
I actually remember when the term "racist" meant something - sadly, those days are gone. It's the great tragedy of this political era. The "race card" has been tossed down for everything from a budget city council meeting using the term "black hole" to devils food and angel food cake (Dallas, TX).

Over two years now of the "racism" charge IF you happen to disagree with a Democrat (who is 1/2 Black) has totally diluted what used to be a meaningful term. IF the Democrats and Far Leftists think the charge of "racism" is going to effect voting patterns, they will learn they over used the term and rendered it next to meaningless.

Calling Bill and Hillary Clinton "racists" during the 2008 election cycle was totally beyond the pale. On Meet the Press yesterday - Gregory called Gingrich a "racist" because Newt said more people are on Food Stamps today than at any time in our history .... which is absolutely true, 1 in every 6 Americans is on Food Stamps. The race card is NOT going to work in 2012.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Stupid question and a stupid poll.

And, since it is all theorhetical, am I to presume that in the state in which this theorhetical election is taking place, that being a racist is against the law? Would the poll or any of its anwaers be the same if the candidate in question were gay? What if..... the race was between a physically handicapped,black, lesbian, midget, racist, muslim and an run of the mill repuclicrat? Would self described liberals vote for the HBLMRM? If they support every issue that the candidate stands for, I hope they would. Why is liberty so scary to some folks?

The question as asked holds no value. You can be racist all you want, it is not against the law. Rather stupid I think, but not illegal.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I actually remember when the term "racist" meant something - sadly, those days are gone. It's the great tragedy of this political era. The "race card" has been tossed down for everything from a budget city council meeting using the term "black hole" to devils food and angel food cake (Dallas, TX).

Over two years now of the "racism" charge IF you happen to disagree with a Democrat (who is 1/2 Black) has totally diluted what used to be a meaningful term. IF the Democrats and Far Leftists think the charge of "racism" is going to effect voting patterns, they will learn they over used the term and rendered it next to meaningless.

Calling Bill and Hillary Clinton "racists" during the 2008 election cycle was totally beyond the pale. On Meet the Press yesterday - Gregory called Gingrich a "racist" because Newt said more people are on Food Stamps today than at any time in our history .... which is absolutely true, 1 in every 6 Americans is on Food Stamps. The race card is NOT going to work in 2012.
Did you read the OP? I said the person in question is a self admitted racist.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Stupid question and a stupid poll.

And, since it is all theorhetical, am I to presume that in the state in which this theorhetical election is taking place, that being a racist is against the law? Would the poll or any of its anwaers be the same if the candidate in question were gay? What if..... the race was between a physically handicapped,black, lesbian, midget, racist, muslim and an run of the mill repuclicrat? Would self described liberals vote for the HBLMRM? If they support every issue that the candidate stands for, I hope they would. Why is liberty so scary to some folks?

The question as asked holds no value. You can be racist all you want, it is not against the law. Rather stupid I think, but not illegal.
Where in the OP did I claim being racist is illegal?

Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Lets say for example he is running for the senate against a very liberal democrat in your state and you really want to unseat him. He is your ideal candidate. Very conservative, pro life, will vote to repeal obamacare, will vote for paul ryans budget, deficit hawk, pro gun, will cut entitlements, etc. He also won the republican primaries so it's either him or the tax and spend liberal.

One problem, he is an admitted racist. He hates blacks and refuses to associate with at all. He believes in segregation and the return to seperate water fountains, seperate schools, etc. He openly believes this but will not pursue this policy as an elected official.

So, would you still vote for him despite his personal beliefs on blacks and segregation?
Why does he have to hate black people specifically? There's all kinds of people in the country and he only hates blacks but he's cool with every other race From personal experience I've found that racist typically hate every race except their own.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
People elected Obama who attended a racist church, so I guess many would.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM

37,182 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Lets say for example he is running for the senate against a very liberal democrat in your state and you really want to unseat him. He is your ideal candidate. Very conservative, pro life, will vote to repeal obamacare, will vote for paul ryans budget, deficit hawk, pro gun, will cut entitlements, etc. He also won the republican primaries so it's either him or the tax and spend liberal.

One problem, he is an admitted racist. He hates blacks and refuses to associate with at all. He believes in segregation and the return to seperate water fountains, seperate schools, etc. He openly believes this but will not pursue this policy as an elected official.

So, would you still vote for him despite his personal beliefs on blacks and segregation?
If I know he is an avowed racist I know all I need or want to know about him. Anyone who cannot accept individuals as they come has nothing in common with me and nothing I want.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
Nope.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
My apologies, Majin. I did not intend to make it sound as though you had made it an issue of legality. I was simply making the statement that being a racist does not break a law, so why should it hold as much power as a yes/ no deal breaker? While the person may be offensive, at least you know where he or she stands, unlike the majority of mainstream insurgent politicians who will lie with a straight face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies