Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Trump A Perfect Example Of How Easily Misled The Right Are?
Yes 59 68.60%
Maybe/Unsure 2 2.33%
No 25 29.07%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times

Advertisements

The people who thought Trump was seriously going to run for president are the same people who secretly wish Vegas would allow wagering on WWE fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 07:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
With Trump announcing he's not running, you have to think even just as a social experiment how easily many of those on the right can be misled. When Trump first announced he was running his approval numbers were quite low, once he started with the birther nonsense many got bright eyed, a little slobber running down their mouths and his approval ratings skyrocketed. Once Trump dropped the motherload, stating Obama has been "the worst president ever" the right started frothing at the mouth, going into convulsions and praising him as an amazing candidate that will be the next president, with polls showing him tied or in the lead of republican hopefuls.
It didn't matter at all about having no political experience, that he's filed bankruptcy numerous times, and was otherwise a circus sideshow, just the fact that he bashed Obama made him a hero to many on the right. Most sane people knew he was a joke on a huge PR stunt from the beginning, but many gullible people thought he was a hero. So the question are many on the right easily mislead?
How many did he have supporting him ?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Gosh op, how many times must you be TOLD?

When only 43% of poll respondents are SURE the president was born in the US, which means that 57% don't believe it/are not sure, that indicates MORE than just those on the right had doubts.

Thank god the democrat-in-hiding, masquerading as a conservative, The Donald, is OUT.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Oh yeah, thats why there were neocons on here drooling over the prospect of trump running for POTUS. How quickly you repugs forget.
Well sweetie, I am not a Republican. I am a true conservative and I am registered as Independent, something you would not understand, you know, thinking for myself instead of relying on MSNBC to get my talking oders like you.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
and all his lame PR stunt did was to kill the ratings of that stupid show of his.
Quote:
With Trump announcing he's not running, you have to think even just as a social experiment how easily many of those on the right can be misled. When Trump first announced he was running his approval numbers were quite low, once he started with the birther nonsense many got bright eyed, a little slobber running down their mouths and his approval ratings skyrocketed. Once Trump dropped the motherload, stating Obama has been "the worst president ever" the right started frothing at the mouth, going into convulsions and praising him as an amazing candidate that will be the next president, with polls showing him tied or in the lead of republican hopefuls.
It didn't matter at all about having no political experience, that he's filed bankruptcy numerous times, and was otherwise a circus sideshow, just the fact that he bashed Obama made him a hero to many on the right. Most sane people knew he was a joke on a huge PR stunt from the beginning, but many gullible people thought he was a hero. So the question are many on the right easily mislead?

Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Well, I guess "the right" was not dumb enough to vote for a community organizer with no executive experience who has destroyed the treasury and the economy. If I had done that, I would be embarassed.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Did people actually think Trump would run.....and WIN?

He did a great service to this country and the millions who did not believe obama - he forced the fraud in chief to produce that which he fought tooth and nail to keep hidden...but ONLY after the polls showed the issue was hurting him badly.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
I don't know about that. But he sure set a perfect example for baby boomers.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I guess you totally missed or just ignored the most recent polls for Trump and how he slid like a fat man on ice skates after President Obama released his long form birth certificate.

Birth certificate out, Bin Laden dead, ...

Any tricks left for October 2012?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well, I guess "the right" was not dumb enough to vote for a community organizer with no executive experience who has destroyed the treasury and the economy. If I had done that, I would be embarassed.
Whats even funnier, they might actually do it TWICE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies