Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm predicting the death of the GOP ove the next 10 years or so. They are just getting more and more totally idiotic. I'm just amazed that there are so many Americans that can not only stand them but actually support them. All I ever hear from the GOP is complete nonsence. They must figure their supporters are as stupid as they are because time after time I hear them stand there and contradict thems selves upteen times in one interview.
I mean, how in the world can anyone take a political party seriously when the have spokespeople like Palin, Bachmann, Newt and the rest of their 1 watt intellectuals. What was it? 40% of GOP supporters jumped on the Trump bandwagon for POTUS. Now if that does not show you clearly what kind of people will vote for these goofballs then nothing will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I understand, I don't think the GOP will have a death tho.

It has been very idiotic, I voted for Bush the first time and that was quite enough.

I don't think most Americans support them, you don't hear about it much other than on political forums and other news/shows/radio personalities.

Palin, Trump I think were just sticking around to keep their names in the news and TV or to sell books or appear on TV

Bachmann & Newt never appealed to me, Michelle made too many mistakes with history, one could be acceptable but it went on, plus the bashing of the President did not help their party much. No other president was talked about or bashed as much as President Obama, I think the American people have noticed and just ignored things that were said by these people, its sad when you think about it.

I liked Paul last election but he got knocked out, I don't like him this time around.

I'd rather have Perot running again than the ones we keep hearing about.

Of course I will be bashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 12:36 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Rasmussen, lol. Why not site a poll given by WND or "Da Blaze" ?

Not everyone surveys as frequently as Rasmussen, but it's consistent with his less recent post Bin Laden drop in job approval by Gallup.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Obama's Approval Bump Hasn't Transferred to 2012 Prospects

Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Warning! The above post can cause uncontrollable laughter and may lead to beverages coming out of your nose.
Warning! Warning! Will Robinson, unknown alien on this thread.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:58 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How are the Repubs going to send the US into default ?

From what I read neither D nor R will come to any type of budget compromise.
And the Dems never signed a budget last year.
EXACTLY why they will lose in 2012! No one in the dimwit party had a clue, just spend spend spend spend. Which is why we are at the debt ceiling, but like the f***Ing morons they are, they are crying the debt ceiling must be raised. No, the SPENDING must quit! It's like having a credit card limit, then demanding the limit be raised even tho you haven't paid for what you already rung up on it.
Right now, the fools of the dimwit democratic party are the spoiled brats that see thye are out of control on wasting money, but they want someone to give them more. And these idiots want us to call them adults, or leaders of the Country? I don't believe I will make that mistake !!!!
bye bye mr forged fake birth cert moron and to his party, good ridence!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
I'm predicting the death of the GOP ove the next 10 years or so. They are just getting more and more totally idiotic. I'm just amazed that there are so many Americans that can not only stand them but actually support them. All I ever hear from the GOP is complete nonsence. They must figure their supporters are as stupid as they are because time after time I hear them stand there and contradict thems selves upteen times in one interview.
I mean, how in the world can anyone take a political party seriously when the have spokespeople like Palin, Bachmann, Newt and the rest of their 1 watt intellectuals. What was it? 40% of GOP supporters jumped on the Trump bandwagon for POTUS. Now if that does not show you clearly what kind of people will vote for these goofballs then nothing will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOu need to learn about generational cycles. The world in 10 years will be radically different than it is today.

The right and left will be one and the axis will shift to authoritarians vs. liberty.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Rasmussen, lol. Why not site a poll given by WND or "Da Blaze" ?

What the poster failed to mention is the current Gallup polling showing Presient Obama up 43% to 40% against the generic Republican.

Also there is still no clear Republican front runner. It's basically Michelle Bachman and the seven dwarves.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What the poster failed to mention is the current Gallup polling showing Presient Obama up 43% to 40% against the generic Republican.

Also there is still no clear Republican front runner. It's basically Michelle Bachman and the seven dwarves.
If I remember right, "generic" always polls better than an actual candidate at this stage.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... or what???

- Obama makes an ass out of Trump, and he drops out

- Obama nails bin Laden

- Mitt announces, and bombs

- Hucklebery-nutts says "No thanks...

- Gingrich announces, then immediately barfs all over Paul Ryan's Medicare plan on national TV

- Paul Ryan gets shouted down at town hall after town hall. His big "plan" is shelved by his own party

- Thanks to their bone-headed leaders, The GOP is on the verge of either A) Back-stabbing the Tea Baggers, or B) Sending the US into default

- Ron Paul announces, then says it was a mistake to take out bin Laden (AND he wants to end aid to Israel, AND he wants to legalize heroin, AND he's anti-death penalty, AND he wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act , AND he wants to disolve the FDA- you know, the guys who regulate how much RAT S*** gets in your Snickers bars...AND he's 76 years old... otherwise, he's a GREAT candidate!)

And last but not least... gas prices are down for the 10th straight day!!!

C'mon guys, you're making this too easy!

The "Forest Gump" GOP: "Ahm tarred... I think aw'll go lie down naow..."

........................ high unemployment, record debt, record deficits, manufacturing leaving the US.

It will be interesting to see how Obama attempts to defend his ineptitude in the 2012 election, as his record is terrible. People were duped once, but I doubt they will be duped again enmasse. Of course, liberals will vote for him regardless of his record, but that will not be enough.

Liberals can seek "hope and change" for 2012, but the facts remain that Obama has performed terribly. Unlike 2008, he will actually have a record and lack of accomplishments which he will have to defend; he will not have the luxury of attacking the position of his opponant and will be in the uncomfortable position of explaining ineptitude. That should be fun to watch.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Wasn't the "death of the GOP" predicted in 2008? Then they kicked butt in the 2010 elections. These predictions are idiotic.

Last edited by ringwise; 05-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-18-2011, 11:30 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I respectfully disagree with your diabtribe. Conservatives will be around for many decades to come.
I never said anything about "Conservatives". There is very little conservative about this current crop of GOP nuts. Generally they are tools for money masters of the USA. They dispise progress of the country in any form it may appear. They are reactionary and think that the answers to todays problems are to turn back the clock. There is an undercurrent of racism and I don't care what anyone says, it's a fact. I've listened to their spokespeople too many times pointing their fingers at the Blacks and the Latinos. Their denials just make them look more like the losers they are.

They completely lack in any kind of compassion for the poor the sick the mentally challenged or anyone in society that's not "THEM". They are hippocrates of the worst sort. They push family values while having their affairs. They are the first to line up at the trough when there is a programme that benefits them. Do you realize that many of this new crop of Tea partiers that are farmers have been milking the public purse for years for "THEIR" subsidies. Oh but they are intitled to it I guess, no one else but they are for sure. On their family values, they block, obstruct or roll back any and all programmes that may benefit families, except of course the rich families who these think are the only families that really matter. No sir, these are not conservatives at all. They are political whores, laying down for their pimps the 1% of the American people they represent. When will the Amerixan people get a clue and see these bloodsuckers for who they "REALLY ARE"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies