Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
And OJ Simpson was a great running back and funny actor and was popular with young Americans during his time. Big deal.

I guess if any celebrity were to commit a crime, it wouldn't matter to you. Hitler wrote a book you know.

So tell me what crime has Common been convicted of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's great. Maybe someday he will decide to start recording music and singing!
I can see why so many (and it is many) young people would rather listen to oldies!
This is the current listing of the top songs on Billboad Top 100

1. Rolling In The Deep - Adele

2. E.T. - Katy Perry Featuring Kanye West

3. On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull

4. Just Can't Get Enough - The Black Eyed Peas

5. The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars

6. Till The World Ends - Britney Spears

7. Just A Kiss - Lady Antebellum

8. Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer

9. S&M - Rihanna

10. Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes

Now granted GREAT MUSIC will ALWAYS stand the test of time. The great old artist will ALWAYS enjoy some popularity.

BUT THEY WILL NEVER BE AS POPULAR AMONGST THE CURRENT GENERATION AS THEY WERE WHEN THEY WERE IN THEIR PRIME.

Most young peoiple want listen to artist from THIER GENERATION PLAYING THEIR MUSIC.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Police, or sheriff?

Sheriffs are elected by the people, a police chief is hired & appointed by the city council, who statistically in metropolitan urban areas, are a big majority, Democrat Progressives.

Small rural towns and communities that are actually big enough to have a Police force, can go 50/50 one way or the other.

They are all on big power trips. The bullies in school, ALL, yes ALL, became cops.
The Nassau County PBA is VERY Republican.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
This is the current listing of the top songs on Billboad Top 100

1. Rolling In The Deep - Adele

2. E.T. - Katy Perry Featuring Kanye West

3. On The Floor - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull

4. Just Can't Get Enough - The Black Eyed Peas

5. The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars

6. Till The World Ends - Britney Spears

7. Just A Kiss - Lady Antebellum

8. Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer

9. S&M - Rihanna

10. Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes

Now granted GREAT MUSIC will ALWAYS stand the test of time. The great old artist will ALWAYS enjoy some popularity.

BUT THEY WILL NEVER BE AS POPULAR AMONGST THE CURRENT GENERATION AS THEY WERE WHEN THEY WERE IN THEIR PRIME.

Most young peoiple want listen to artist from THIER GENERATION PLAYING THEIR MUSIC.
Re: The current top 10... why I don't listen to top 40 music!

Yes, most young people do listen to the artist of their generation, but many change when they discover oldies. If fact, I stopped listening to top 40 music when I was only 20 years old and changed to only oldies from then on.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Re: The current top 10... why I don't listen to top 40 music!

Yes, most young people do listen to the artist of their generation, but many change when they discover oldies. If fact, I stopped listening to top 40 music when I was only 20 years old and changed to only oldies from then on.
Spoken like a true old person. I stopped listening to top 40 when I was 17, but I still listen to new music, just not the garbage you hear on mainstream stations, or as Palin would say, lamestream.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Spoken like a true old person. I stopped listening to top 40 when I was 17, but I still listen to new music, just not the garbage you hear on mainstream stations, or as Palin would say, lamestream.
I'm not really an "old person."
Fortunately, many "young people" agree with me. Just a small sample (youtube comments):

(Listen to the Music, Doobie Brothers, 1972)
"One of my favorite songs ever and I'm only 23 years old."

(Saturday in the Park, Chicago, 1972)
"I am so ashamed of my generation's music after listening to this. I can't name one band formed after my birth (1990) that is salvageable."

(Be My Baby, Ronettes, 1963)
"Here is a 17 year old who fully agrees that new mainstream music (if you can call it that) is atrocious."

"I love oldies and I'm only 24 years old and I've loved them since forever."

(Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Platters, 1958)
"I am 20 years old and I love this song."

Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
I love Ted Nugent. I play his "Kiss My Ass" every Friday evening. In fact (and this is what I think of Common):

YouTube - Ted Nugent - Kiss My Ass (with lyrics)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies