Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,041,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The GOP plan to expand drilling will likely pass. Because, the Senate Dems do work in behalf of the people. But cutting $20 Bil in needless spending on Big Oil, could not get passed because the Senate Repubs work for Big Oil.
I am thankful everyday of my life that I'm able to think for myself, and not needing to repeat the same old bs I'm told by those in political office..

Again mr bob, what are the "subsidies"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,657,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I did.. I specifically asked for a list of subsidies, and yet you havent provided one. Makes me wonder why you are shouting for something to be removed that you cant even list what they are. I'd be embarassed.
See post #9. But you've already responded to that so everybody knows you've read it. Perhaps maybe simply bow out instead of embarassing yourself more, if you won't simply admit your wrong.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,716,088 times
Quote:
The Repubs forced a filibuster 60 majority to pass stopping Big Oil subsidies. The Vote was 52-48 in favor, but 60 was required. The good thing is, the Dems will keep bringing these votes to the floor to get the Repubs on record. Little doubt who they represent.
They represent the people who actually FUND the goverment and not the deadbeats that have their hands out for a welfare check.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
See post #9. But you've already responded to that so everybody knows you've read it. Perhaps maybe simply bow out instead of embarassing yourself more, if you won't simply admit your wrong.
I seen #9 and responded to #9.. Maybe some people need to learn the difference between a tax credit, that EVERY BUSINESS ENJOYS, and a subsidy...

You being one of them if you think #9 provided an answer asked for because thats a list of credits, not subsidies.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,246,585 times
Quote:
The GOP plan to expand drilling will likely pass. Because, the Senate Dems do work in behalf of the people. But cutting $20 Bil in needless spending on Big Oil, could not get passed because the Senate Repubs work for Big Oil.
And who did the Senate Dems work for in 2009-2010?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:24 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,935,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
He can't do it. He is like Fonzie.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,836,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They represent the people who actually FUND the goverment and not the deadbeats that have their hands out for a welfare check.
The Oil Comps fund the Govt? Some don't even pay taxes or are you referring to their purchasing of people in Congress?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He can't do it. He is like Fonzie.
And you cant provide a list of subsidies.. I wonder why

Ooh I know why.. BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST.. But your masters claim they do, i.e. Democrats who you repeat like little parrots without having FACTS..
Quote:
The Oil Comps fund the Govt? Some don't even pay taxes or are you referring to their purchasing of people in Congress?
More evidence that liberals just repeat the same old bs they are told, even if its a lie..

Oil companies pay TONS of taxes.. Tens of BILLIONS.. In 2010, Exxon paid $21.6B in taxes and generated $77B in tax revenues, and thats just ONE oil company.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...utG_story.html

Last edited by pghquest; 05-18-2011 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,232,947 times
Quote:
The Repubs forced a filibuster 60 majority to pass stopping Big Oil subsidies. The Vote was 52-48 in favor, but 60 was required. The good thing is, the Dems will keep bringing these votes to the floor to get the Repubs on record. Little doubt who they represent.
Who do they represent, bob? Are you trying to say that the Dems represent everybody but big oil? Lets see now, Dirty Harry represents illegal aiens and everybody else who believes that GE and GM are the main corporations in the US but is against big oil? You know better than to try to convince us that the Republicans are just plain in the pocket of oil. I don't have one penny of their money in my pocket and would have been in that 48 vote.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,935,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And you cant provide a list of subsidies.. I wonder why

Ooh I know why.. BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST.. But your masters claim they do, i.e. Democrats who you repeat like little parrots without having FACTS..

More evidence that liberals just repeate the same old bs they are told, even if its a lie..

Oil companies pay TONS of taxes.. Tens of BILLIONS.. Exxon paid $21.6B alone in 2010 in taxes and generated $77B in tax revenues.
They were listed in post number 9. Oh yes I know all businesses can have these tax deductions. I am sure McDonalds will be happy to know that they can get a tax break for drilling costs.

If you say the letters slowly, maybe you can do it. Try it...I was W-R-O-N-G.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies